Sponsored

Minnesota Members

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Hey guys, I'm in St. Paul and looking at an ecoboost mustang.

Two questions, is anyone running their car through the winter and how is it doing?

Also is anyone with an ecoboost running a tune? The tq gains with just a tune are huge on this car so much so that it sounds like it would be completely different from what I test drove.

If anyone has a tune and would be willing to give me a ride it would really help me with my decision. I also drive a Fiesta ST that you could check out as well. (this is probably a long shot since I'm assuming not many people drive their mustang this time of year :).
Sponsored

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350

Two questions, is anyone running their car through the winter and how is it doing?

Also is anyone with an ecoboost running a tune? The tq gains with just a tune are huge on this car so much so that it sounds like it would be completely different from what I test drove.

If anyone has a tune and would be willing to give me a ride it would really help me with my decision. I also drive a Fiesta ST that you could check out as well. (this is probably a long shot since I'm assuming not many people drive their mustang this time of year :).
I have a GT, but I have driven it nearly every day this winter. The only days I don't are when it's actively snowing. Put it in Snow/Wet mode and drive smart.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Nice, all seasons or snows?
Just all seasons from the factory. They aren't the best for snow or even when it's dry, but when I burn them up I'll get some really nice all seasons or just get another set of wheels with some summer tires and have 2 sets. On my 2011 I had Bridgestone Pole Positions that were stickier than shit.

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Just all seasons from the factory. They aren't the best for snow or even when it's dry, but when I burn them up I'll get some really nice all seasons or just get another set of wheels with some summer tires and have 2 sets. On my 2011 I had Bridgestone Pole Positions that were stickier than shit.
Thanks for the response. That gives me a lot of confidence. If it can do it on all seasons it has to be decent on snows. I'm looking at a track pack so I'd have to have a winter set.

Sponsored

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Thanks for the response. That gives me a lot of confidence. If it can do it on all seasons it has to be decent on snows. I'm looking at a track pack so I'd have to have a winter set.
I've heard people conquering a lot of snow if they have snow tires, shouldn't be a problem at all.

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15

When the weather is nice i no problem giving you a ride in my ecoboost. It has a protune by maperformance downpipe cai catback exhaust it will have the intercooler piping as well as intercooler shortly when map releases the middle of this month.

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
When the weather is nice i no problem giving you a ride in my ecoboost. It has a protune by maperformance downpipe cai catback exhaust it will have the intercooler piping as well as intercooler shortly when map releases the middle of this month.
Hey that would be awesome. Do you have the white ecoboost MAP has been doing a build page for?

Nice weather as in temp. or salt off the roads? Southwest Sunday is doing a cruise this weekend and it's supposed to get up to 40 degrees! [emoji41]

If you or anyone else wants more info let me know. They recently made the FB page private so I have to log in to look stuff up.

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
Hi guys Ed here from Lakeville,order GT prem,PP,recaros in Ruby red from Apple Valley Ford,car should be here in a few weeks,Hoping for some nice weather!

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
70ss my car is the one map is doing I may be out and about this weekend since it's going to be in the 60's if anyone is going to be out and about we should have a little s550 meeting.

Sponsored

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Hi guys Ed here from Lakeville,order GT prem,PP,recaros in Ruby red from Apple Valley Ford,car should be here in a few weeks,Hoping for some nice weather!

Welcome! Weather is definitely fine for driving now...hoping it stays nice for when you get yours. I'm picking mine up Friday! Today has been one of the longest Wednesdays in my memory. :cool:

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Welcome! Weather is definitely fine for driving now...hoping it stays nice for when you get yours. I'm picking mine up Friday! Today has been one of the longest Wednesdays in my memory. :cool:
Congrats!!

Ed I have the same color as you, looks stunning.

I've had mine out all winter and it's been good, got 4500 miles on it. If anyone wants to meet, I'm on the south side of either city during the day (South St Paul and Bloomington).

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
This is cool more and more s550 in our area.

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Hampton so I'm not to far from either of those places.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I'm in Hampton so I'm not to far from either of those places.
Nice I see you have an Ecoboost, what color and options? Any mods?

I drive on 494 from Bloomington to Inver Grove Heights every day.
Sponsored