Sponsored

Whipple Closed Airbox

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I'm also having some trouble understanding assembly of the whipple air box. It has the closed lid design with a huge opening on the driver front / bottom area of the box. It comes with a snorkel which looks like it attaches to or slips over the little snorkel adapter from the factory airbox setup.

But the whipple instructions show that it's supposed to be screwed to the lower airbox but my snorkel looks different than the manual and doesn't have any included screws or screw holes.

It also looks like it's going to get the air box gouged up stuffing it in there. I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures or a video of how to get it in there properly. I've been taking my time tinkering with it each night this week but it's always the unexpected dumb things that slow me down.

Help a brother out!
Sponsored

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I got it in there via a wrestling match with sharp metal edges but - I didn't bolt the snorkel to the box - I simply wedged it in the space between the stock radiator snorkel and the Whipple airbox which did the same thing. It's such a tight fit I have no idea how I'd have gotten them in together. I think the instructions might be old since the plastic pieces weren't predrilled. I found a handful of things in the manual that were different from the kit I received or different sizes, etc, which I guess happens. The kit was a dream to put in overall though - I'm just feeling it out now and topping things off each drive.

I have a few bags of unused bolts - I'm wondering if they gave me stuff for other kits or if their packing lists are wonky with the kit revisions or something. NO CLUE what they would have gone to.

IMG_0676.jpg

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well done. Seems you got the new snorkel adapter which I never got. A few of us made our own fully enclosed air box and used the snorkel but cutting it off of your stock setup.

Don't worry about the extra bolts. They supply their kits to work with all stages so it's completely normal to have the extras.
Sponsored