Sponsored

Is it worth keeping or selling original parts?

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
There is pretty much zero resale value on any of the stock parts. I was able to sell my wheels for about $500. I upgraded to a Roush fascia and sold my stock one to someone that had some bumper damage. Still have the GT grilles that no one will buy. Tried posting everything for dirt cheap and wouldn't move. Just threw most of them away. They were taking up way too much space in my garage.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
There is pretty much no value to stock parts however when you go sell the car, you can swap out your aftermarket stuff to get some money back. Nobody will pay extra for the aftermarket if it's already on the car.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the stock resonator. I replaced it with an h-pipe but later ended up putting the resonator back on when I got a BBK Varitune Axleback. The H-Pipe/Varitune combo was too deep (Drone at 1600-1900 rpm).
I am very confident that the Borla system is going to live up to it's claims. Zero Drone at highway speeds, deeper tone than the ford performance version...can be loud when needed. I watched the Borla video online and was sold by their presentiation...Plus it has the million mile warranty..I cannot see going back to that stock resonator.. will have to see how I am feeling ater the install and hearing it live! ... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is pretty much no value to stock parts however when you go sell the car, you can swap out your aftermarket stuff to get some money back. Nobody will pay extra for the aftermarket if it's already on the car.
that surprises me.. I guess it depends upon who the buyer is... whenever I see another mustang in a parking lot the first thing I do is check out the visual and internal mods.. I'm attracted to it... I don't know if I would pay full resale value for the parts plus the value of the car, but if I were looking at a house and they redid the basement and patio.. I would be more attracted that house and the sale would be easier. I would think someone who knows mustangs would appreciate the add-ons and be at least more inclined to purchase it...Unless of course they are a doit yourselfer and want a blank canvas....LOL just talked myself out of my own argument!...:lol:

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Older bone stock clean cars always sell more than modified in most scenarios.

I kept my stock exhaust propped up against the wall in my garage. If I plan on selling the car i'll put it back on. Sell my Borla Catback.

Selling the car bone stock and parting out aftermarket parts separately will always make the most money back.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Older bone stock clean cars always sell more than modified in most scenarios.

Selling the car bone stock and parting out aftermarket parts separately will always make the most money back.
This.

I have all my stock '15 stuff boxed and tucked away in my shop attic for the reason quoted above alone as of this writing.

However, I have found that once a vehicle is, say, 10 years old that there's a pretty strong market for mint stock parts that are becoming hard to find.

Yet another way to look at it is if you end up keeping a car indefinitely and just want it back to stock someday for show. Way down the road you still have everything and won't have to spend a fortune hunting down parts.

To that last end I bought up a bunch of Ford Racing stuff when I first got my car, and now that they have transitioned in name to Ford Performance some of the stuff is already becoming obsolete; my Ford Racing embroidered floor mats for one. Factory performance parts are gold once they are 20+ years old.....

Last edited:

Augster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Keep the stock resonator. I replaced it with an h-pipe but later ended up putting the resonator back on when I got a BBK Varitune Axleback. The H-Pipe/Varitune combo was too deep (Drone at 1600-1900 rpm).

[MENTION=23730]Jdenkevitz[/MENTION] - I've been thinking about getting an MRT H-pipe since I'm keeping the stock exhaust. PM if you are potentially interested in seller yours. :thumbsup:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Keep the stock parts. Bolt them back on for better trade in value. Then sell old mods to recoup some of their cost and to get a head start on mod money for the next car.
Sponsored