2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 94 - AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > 2015+ Ford Mustang Forum > Limited Edition / Specialty S550 Mustangs > 50 Year Limited Edition Mustang

User Tag List

Old 01-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
SesiomSummers

Drives: 50 LE gt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ford Colombia Lied to Mustang costumers on faked 50th Limited edition...

Hello Guys Im from Bogota Colombiamy father and I bought a 2015 white 50th LE, or at least I though we did, when we bouht the car they claimed It was a 50 LE they even claimed only 1964 being sold world wide it was for my surprise the car was not an LE... Ford Colombia washed their hands Saying nothing... my father got this car because he wanted to have something special after all hes been one of the best doctors Ive seen, always... he wanted a special Mustang to keep it as many years as he could and leave it to me some day, I feel disapointed and betrayed by Ford... and Ill Never gonna get any ford Car in any future...

my father is heart broken and Im really pissed off ....

they keep saying it is a Limited Edition 50th GT... how can I prove them wrong?

Edit: Fixed photos

Photos are taked during Our trip to Santander Region In Colombia (One of the world Largest Caynons in the world)
Attached Images

Last edited by SesiomSummers; 01-11-2017 at 02:48 PM.
SesiomSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
robertwsimpson

Name: Robert
Drives: 2017 GT Convertible
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like a 50th to me.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
SesiomSummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwsimpson View Post
Looks like a 50th to me.
It doesnt have louver windows nor the performance upgrades or the alcantara interior.. an the dash plate ony says 50th aniversary
Old 01-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
robertwsimpson

Name: Robert
Drives: 2017 GT Convertible
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
does it say 50 years on the back?
Old 01-03-2017, 02:04 AM   #5
Bongsu

Drives: 2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Premium
Message the Ford person here with your VIN # and they should be able to help you out.

2016 Shadow Black Ford Mustang Ecoboost | IG: @bongsu5
Why did I trade my GT for an Ecoboost?

Bongsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15' GTPP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SesiomSummers View Post
I feel disapointed and betrayed by Ford... and Ill Never gonna get any ford Car in any future...

my father is heart broken and Im really pissed off ....
As others said reach out to Ford Customer service, and keep in mind Ford and a Ford dealer are not the same entity.
68fbjjz109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
Twin Turbo
M6G Moderator

Name: Paul
Drives: Mustang '05 GT
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Can't see the photos but......performance upgrades? Do you mean it didn't come with the "performance pack"? This was the only way you could get the PP with an auto....
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
kz

Drives: '65 Fastback / '15 GT Premiun
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I can't see the pic either but it might be just a regular '15 with 50 years appearance package. Maybe it was just the wording the dealer there used or maybe it was deliberate.
Ultimate way to tell is to check the VIN - isn't it ? Limited Edition had separate coding on it.
Users thanking this:
Old 01-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
Cobra Jet

Drives: 2016 Fastback Premium EB/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Post up the pics using a better source for your pictures. You can post pics directly here via an upload, rather than relying on some image site that may or may not work. We can't see any of the pics.

There was the genuine 50th Anniversary LE Mustang, which only 1,964 were produced.

Then, there was the 50th Anniversary APPEARANCE Package (975), as documented here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8537

And here documents the many variances between a genuine 50th LE and the 975 50th Appearance package:
http://www.themustangnews.com/conten.../#.WHDwwus8KrU

The two 50th Anniversary vehicles (50th LE vs. 50th 975) are TOTALLY different. The 50th LE had very specific items that were NOT available in the later offered "975" 50th Appearance Package. For instance, 1 extremely unique feature of the true 50th LE is the fact that the rear 1/4 windows are louvered GLASS, which is a feature ONLY unique to the 1,964 models produced. You cannot get that glass from anyone, except Ford - and others have noted in posts on this site that the glass alone is $1,500.00 per side (so $3k for both), and to buy it from Ford, the buyer has to own or have a true LE VIN Registration in their possession.

The true 50th LE will also have a specific LE "50 Years" dash plaque above the glovebox, which contains Bill Ford's signature and the LE Build Number (i.e.: 0001/1964). This plate is NOT available on any other S550 Mustang.

So, when looking to buy a true 50th LE, due diligence in researching the LE features was necessary and those facts are posted all over this site, as well as anywhere within "Google". Is it an instance where you or your father was misled by the Dealer? Possibly - but it also seems (at this early stage in your concern), that being a buyer of such an LE and unique vehicle that your homework on it could have been lacking (no offense intended either).

If or when wanting to buy ANY Limited Edition, Special Edition or Collectible vehicle, regardless of Brand-X, buyers MUST KNOW what they are looking at AND what that vehicle should (or should not) have as far as features, options, int/ext colors, rare or unique parts, etc. Most importantly, many LE/Collectible vehicles with certain rare or limited features will also have a unique VIN number, which in many instances is recorded as such for future collectibility aspects and verification.

Sorry you may not have bought or received what you were expecting, but do read up on the (2) links supplied and compare to your vehicle for reference.

The 1,964 50th LE's sold very quickly and in some instances buyers paid a premium. I'd be surprised if any are left in a Dealer show room or on a dealer lot today (nearly 3 model years later).

I don't know what you have paid for the vehicle you bought, HOWEVER, hopefully the Dealer did not charge you the genuine 50th LE (1,964) premium price for a mass produced car that only has the 50th 975 package... Now THAT would be a scam if the Dealer did that to you.
2016 EB Fastback Premium w/PP, 1994 Cobra coupe SVT #0013

Last edited by Cobra Jet; 01-07-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Cobra Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #10
SesiomSummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jet View Post
Post up the pics using a better source for your pictures. You can post pics directly here via an upload, rather than relying on some image site that may or may not work. We can't see any of the pics.

There was the genuine 50th Anniversary LE Mustang, which only 1,964 were produced.

Then, there was the 50th Anniversary APPEARANCE Package (975), as documented here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8537

And here documents the many variances between a genuine 50th LE and the 975 50th Appearance package:
http://www.themustangnews.com/conten.../#.WHDwwus8KrU

The two 50th Anniversary vehicles (50th LE vs. 50th 975) are TOTALLY different. The 50th LE had very specific items that were NOT available in the later offered "975" 50th Appearance Package. For instance, 1 extremely unique feature of the true 50th LE is the fact that the rear 1/4 windows are louvered GLASS, which is a feature ONLY unique to the 1,964 models produced. You cannot get that glass from anyone, except Ford - and others have noted in posts on this site that the glass alone is $1,500.00 per side (so $3k for both), and to buy it from Ford, the buyer has to own or have a true LE VIN Registration in their possession.

The true 50th LE will also have a specific LE "50 Years" dash plaque above the glovebox, which contains Bill Ford's signature and the LE Build Number (i.e.: 0001/1964). This plate is NOT available on any other S550 Mustang.

So, when looking to buy a true 50th LE, due diligence in researching the LE features was necessary and those facts are posted all over this site, as well as anywhere within "Google". Is it an instance where you or your father was misled by the Dealer? Possibly - but it also seems (at this early stage in your concern), that being a buyer of such an LE and unique vehicle that your homework on it could have been lacking (no offense intended either).

If or when wanting to buy ANY Limited Edition, Special Edition or Collectible vehicle, regardless of Brand-X, buyers MUST KNOW what they are looking at AND what that vehicle should (or should not) have as far as features, options, int/ext colors, rare or unique parts, etc. Most importantly, many LE/Collectible vehicles with certain rare or limited features will also have a unique VIN number, which in many instances is recorded as such for future collectibility aspects and verification.

Sorry you may not have bought or received what you were expecting, but do read up on the (2) links supplied and compare to your vehicle for reference.

The 1,964 50th LE's sold very quickly and in some instances buyers paid a premium. I'd be surprised if any are left in a Dealer show room or on a dealer lot today (nearly 3 model years later).

I don't know what you have paid for the vehicle you bought, HOWEVER, hopefully the Dealer did not charge you the genuine 50th LE (1,964) premium price for a mass produced car that only has the 50th 975 package... Now THAT would be a scam if the Dealer did that to you.
Im afraid we paid full LE price and got an apereance package instead... Ford Colombia say this was the LE available to colombia and ITS NOT the Apereance package
Old 01-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #11
HISSMAN
Large Member

Drives: 2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
can't see pic
Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #12
SesiomSummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HISSMAN View Post
can't see pic
Fixed!

Old 01-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #13
Twin Turbo
M6G Moderator

Name: Paul
Drives: Mustang '05 GT
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Unhappy

Yep, first clue should have been the fact the car is Performance White......the LE was Wimbledon White.

Was there any paperwork with it? Surely that should detail what the car was, or what options on it?
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
SesiomSummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
Yep, first clue should have been the fact the car is Performance White......the LE was Wimbledon White.

Was there any paperwork with it? Surely that should detail what the car was, or what options on it?

Shaker sound, nav screen, wheather floor maps, trunk cover, Exterior Cover anty-thef wheelbolts and everithing you could get as an options minus the PP because it was an automatic ...

at this point we are thinking to sell this car and get a SS 50 year edition... or do a project car like we did on our old WRX and Z28 but with the 2018 new GT coming and the new charger and camaro also coming mostly I think we will end selling this car,

about the paperwork... to be 100% honest this is Something I have to check, because I was living on USA wile my father bought it, I just finished my Bachelor in Game arts and returned to my home Country 3 months ago!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #15
Cobra Jet

Drives: 2016 Fastback Premium EB/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post

First clue SHOULD have been the fact that the dash plaque above the glovebox is not an LE Bill Ford signed or numbered (x,xxx / 1,964) plaque.

Your vehicle is equipped with only the 50th appearance package. Another instant visible give away is the fact that the true 50th LE rims are two-toned and not a solid color as appears on the 50th (975) Appearance Package.

If the Dealer charged you the true 50th LE pricing (posting up your window sticker will help further discussions), then you might have a case for possible fraud, but depending on auto sales laws in Colombia.
2016 EB Fastback Premium w/PP, 1994 Cobra coupe SVT #0013
Cobra Jet is offline   Reply With Quote