Sponsored

Check Engine Light- P219B

SSStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just picked up a used 2015 over the weekend, on the drive home (1,700 miles) I got a CEL, after stopping at a auto parts store I scanned it and got code P219B. I reset it.

Came back shortly after.

Just got the car back from the dealership where they did the diagnostic and changed the vapor management valve.

This afternoon after filling it up with gas, the dam CEL came back.

Any thoughts? I was planning on taking it to the dealership again tomorrow.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Bank 2 air mixture imbalance is P219B. Vacuum leak? Dirty fuel injectors?

OP
OP

SSStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So 3 trips to the dealership and they still cant figure it out:/

They have changed out:
Vapor Management valve/ Canister purge valve twice and have give it several multi point inspections.

I pick the car up with no CEL and about 25-30 miles later the light comes on.

Its at the shop now and they are changing the PCV valve and hose. Unfortunately I don't think it will solve the problem but all I can do now is wait.

I have spent the last week in and out of the shop. Super frustrated and not leaving a good impression as my first Ford.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
That's the problem with a used car. You never know what it went through before you. Could've been modified and then put back to stock. Who knows? Hopefully the dealer figures it out for you. I assume it's still under factory warranty. If anything, can you return it?

Good luck.

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Honestly, ford dealers are a hit or miss. Some techs are idiots and all they do is read a book and follow the arrows to where ever it leads them to instead of investigating.

I recommend pay the extra money and take it to a dedicated muscle car shop or performance shop. Good luck dude.

Sponsored

dwroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Prem w/PP
where did you pick it up. looks like they reset the codes knowing they would come back on after you took it. shitty thing to do, but people do it...especially if they are trading it in.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Was there ever a fix?

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
My car started throwing this code shortly after running a 1/2 tank of Turbo Blue. I can clear the code and go anywhere from 10 miles to 100 miles before the CEL comes on with this code. I'm leaning towards and bad O2 sensor but before I spend money on a new one it would be nice to know if this was ever resolved by the OP. I would take mine to the dealer if it didn't have ID1000 injectors or a Whipple :)

-CMY

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this on the Bama common check engine lights:

P219A/P219B – Bank 1 & Bank 2 Air-Fuel Imbalance
These codes commonly appear in 2011+ Mustang’s with Long Tube Headers. Many aftermarket header companies locate the 02 sensors in different locations from the factory or different locations on each side of the motor. Other common issues can be found within the 02 sensor extension harness, PCV system error or leaks (breathers installed on one side or both sides of the engine), exhaust or air intake leaks and ignition system problems. *If you did not request an off-road tune you will need an update.

https://support.bamaperformance.com/hc/en-us/articles/201811715-Common-check-engine-lights

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Do you have longtubes Corey? You may have killed an o2 sensor after running that turbo blue gas.

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have longtubes Corey? You may have killed an o2 sensor after running that turbo blue gas.
No long tubes but some kind of cat delete was put on the car before I bought it. Googling around...this appears that it could be a byproduct of a tune. I data logged the O2s and they didn't seem to be off so not thinking the blue hurt it...and I can't image 5 gals once smoked it.

I just got a txt back from my tuner and he said he can fix that in the tune. So we shall see.

-C

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
If your rear o2's are turned off that could also be a problem since they help keep the fronts calibrated.
Sponsored