Sponsored

GT350r spoiler from ebay

Spensar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Anyone have the gt350r spoiler from ebay? I see ikonmotorsports sells one. I heard the ebay ones are flimsy. Anybody have it? $185 is a killer deal but idk if its worth since it is a flimsy one.
Sponsored

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Bump.
I'm interested in this as well. I like the 350r wing but can't drop a ton of money on it. The ikon on can come prepainted so very interested if anyone has purchased one.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I literally just registered (been browsing the forum for a while) to say I am interested in this as well. While the cost of these is a obviously major selling point, I also like the fact that I saw one that said it was no drill needed (if you had a factory spoiler) and came with a piece of plastic that you stick to your trunk (looked sort of like a mini lip spoiler like I currently have) to cover up some of the factory spoiler holes. I would rather just stick a (spoiler color matched) strip over the holes as a temporary patch than do a more in depth hole plug or drill into a new trunk.

MrVu1101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 401A
Iirc the eBay version as well as the one on LMR are ABS plastic replicas.

I gave them a hard pass as I didn't want one of the focal points on my car to be a piece of plastic.

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
I'm not too terribly conserned with the material it's made out of so much as it's appearance and price.

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't even think about them being ABS thanks for pointing that out MrVu. I personally think plastic is fine (especially at the sub $300 price point) as long as it is finished fairly nicely. In my mind its just one material vs another and each has their own opinions. I did get some the MMD rear louvers which are ABS and it does feel a bit flimsy. I'm curious how thick the Ebay wings are because if they actually were shaped in a way that created down force I would be borderline worried about it snapping in half at highway speeds if they were too thin.

I'm hoping someone here has already been a guinea pig on the matter though.

OP
OP
Spensar

Spensar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Someone in a facebook group got the ikon motorsports one from ebay and they said it was pretty good quality. Also the factory holes will be used but in my case I dont have any holes so I have to drill new ones.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I ordered a carbon fiber spoiler off ebay for $200.... Best decision I've ever made!! The finish was amazing and at this point I dont care if it's real carbon fiber or not, it's impeccable..!

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What kind was it? I assume it wasn't a GT350R knockoff (since you didn't specify)? Do you have a picture of it though?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a carbon fiber spoiler off ebay for $200.... Best decision I've ever made!! The finish was amazing and at this point I dont care if it's real carbon fiber or not, it's impeccable..!
Do you have any pics of it? How about a link to the one you got?

Sponsored

MrVu1101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 401A
I didn't even think about them being ABS thanks for pointing that out MrVu. I personally think plastic is fine (especially at the sub $300 price point) as long as it is finished fairly nicely. In my mind its just one material vs another and each has their own opinions. I did get some the MMD rear louvers which are ABS and it does feel a bit flimsy. I'm curious how thick the Ebay wings are because if they actually were shaped in a way that created down force I would be borderline worried about it snapping in half at highway speeds if they were too thin.

I'm hoping someone here has already been a guinea pig on the matter though.

Definitely! Don't get me wrong, if it's the right solution for you, then by no means would I want to dissuade you from a purchase. In my case, I'm currently swapping the front bumper, front valence, rear valence, and side skirts to fiberglass/carbon replacement, so the eBay solution would put back plastic while there is none anywhere else on the exterior. Also, I currently have no holes in my trunk as I got the PP, and I didn't want to marry myself to a plastic solution that requires drilling. I got myself a fiberglass wing instead.

I'd also love to see pics of the wing on a car if anyone in here does decide to pull the trigger!

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
ABS plastic will hold up better than thinly layered fiberglass. Not sure why people are skeptical of it...

S550BlueJay

IG: @S550BlueJay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium
I'm planning on getting it, the $200 eBay one. Have seen multiple people get it and it looked great.

Last edited:

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely! Don't get me wrong, if it's the right solution for you, then by no means would I want to dissuade you from a purchase. In my case, I'm currently swapping the front bumper, front valence, rear valence, and side skirts to fiberglass/carbon replacement, so the eBay solution would put back plastic while there is none anywhere else on the exterior. Also, I currently have no holes in my trunk as I got the PP, and I didn't want to marry myself to a plastic solution that requires drilling. I got myself a fiberglass wing instead.

I'd also love to see pics of the wing on a car if anyone in here does decide to pull the trigger!
MrVu did you find a wing that is stick on only? I have only seen maybe one of those and it was just a lip. Sounds like you have a nice build going. I wasn't planning to swap body panels (except maybe the deck-lid panel), until my warranty was gone/ i had a lot more paint chips. I'll be looking out for some build photos of yours though!

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Bump. How are these! Anyone put them on yet?
Sponsored