Sponsored

HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Henry_Hentzschel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10A
I take a look in a V6 PCM file and yes, V6 engines are not possible to switch from switch to transducer. Onlx EB and GT. sorry

Rcobra427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well guys I did it....

Swapping PP or OEM aux gauges into a standard non performance package mustang is indeed possible. Panels with gauges can be found on ebay for usually $250-350. You will also need a gauge wiring connector.

Once you have gathered all parts you can start the install process. The wiring consists of 4 wires, all of which can be tapped into from the OEM APIM (sync) connector. 2 are power, positive can be tapped into from pin 1 on the APIM connector while ground can be pin 37( for premium owners) or pin 38 (for base model owners). The remaining 2 leads are for HS1 CAN. These can be tapped into from pin 53 for high (pin 53 APIM to pin 2 on connector) and pin 54 for low (pin 54 APIM to pin 3 on connector)

Once the wiring is completed we now need to make room for the gauges in the center of the dash. This will require the use of a Dremel to remove the center panel between the two outermost ac vents. You will also need to trim the center AC vent back about 1 inch to make room for the connector. A picture below has more detailed information. Again do not worry, this will not prevent you from still using standard 3 vent dash panels.

NOTE: Oil pressure gauge will not work on base models. PCM programming and a new sending unit would be required. Unfortunately the PCM cannot be easily programmed and no data exits on what would have to be modified in the programming

Gauge connector part number: 6U2Z-14S411-JB

For those looking for the GT350 Oil Temp gauge, part numbers below.

GT350 Gauges part number: FR3V-10B944-AC

GT350 Dash trim panel part number: FR3V-63044A92-AJSMRJ

So that oil pressure gauge won't work on the base GT's or won't work on the base V6 models because I have a 17 Base GT

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So that oil pressure gauge won't work on the base GT's or won't work on the base V6 models because I have a 17 Base GT
There is a chance the pressure gauge will work on GT's and EB's. We have had some confirmed cases of EB owners activating the pressure gauge by just requesting that their tuner activate them in a revised tune file. V6 owners can get the gauge to work but we get a low oil pressure light that we have yet to figure out how to turn off.

Sponsored

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
X0AYHAM0X can you please advise a way to get in touch with the tuner that was able to bring the oil pressure gauge to life?

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Thank you for your quick reply and I'm sorry, but I'm familiar with the name, is this a shop or person? and is their a way to reach them that you could provide?

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Adam Brunson is a pro tuner for the ecoboost platform but has also tuned GTs.

Your best bet is to reach out to Henry Hentzschel, a tuner in Germany who has successfully done this on the GT. It will likely involve swapping a wire or two in the PCM connector as well as a tune file. Send him a private message, he's at the top of this page (2nd post).

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Thank you very much Keiferson22 I just sent him a PM. I'll see what he comes back with. Thanks again.

Sponsored

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Right so I'm back at it and I'm wiling to sacrifice my PCM in order to get the oil pressure gauge working! :lol:

So I took a look at the PCM connectors views and found the following:
- the PP sending unit can be wired to these pins on the PCM connectors (The connector with 103 pins may be different depending on the engine):

V6 Upper PCM Connector
PCM_4.jpg

Lower PCM Connector
PCM_1.jpg

Lower PCM Connector 2
PCM_5.jpg

as Zack mentioned before...the leads are there and we just need to find the correct place to tap in - I believe this can be done with no "low engine oil pressure" error by wiring correctly and the PP sending unit AND a tune.

I still don't have a PP sending, so if anyone already has it and willing to help then you're welcome!

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I just spent an hour installing the PP sending unit and wiring it to the PCM connector
Pin 1 > 48
Pin 2 > 49
Pin 3 > 34
Flashed the tune and still got an error :(

I give up :(