Sponsored

e85 injectors

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
Since the GT350 pumps are designed to run returnless, is it really necessary to run a return line and regulator? Would just the pump and injector swap suffice? Does the fuel line size make a difference whether or not is return/returnless style? Seems if the stock line is big enough to supply fuel in a return style setup it could also be used returnless and save some time and money. Feel free to correct me if I’m looking at this the wrong way.
Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
You said a 350 pump. Just want to make sure nobody throws a 350 pump in and expects to run e85. :shrug:
Considering the fact that I doubt anyone would buy a 350 pump module just to pull a single pump out to run all by itself...it's pretty self explanatory. They come as a singular module, albeit with 2 pumps. The 350 pump as purchased from Ford runs E85 no problem.

-6 is not worth installing. At least go -8
If you are installing a triple hat with plans to use all three pumps and a larger feed, by all means run a -8 return. If you are sticking with a setup like the 350 pumps, using the stock 3/8 feed line, -6 is fine for those staying in the <850ish arena.

Since the GT350 pumps are designed to run returnless, is it really necessary to run a return line and regulator? Would just the pump and injector swap suffice? Does the fuel line size make a difference whether or not is return/returnless style? Seems if the stock line is big enough to supply fuel in a return style setup it could also be used returnless and save some time and money. Feel free to correct me if I’m looking at this the wrong way.
The 350 pumps are run off of a different logic than the stock GT pumps that references a fuel rail pressure reading. The GT pumps are also internally regulated. The two different styles make them incompatible for just dropping in and going.

I discussed this a bit with Lund and Sai Li when trying to come up with a drop in solution for road racers who get fuel starvation in the GT while using fuels like E85. There was still a need to regulate pressure as there is no way to control the pump output with the GT ECU. That and you would have to run a dual FPDM, new plug, etc. It is just much easier to run the return system, and not much more expensive.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i really like the 1050x or 1300s, they have stainless bodies and will hold up much better, especially if your not daily driving, let me know if we can help at all
Sponsored