Sponsored

Suspension upgrades bang for your buck

KWK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
It is winter in Wisconsin and I am getting a little stir crazy. Would like to lower my car and figured it would be a good time to upgrade few other components. I will not be drag racing the car but am interested in autocross/track days someday maybe.

Here is my plan feel free to tell me what has worked and what is a waste of time. if I am missing something let me know.

I have purchased the BMR CB005 Lockout Kit
I plan to purchase the BMR SP080 Performance Springs
I would like to get rid of the hop but i do not want a super harsh ride.
Would either the BK055 LCA Bushings or the TCA045 Vertical Links make a significant impact when I put in the springs and lockout? If you would add either the LCA Bushings or the Vertical Links which would you add and why?

Finally do I really need to add any additional components(caster/camber plates,toe links) when I lower the car? I plan to have an alignment done and would rather not waste money.

Thanks in advance from any help or insight.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
It is winter in Wisconsin and I am getting a little stir crazy. Would like to lower my car and figured it would be a good time to upgrade few other components. I will not be drag racing the car but am interested in autocross/track days someday maybe.

Here is my plan feel free to tell me what has worked and what is a waste of time. if I am missing something let me know.

I have purchased the BMR CB005 Lockout Kit
I plan to purchase the BMR SP080 Performance Springs
I would like to get rid of the hop but i do not want a super harsh ride.
Would either the BK055 LCA Bushings or the TCA045 Vertical Links make a significant impact when I put in the springs and lockout? If you would add either the LCA Bushings or the Vertical Links which would you add and why?

Finally do I really need to add any additional components(caster/camber plates,toe links) when I lower the car? I plan to have an alignment done and would rather not waste money.

Thanks in advance from any help or insight.
I think CB005 and SP080 only are off for a good start! I would hold off on the vert links...they do work, but I believe you need to get the meat and potatoes out of the way first.

I would do the LCA and toe knuckle bearing early just to get other them since they are not easy bolt-ons, require some special equipment, and they do provide significant handling benefits. I would hold off all other components, with the exception of dampers and camber plates (depending on the drop).

You might want to rethink your springs for something stiffer and maybe upgrade dampers...this is from the perspective of someone who has interest in track/autox.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
CB005, excellent choice!
SP080, excellent choice!

TCA045, I suggest these IF you do not want to go through the work involved in the BK055. The TCA045 literally fall into place and can be installed in less than an hour with minimal tools.

BK055, homerun! This part will far outperform (when comparing only the two parts) the TCA045. However, the installation is much much more complex.

Another item, for $59.95 that I highly suggest looking into is the BK051 Poly Diff Lockout Kit. We already have a few hundred people using this kit and they LOVE it.

Here is a good thread on clocking the bushings after the installation of the parts (springs):

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44129

Here is a good read about our BK055 / LCA bearings in general:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36184

And, here is that BK051. This thread has some good info:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71345

Nonetheless, great choices. These are the same components and steps I am taking on my personal 2016 PP car. ;)

Happy Modding!

OP
OP

KWK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Thanks for the feedback. I assumed I could pull the LCA and swap the bearings on a press. Is it that hard to remove the LCA?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Not really, just time consuming that's all.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Sounds like you're on the right track. The IRS in these cars needs the help. My only recommendation beyond this is a good set of coilovers.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I should have been more blunt. If you start adding power you'll find the IRS is in no way prepared. More power, more problems. The more driveline stuff you add the more NVH you'll get. Just the nature of the beast. If you don't mind a little more noise (I dont) you can tighten them up really nicely and make a heavy car car surprisingly agile

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
CB005, excellent choice!
SP080, excellent choice!

TCA045, I suggest these IF you do not want to go through the work involved in the BK055. The TCA045 literally fall into place and can be installed in less than an hour with minimal tools.

BK055, homerun! This part will far outperform (when comparing only the two parts) the TCA045. However, the installation is much much more complex.

Another item, for $59.95 that I highly suggest looking into is the BK051 Poly Diff Lockout Kit. We already have a few hundred people using this kit and they LOVE it.

Here is a good thread on clocking the bushings after the installation of the parts (springs):

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44129

Here is a good read about our BK055 / LCA bearings in general:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36184

And, here is that BK051. This thread has some good info:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71345

Nonetheless, great choices. These are the same components and steps I am taking on my personal 2016 PP car. ;)

Happy Modding!

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], great info on that 2nd link...haven't seen it before! Question, I had ordered my BK051, any idea on when these will be available?
Sponsored