Sponsored

Why no per gear tuning except whipple?

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roushcharged gt premium PP
Why aren’t any of the other tuners doing something like Whipple has with their flight control software? It would be nice to dial back first gear especially and a touch of second.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody?

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
I know Lund was working on something like it for a while, not sure if it ever took off. It may have something to do with the tables that can be modified by aftermarket tuners vs tables that can be modified or added entirely by Ford, which is who built the Whipple tune. They have access to litteraly everything and can even create new tables if they want to make things like that work. Not saying at can’t be done with an aftermarket tune, but I think if it could it would have been done by now.

OP
OP

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know Lund was working on something like it for a while, not sure if it ever took off. It may have something to do with the tables that can be modified by aftermarket tuners vs tables that can be modified or added entirely by Ford, which is who built the Whipple tune. They have access to litteraly everything and can even create new tables if they want to make things like that work. Not saying at can’t be done with an aftermarket tune, but I think if it could it would have been done by now.
I wasn’t aware ford built the whipple tune. I would love to see some more advancements in this.

On another note is there anyway to use the whipple software on a tvs or roush setup?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'm pretty sure Ford did not build the Whipple tune. As I understand it, an ex-Ford calibrator built it.

Similar but not the same.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple has cracked the code a little deeper.

Maybe [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] could elaborate.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
it can be done and is quite easy to do so. i guess there isnt a demand for it maybe? i dont know. i have never messed with it much but the tables to do it are there.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
it can be done and is quite easy to do so. i guess there isnt a demand for it maybe? i dont know. i have never messed with it much but the tables to do it are there.
From what I can tell, WHERE Whipple makes the change is not where we assume it is. Pretty sure it is tables added to the BCM.

I have scanned a whipple tune with no limiting and full limiting by gear and see no changes to the expected torque by gear tables.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I can tell, WHERE Whipple makes the change is not where we assume it is. Pretty sure it is tables added to the BCM.

I have scanned a whipple tune with no limiting and full limiting by gear and see no changes to the expected torque by gear tables.

edit miss read

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
assumed you are using HP. do they have the max tq in each gear tables mapped? they are 1X16 tables

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
assumed you are using HP. do they have the max tq in each gear tables mapped? they are 1X16 tables
Yep they have them, and those are the tables that are showing no changes pre and post tweaking with the Flare tool.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Same goes for all the Flare tool changes, nothing shows any changes ANYWHERE in the tune in the parts we can see.

Knock Limiting, CHT Limiting, Rev Limit...none make any changes to the actual tune in the PCM.

This is what leads me to believe either there are entirely different tables they have added to the PCM that cannot be seen or they are making changes to the BCM. But I don't have a great grasp of just what can actually be programmed via the BCM.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Why aren’t any of the other tuners doing something like Whipple has with their flight control software? It would be nice to dial back first gear especially and a touch of second.
The correct solution is a call to BMR and a set of drag radials. ;)

I am kidding... well kinda, but ya. :)

OP
OP

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The correct solution is a call to BMR and a set of drag radials. ;)

I am kidding... well kinda, but ya. :)
It may come to that anyway but I don’t want to limit the handling of the car and even then it would be nice to have a toned down street tire tune and another for drag radials. And BMR is already on my short list.
Sponsored