First Time at the track!

SimplyMartin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So went out to a local 1/8 mile track today and completely fell in love with it! Definitely need better tires for the next time I go. Here's my fastest time of the day I am on the right lane and left lane is a stock hellcat. Stock besides roush axleback and ford x pipe. How did I do for first time? Also what kind of suspension would be useful for track days?
IMG_0405.jpg
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Getting out there and practicing is half the battle. You didn't say if you were manual or auto. If manual you didn't do to bad for a first time out. I'd get a set of drag radials or slicks before I worried about suspension.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
You did exactly the same as I did my first time out with just an axleback for mods! Keep at it and itll get even better. I cant wait for the track around here to open back up so I can get back out there.

Matt

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Like the othe guys said, practice, practice, practice! Work on reaction time. You need to get going on third amber. If you wait until you see green you are already behind! Air down rear tires. I take mine down to about 24-25 psi. You don't need some monster burnout, just a little until you see some smoke coming from tires. Have fun! That's the main thing, enjoy yourself!
Sponsored