Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Gents, the cutoff for getting in on this group buy will be Friday, February 17th so I can have the order placed on Monday. Anyone else who wants in, please comment to get on this list. If you are on this list, please confirm that you're ready to order, or if you need to wait.
I am 100% confirmed!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
[MENTION=23456]statix[/MENTION] - Confirmed
[MENTION=27617]slowr1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24456]jtb4431[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19179]BDMACH1[/MENTION] - Confirmed
[MENTION=26850]bhooray[/MENTION] - Confirmed
[MENTION=16493]Evil Minion[/MENTION] - Confirmed
[MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] - Confirmed
[MENTION=22633]mlevans1[/MENTION] - Confirmed
[MENTION=15578]TheHydro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28720]RVK[/MENTION] - Confirmed

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*** Important update! ***

The sooner we get confirmations, the sooner we can have an ultimate unit. After speaking with [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] and recognizing his skills with Android OS and interfacing it with the S550, I am covering the costs of a unit from the manufacturer to send to him for development and improvements on this order. This means:

- No more Engrish!
- Updated GUI
- Potential for full End-User customization
- Testing 3G Connectivity
- Future support and updates and more.

If it weren't for him and [MENTION=24567]Pablotheartist[/MENTION] I would never have started this venture, and I'm already VERY happy with the unit, and look forward to making it even better.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im in for a black one. Do you still have the local guy willing to swap out the LEDs?
I do have a guy here that can do it, but he's going through a job transition that is likely going to keep him occupied for a reasonable turnaround.

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I do have a guy here that can do it, but he's going through a job transition that is likely going to keep him occupied for a reasonable turnaround.
Did you try an app that can change the notification LEDs by any chance? Just curious to see if maybe they are being control via the unit and we could change them...?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try an app that can change the notification LEDs by any chance? Just curious to see if maybe they are being control via the unit and we could change them...?

They're independent from the unit itself. LED control apps do nothing.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're independent from the unit itself. LED control apps do nothing.
dang it lol. Well, LEDs isn't too much of a big deal. I'll try to make a video tutorial on how to swap them out and how to install the unit. :cheers:

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dang it lol. Well, LEDs isn't too much of a big deal. I'll try to make a video tutorial on how to swap them out and how to install the unit. :cheers:
They're microsoldered SMD LED's (0603 I believe) so that's not something for the faint of heart.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're microsoldered SMD LED's (0603 I believe) so that's not something for the faint of heart.
Lol true. I'll try to list the tools I'll use to swap them out. I used to redo micro soldering on my Xbox360 CPU lol. It's a pain in a** haha. Otherwise I'll try to find another way to maybe put a filter over it or some kinds of trick... Green isn't an issue for me though :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol true. I'll try to list the tools I'll use to swap them out. I used to redo micro soldering on my Xbox360 CPU lol. It's a pain in a** haha. Otherwise I'll try to find another way to maybe put a filter over it or some kinds of trick... Green isn't an issue for me though :D
I am hoping to order a Hot Air Rework station soon, and if that works out, I'll be able to swap them out for people for $5 plus shipping... Just have too many irons in the fire at the moment.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am hoping to order a Hot Air Rework station soon, and if that works out, I'll be able to swap them out for people for $5 plus shipping... Just have too many irons in the fire at the moment.
lol, Hot air stations are the way to go :cheers:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For future references... I found out that the Rockchip "RKPX3" Is known as Rockchip "RK3188" for our unit. I couldn't find the information in any thread but after looking around the files from the firmware update I was able to confirm it is a "RK3188". [MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] It might be useful to add it from the 1st post you made with the pictures... Up to you!

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@bhooray
@Evil Minion
@mlevans1
@ranger11x
@mlevans1
@TheHydro
@RVK
@slowr1
@jtb4431
@BDMACH1

Gents, the cutoff for getting in on this group buy will be Friday, February 17th so I can have the order placed on Monday. Anyone else who wants in, please comment to get on this list. If you are on this list, please confirm that you're ready to order, or if you need to wait.

With the order being 5-10 units, I'm assuming they are still honoring $620 each, and that will cover CONUS shipping directly from them, you won't have to wait for me to ship it to you. If he lowers the cost, I will definitely let everyone know before you send me a PayPal.

I place the order through PayPal, and I get PayPal protection. If you want to DOUBLE your protection, add 4% and choose "Pay For Goods or Services," otherwise, send as Friends/Family/Gift.

[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] is it too late to get in on this group?