BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Thread on this. Pretty much echo'd here: Wider front track (whether its tires, offset increase or spacers), neutral to toe out are the solutions.

Also stiffer front springs and shocks, front sways, tires with a stiffer sidewall.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59728&highlight=steering+response

I did the sways and end link and didnt notice much from a steering response perspective (lean OTOH is mostly purged). I will report back once I install my 285/35 front tires tomm (and 5 mm spacers for front) on 40 offset 19x9.5 wheels. I am not sure if this combo actually widens the front track of my car compared to OEM PP.

Also, I have Proactions and GT350R springs on order + alignment planned. If those make a diff to response I will let you know.

I think other than the slop in the rear end, the steering response (slow ratio) is this cars biggest shortcoming. From what I'm hearing both can be addressed, and the response can be improved without changing the rack (there is no solution of the rack anyway).

Matt Farah from smoking tire seemed very happy with the response of some modded S550's he drove. They seemed to have wider fronts and/or spacers and alignment. He seems to care about steering response and brakes from all the videos I've seen of him and he gives a thumbs up to the modded S550's, it means it can be fixed :p.

I can attest to fixing the slop in the rear with the mods I've done. Much more info from the rear and hardly any increase in NVH.
Thanks man.Hope you will get sweet results from those mod!
Sponsored