Sponsored

Corsa Exhaust

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Either way the difference is insignificant and honestly not even worth mentioning.
I agree that the difference is insignificant but feel that any difference is worth noting.

The OEM x-pipe is really not a true x-pipe but rather a stamped piece, and that's not ideal for flow. The Borla is a true x-pipe that maximizes flow and maintains the 2.75" diameter throughout.
The stock X section is actually cast, not stamped.
Sponsored

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Car was picked up last night and was delivered this morning. I should have the car back February 10th. Excited to hear what will hopefully be the final version of Corsa's system!

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
The stock exhaust is onepiece - right? the only connecting point is between cats and xpipe. After the xpipe its onepiece including the mufflers? No clamps or anything to connect the mufflers to the rest of the piping?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The stock exhaust is onepiece - right? the only connecting point is between cats and xpipe. After the xpipe its onepiece including the mufflers? No clamps or anything to connect the mufflers to the rest of the piping?
Correct, correct and correct.

Sponsored

HI_OFFCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got the car back Wednesday night. The system sounds amazing. I shot a video of it starting up in the trailer and being backed off. The car will be parked at a car show all weekend so I will not be able to get any videos until next week.

The system is currently only single mode as Corsa was unable to make quiet-mode noticeably quieter than sport-mode. They said they'd look further into it once the 2018 mustang has been released with the dual-mode system. This is not a big deal for me as I drive it in sport-mode all the time. The system has actuators as well so that drive modes are still available.

Hopefully Corsa gets their video out soon but I will make a video Monday since it's supposed to be beautiful here in Central, Pa.

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I got the car back Wednesday night. The system sounds amazing. I shot a video of it starting up in the trailer and being backed off. The car will be parked at a car show all weekend so I will not be able to get any videos until next week.

The system is currently only single mode as Corsa was unable to make quiet-mode noticeably quieter than sport-mode. They said they'd look further into it once the 2018 mustang has been released with the dual-mode system. This is not a big deal for me as I drive it in sport-mode all the time. The system has actuators as well so that drive modes are still available.

Hopefully Corsa gets their video out soon but I will make a video Monday since it's supposed to be beautiful here in Central, Pa.
Thanks for the update! Any plans to dyno to see if there is any change in peak HP and Torque or changes throughout the rev ranger?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Normal Mode - Corsa mid-pipe

I posted a few short vids of the Corsa mid-pipe in normal mode. I or the car switched to sport mode a couple of times amongst the videos; notations in the videos indicate when the switch occurred.

There is definitely a throatier sound in the normal mode with the Corsa mid-pipe unlike what I previously reported. With the good weather today it allowed me to explore it a bit more with the windows down.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Reactions: CSL

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I don't own a 350, but if the normal mode just made it noticeably quieter at cold start, I'd be happy. Can't wait to hear it!

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
I saw the cold start video on his Instagram and Corsa's Damn it sounds good just at start up. I can tell that it is loud .

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Got the footage needed, just need to find time to edit the footage. Video should be out by the end of the week.
Did they say if they're working on making the dual mode functional or are they giving up and sticking with a single mode? Dual mode is a must for me.
Sponsored