Sponsored

Cervini Ram Air Hood

KazzMANIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Premium - HEAVILY modified
Thanks guys. Not done yet. Heat extractors need installing and I'm just trying to decide whether I should leave hood as is or blacken the scoop, chrome the scoop, or make the scoop silver. Just can't decide.
[MENTION=20499]mumbles[/MENTION] - the extractors look similar in shape and size but I dont know for certain. Car is in the shop getting supercharger and suspension finished up. I will get it back tomorrow then take a look and let you know for certain.
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
@mumbles - the extractors look similar in shape and size but I dont know for certain. Car is in the shop getting supercharger and suspension finished up. I will get it back tomorrow then take a look and let you know for certain.
Thank you sir, greatly appreciated! Sounds like you are going to have one bad ass S550 when you are done :headbang:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
[MENTION=27870]KazzMANIA[/MENTION]
Overall scheme on your car looks awesome, nice job!
Do the factory heat extractors fit in this hood?
Somebody asked that before and I'm pretty sure the answer is no, they aren't the same. However, I know in the instructions, they do have information on how to transfer the hood turn signals. Since my hood on my 15 EB doesn't have them, I skipped that part. If you go to the Cervini's web site, look at the install instructions, I'm sure it will clear it up.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Any install pictures?

Any clearance issues with the Whipple?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Somebody asked that before and I'm pretty sure the answer is no, they aren't the same. However, I know in the instructions, they do have information on how to transfer the hood turn signals. Since my hood on my 15 EB doesn't have them, I skipped that part. If you go to the Cervini's web site, look at the install instructions, I'm sure it will clear it up.
Yeah, unfortunately they don't fit which I verified with Cervinis... however, you can transfer the turn signals from a '16 model to their louvered vents...

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Quick update for those with both the Cervini's Ram Air hood and Stalker hood. I installed my air diverter on my Stalker hood this past weekend. In typical Cervini's fashion, it fits like a glove and it's pretty thin. I have a Mishimoto coolant expansion tank and the diverter doesn't hit the cap sticking up.

Some potentially really good news for the Ram Air hood owners, it looks like there might be screens as part of the diverter kit for the Ram Air hood. The instruction sheet I got was common for both hoods and it mentions, "install 2 pre-cut screens". The opening of the diverter drops right over my GT350 intake box.
Cervini_Air.jpg

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
It looks like the duct outlet matches the GT350 CAI. I wonder how well it works with other brands.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It looks like the duct outlet matches the GT350 CAI. I wonder how well it works with other brands.
The good news there is doesn't pretty much all of them mount right in the same spot?

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The good news there is doesn't pretty much all of them mount right in the same spot?
I think your correct. If Cervini's ships my hood soon we will know how it matches up to the Stress CAI.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update for those with both the Cervini's Ram Air hood and Stalker hood. I installed my air diverter on my Stalker hood this past weekend. In typical Cervini's fashion, it fits like a glove and it's pretty thin. I have a Mishimoto coolant expansion tank and the diverter doesn't hit the cap sticking up.

Some potentially really good news for the Ram Air hood owners, it looks like there might be screens as part of the diverter kit for the Ram Air hood. The instruction sheet I got was common for both hoods and it mentions, "install 2 pre-cut screens". The opening of the diverter drops right over my GT350 intake box.
Is your hood painted on the underside? Also my hood will be delivered next Tuesday and I will be installing the next saturday. I will update if the ducts have a screen on the ram air.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Is your hood painted on the underside? Also my hood will be delivered next Tuesday and I will be installing the next saturday. I will update if the ducts have a screen on the ram air.
My hood is painted on the underside and I got the air diverter painted as well.

I figure if anyone ever wants to look under the hood, it will be open for a while so they can see the little bitty 4 cylinder and try to spot the tiny turbo!

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn't ask me if I wanted my duct painted. Now you have me hopping it is..

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
They didn't ask me if I wanted my duct painted. Now you have me hopping it is..
It will not be. I took mine to a local shop and had it painted. There wasn't an option when ordering it to have it painted.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered it all at once both sides painted with the inlet (duct). I hop they installed the inlet before shipping.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I ordered it all at once both sides painted with the inlet (duct). I hop they installed the inlet before shipping.
If it hasn't been too long since you ordered it, I'd call them and ask. That's not typically how they do things. They give very clear options on the order page. You select the hood and the option to paint it, separately you select paint option for the vents. The vents don't come installed on the hood, you do that after you get it. I think there are too many options on what you are doing/have with turn signals and all. The air diverter is just a tag on option with no option to paint it. I'm almost sure it will come separately unpainted.

*Edit: You can go to their web site and download the instructions ahead of time. It will give you a good idea of what's ahead.
Sponsored