Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
Has anyone tried using "v-band" clamps when doing the resonator delete? The fab shop that did a roll cage for me on another car also does lots of exhaust fabrication, including scratch-built headers, and they like using these to make various sections of the systems removable. They suggested installing the flanges on both the resonators and the replacement pipes, so that I can go back and forth at will.

Only issue is that the v-band clamps are usually only available in 2.5" or 3", meaning we'd have to figure out a way to make one of those sizes work for both the resonators and the delete-pipes.

Not sure I'd ever have the need or desire to go back to stock, but this would make it very easy.

I found some in 2,75". I just dont get how you install these. From what I see you have to soldier a flange on both sides and then you clip them together with the clamp? So 4 of these would be needed?

Sponsored

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You would need four clamps and four additional flanges if you plan to interchange between resonated and non-resonated. Very pricey and you would need a good shop capable of welding quite well to install these so that they don't leak.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
There is a member here who plugged two of his tips so the exhaust would always be in quiet mode. That might be a far cheaper option. I don't think he made the plugs. Great for the track then pop them out for street use. I just wish I could find the thread now :(

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Those are FANTASTIC clamps. I broke one on my 2011 GT at the mid pipe and over axle pipe section. Gone one of these, couldn't tell the difference between OEM and this.
R u sure it was a v-band clamp or just a T-bolt clamp? V-band clamps are used for tubing with mating flanges. T-band clamps are awesome and I use them on exhaust may times. I have some installed on my Borla ATAK to secure the heat shield over the x-pipe. I was not happy with the band clamp provided as i could not get it tight enough and could hear them rattle during rpm changes

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Is there any chance you can please post some pictures of your work done so I can show the shop here when I do mine? I have a Track Package and want to remove the resonators and soon as it gets here in a couple of weeks. And while I'm at it, why not give the trans. a little extra cooling. Thanks.

Sorry, it took sooo looong to post the pictures. I lost my phone ! I got very lucky, and it was returned back to me.

Here's what it looks like. Semi wrapped with the muffler armor.
No problems with transmission over heating. At All.
IMG_1312[1].jpg
IMG_1313[1].jpg
IMG_1314[1].jpg
IMG_1316[1].jpg

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Getting mine done this afternoon...after going through posts, is 2.75" the replacement pipes? Anyone go with different size pipes?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
R u sure it was a v-band clamp or just a T-bolt clamp? V-band clamps are used for tubing with mating flanges. T-band clamps are awesome and I use them on exhaust may times. I have some installed on my Borla ATAK to secure the heat shield over the x-pipe. I was not happy with the band clamp provided as i could not get it tight enough and could hear them rattle during rpm changes
Nope, that was the one! Probably could get my order in my email if you were interested.

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT