Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm using Swift Spec R springs - excellent match. Been in a car with Sportlines and these... thatbwas an excellent match, too. Pretty sure a couple people are using BMR Handling springs with these and like the combo. Pretty wide range, man.
Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I'm using Swift Spec R springs - excellent match. Been in a car with Sportlines and these... thatbwas an excellent match, too. Pretty sure a couple people are using BMR Handling springs with these and like the combo. Pretty wide range, man.
Did Steeda recommend a linear spring with these shocks? curious to know this. Once Steeda clarifies this they should simply offer a kit with shocks and springs aimed at a particular purpose and driver and a comparison of their shocks pairs with all of their springs so an average guy can make the right choice.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda already offers a simple, wide range of suspension/chassis component packages, unmatched in quantity, as far as I can tell, by any of their peers. Still, Steeda (and their peers) would stay, "call us, we'll help you put a package together". I have had converstions about their dampers with non-Steeda springs with SteedaTech and, while they of course like their spring offerings, they've been actually very open to discussing non-Steeda options should your preferences, driving style, application, etc., merit doing so. They helped me understand what would change when I went to Swift Spec R springs; and they were spot on.

It has been well-documented by Steeda customers and Steeda reps the range of spring types and spring rates these dampers are suitable for. They are not designed for a specific spring or spring type only - that would sell to about 10 people and Steeda would go bankrupt. I personally don't think the spring/damper combo package offering would be as successful as it seems it'd be on the surface since many people prefer Eibach or someone else's springs over what Steeda offers, which is fine, and Steeda isn't going to package non-Steeda springs in with their dampers. I mean... they make their own springs, so... let's be real. But, I know for a fact quite a few non-Steeda springs are wonderful with these dampers including Eibach Sportlines and Pro-Kit, Swift Spec R, and BMR Handling.

Yes, kits help people make a decision. I mean, it's not a bad idea and is really just a website listing to make happen since they'd come in separate boxes anyway, but they also open the door for baseless criticism of and misinformation regarding the package, when the real reason is they should have had a discussion with someone and put together something that was appropriate for their individual preferences/needs.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I still would like to hear an explanation as to even why Koni chose an Eibach pro kit to pair with their shocks over anything else. I think this is what confused my friend the most as for the past year we keep hearing how the Koni yellow are for track use and best paired with a high linear rate and ride terrible. Steeda had to have tested and evaluated such and I would like to hear. Can't find much on the forum or on their site and granted they can work with any spring but what are their ideal findings , progressive and pro action for street and pro action and linear for track only? My friend simply wants to buy them but not keep experimented on springs. He is a street driver and mainly want comfort and smooth ride with no choppy bounce.

wnracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Triple Yellow
I've been eyeing the Pro Action adjustables for my '15.

Someone (preferably affiliated with Steeda) tell me why I should choose these over some off the shelf Koni Yellows or the new (Non-adjustable) Bilstein HD's.

What specific changes did Steeda make from the Standard Konis? Is there faster compression? Slower Compression? Is there actually more adjustment in rebound than an off the shelf Koni? If so, how many turns in comparison?

Before anyone asks, I'm looking at these for my FS Autocross car which is also a daily. I don't want to compromise performance for a cushy ride.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Someone (preferably affiliated with Steeda) tell me why I should choose these over some off the shelf Koni Yellows or the new (Non-adjustable) Bilstein HD's.

What specific changes did Steeda make from the Standard Konis? Is there faster compression? Slower Compression? Is there actually more adjustment in rebound than an off the shelf Koni? If so, how many turns in comparison?

Before anyone asks, I'm looking at these for my FS Autocross car which is also a daily. I don't want to compromise performance for a cushy ride.

Thanks!
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]can help answer some of these for you.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Thanks!
The Steeda Pro-Action, have more control on compression then the Koni.

The adjustment range is 2 1/2 turns from full soft to full firm.

We have a slightly wider rebound adjustment range then the Koni

Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda adjustable Pro-Action shocks at work! Using the same Spring rates as our Dual rate comp springs.Two pole positions 2 wins this weekend at Palm Beach International Raceway.Lead the Endurance race start to finish. SCCA T1 class.
IMG_1584.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Steeda adjustable Pro-Action shocks at work! Using the same Spring rates as our Dual rate comp springs.Two pole positions 2 wins this weekend at Palm Beach International Raceway.Lead the Endurance race start to finish. SCCCA T1 class.
AWESOME! Congrats Steeda!!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Well worth the investment
This tends to be the general consensus for people running the Pro-Actions - many thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,

TJ

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
What are you guys leaving the rears adjusted at?

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
What are you guys leaving the rears adjusted at?
i installed a week ago... and set everything at 1/4 from full soft. I am on NE streets and roads, and I must admit, they feel pretty good. I will tighten it up for my hpde in april.

I have an issue with one rear, that I cant get to move past 1/4 soft, but I am sure they will get me straightened out when the return to the office and stop playing around and kicking ass at scca events :lol:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
i installed a week ago... and set everything at 1/4 from full soft. I am on NE streets and roads, and I must admit, they feel pretty good. I will tighten it up for my hpde in april.

I have an issue with one rear, that I cant get to move past 1/4 soft, but I am sure they will get me straightened out when the return to the office and stop playing around and kicking ass at scca events :lol:
Were you able to get the right rear shock adjusted.
Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks, Mike D
Sponsored