Sponsored

BMR Toe Link(TR005) and Steeda Camber Arms(555-4123)

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Installed the BMR Toe Links (TR005) Sunday afternoon along with the Steeda Rear Camber Arms (555-4123), both adjustable. Already posted this in my "Build Sheet," but figured I'd post it here as well to give customer feedback for future buyers.

Both were a pretty straight forward install, although I must say the Camber Arms was a tedious install. There's no room for a ratchet when getting to the inner mount bolts of the arms, so I was turning maybe 1/8th of an inch every turn of that with a wrench. The passenger side has enough room for a ratchet though, so that was a breeze. "Install Tip": dab a little grease on the lockout tabs, otherwise they'll just keep falling out of the hole when trying to slide the bolt though. Per the instructions of Steeda, you have to install the bolts reverse of how you pulled them out? I didn't see why, so I just put them in the way I took em out. The BMR toe links were a straight forward install, didn't run into any problems there.

At first, I was hesitant about ordering the Steeda Camber Arms -- I'm the type of person to just stick with one brand, as they work better in sync when all from the same company. The adjustability range is what sold me on the product. But I must say, I'm in love with the beefyness of the Steeda Camber Arms. They certainly are a sight for sore eyes, I also wish they came in red to match all the BMR parts. But I couldn't be any happier nonetheless on the purchase. The BMR toe links are also a beauty, but what more can you expect from BMR! :cheers: Here's some photos comparing them to the OEM ones, wish I could've remembered to weigh them to see if there's a difference.

Pictures of them installed on the car, I adjusted it the best I could by eye. You'll see how I did on the alignment sheet at the bottom haha

Steeda%20Installed_zpsszajxyst.jpg

Steeda%20Installedx2_zpssffegum2.jpg

SteedaBMR%20Installed_zps6aqjanjq.jpg

Here are the final alignment specs, running the stock 18x8" wheels with 235/30 PZero tires -- figured I'd wait on the Enkei RPF1s for the time being and purchase the Corsa Extreme exhaust this summer or spring. I'll replace the stock Perelli's with 255/45 NT555 when the tread starts wearing down more. But for the time being, all the suspension components are done in my build aside from IRS bushings that'll come later down the road.

Alignment._zps94afaam3.jpg

Here's what's on the car for suspension wise so far:
  • BMR (SP083R) Handling Springs
  • BMR (SB043R) Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • BMR (CB005R) IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
  • BMR (TCA047) Aluminium Vertical Links
  • BMR (CP001H) Caster/Camber Plates
  • BMR (TR005R) Adjustable Rear Toe Links
  • Steeda (555-4123) Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
  • KONI Yellow Adjustable Struts; (Front and Rear)
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Killer suspension set-up!

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am thinking of switching to the BMR toe link from the Steeda ones. I like the red color :)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
When you get a chance, I highly suggest grabbing the Ford M-5A460-M Toe Bearing.

AM usually sells it for about $65...and it is a GREAT mod. ;)

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I wonder why my BMR toe links are not boxed on one end like yours. Also for the bolts that came with them, all 4 are long ones

Sponsored

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When you get a chance, I highly suggest grabbing the Ford M-5A460-M Toe Bearing.

AM usually sells it for about $65...and it is a GREAT mod. ;)
I told the girlfriend no more car parts for awhile haha but I'll definitely check it out when I order the exhaust, Kelly!

I wonder why my BMR toe links are not boxed on one end like yours. Also for the bolts that came with them, all 4 are long ones ��

Maybe you got a newer/older batch or vice versa? My package didn't come with nuts for the bolts either, so I went to Home Depot and grabbed a set and used Loctite on them.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=26096]2016s550gt[/MENTION] the gussets were added a few months back. They were just a "running change" we made. We develop and supply parts to other companies and race teams etc - and one of those said companies requested we add them. The non-gusseted design is fine. It has been tested on the worlds fastest road course AND drag race S550 Mustangs, so don't worry my friend. ;)

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Just missing the LCA and toe/knuckle bearing on the build! :thumbsup:

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Does anyone make a tool to R&R the toe knuckle bearings? I've been hesitant to install mine because I hate using those universal ball joint presses.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does anyone make a tool to R&R the toe knuckle bearings? I've been hesitant to install mine because I hate using those universal ball joint presses.
I tried the DIY way and used a ball joint press. It failed because Ford gave out the wrong size and I almost lost a socket. I ended up finding a shop where I can bring the whole LCA to and had the LCA bearing and toe knuckle pressed in.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I used a universal press. Was a pain, but it worked. Ford's socket size was wrong, I just used a larger socket size that happened to be perfect. Universal press will do it, but use some packing tape to tape the cups you line up together so they don't fall apart all the time just when you are getting everything situated.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
[MENTION=26096]2016s550gt[/MENTION] the gussets were added a few months back. They were just a "running change" we made. We develop and supply parts to other companies and race teams etc - and one of those said companies requested we add them. The non-gusseted design is fine. It has been tested on the worlds fastest road course AND drag race S550 Mustangs, so don't worry my friend. ;)
Does it matter which way the "gussets" face? I noticed in OP's pics that they face down so I assume that's correct. I ask because the instructions don't specify and I want to make sure when I install them, they face the right way.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im running the Steeda adjustable arms with BMR toe rods also. One thing I found at install was that the boxed end of the BMR toe rod had to be flared in order to fit over the Ford racing Toe-Knuckle bearing (too narrow in the opening).
I used a bolt with two nuts trapped between the box section to flare it open a little.
I'm sure there's other ways to to do it "nicely".
The result of all that plus LCA bearing is phenomenal.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does it matter which way the "gussets" face? I noticed in OP's pics that they face down so I assume that's correct. I ask because the instructions don't specify and I want to make sure when I install them, they face the right way.
I too would like to know this please.