Sponsored

Check Engine Light with Multiple codes

tunasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So couple days ago, I started seeing my Engine light, out of no where. After going through the codes on my nGauge, I saw couple of codes there:

- P0030: H02S Heater Control Circuit

- P2251: O2 Sensor Negative Current Control Circuit/Open

Does anybody know what the specific problem is? I do have a Lund tune, LT headers, Catback Exhaust and CAI.

Model: 2016 Mustang GT (Manual)
Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Sounds like the HO2s (Heated O2 sensor) has gone down. Not sure sure which one that is (left or right) but a replacement should fix it. That should be covered under warranty even if you are tuned and have long tubes. If not, an OEM one is just shy of 100$ and can easily be fixed with some jack stands and an hour of your time.

I had this on my '11 after shorting it out during the install. I think it was due to me clunking it around underneath the car.

EDIT - if you dont wanna deal with the dealership and feel savvy you could crawl underneath the car and swap the left and right. If the code changes to the other side then you know its related to that sensor. Your decision at that pointto take it in, or just buy a new one.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Rat chewed the wiring?

OP
OP

tunasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like the HO2s (Heated O2 sensor) has gone down. Not sure sure which one that is (left or right) but a replacement should fix it. That should be covered under warranty even if you are tuned and have long tubes. If not, an OEM one is just shy of 100$ and can easily be fixed with some jack stands and an hour of your time.

I had this on my '11 after shorting it out during the install. I think it was due to me clunking it around underneath the car.

EDIT - if you dont wanna deal with the dealership and feel savvy you could crawl underneath the car and swap the left and right. If the code changes to the other side then you know its related to that sensor. Your decision at that pointto take it in, or just buy a new one.
Thanks for the info man. The dealership denied to service under the warranty because I have after market LT Headers installed. So I ended up buying a new set of O2 sensors through Ford, which came out around $140 for both left and right sensor.

Now I just gotta swap em out whenever I'm off from work.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Someone had this same issue a few months ago and it was solved with new Ford O2 sensors.
He initially replaced them with Denso, the problem persisted. After much speculating and testing, he went back to Factory sensors, and it was solved.
Sponsored