Sponsored

Anyone try the Gates RPM belt?

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Gates RPM belts come with all Whipple kits.
It didn't come with mine :(

Looking at the price on their website you would think it's the RPM. I did not get the rpm from Whipple but now plan to purchase one.
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I definitely did not get one with mine. Came with the gates centry series or something.
Same here :frusty:, I wonder why since that belt I received only lasted for 10k miles.
It didn't come with mine :(

Looking at the price on their website you would think it's the RPM. I did not get the rpm from Whipple but now plan to purchase one.
Sorry guys!:doh: When I called out to Whipple about mine, I got the impression that all kits were shipped with the RPM belt. Maybe because I have a 10 rib?!?!?:shrug:

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
They are currently having a couple issues with the RPM belt so they are using standard until they resolve. Always working behind the scenes to give us better support and reliability.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I've got an RPM belt on order right now. Switching from my Gates green HD belt. Seems like they're hard to find in the size I need.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'm running the green belt. :shrug:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the rpms is more limited in sizes,

we picked one up a few weeks ago to try, haven't decided if it's better, same, worse

really need to get some consistent weather and spend a day at the track

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone care to share the gates p/n for the PC stage 2 kit with a 4.75" pulley? Would love to have it to see if it's something I can buy locally.

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Anybody have new information on these? Broke a RPM belt this weekend with my paxton but not 100% i'm not the reason it broke.

101" belt (K061010RPM), Paxton tensioner in the middle hole, was all two guys could do to get the belt slid over the factory spring tensioner. Originally had it setup one hole to the left and had belt slip (dust all over the place) then moved it to the middle. When it broke the car missed a shift and hit the limiter in 3rd. Thinking there wasn't enough movement in the spring tensioner it got tight and it broke.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I just broke one at the track 5 min ago. It just snapped. No rubbing or anything. Took my AC belt with it. Definitely will not be using these again. Going to stick with the green

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I just broke one at the track 5 min ago. It just snapped. No rubbing or anything. Took my AC belt with it. Definitely will not be using these again. Going to stick with the green
Ah man that sucks. I haven't had any issues with my green belt yet.

Sponsored

cobra99dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anybody have new information on these? Broke a RPM belt this weekend with my paxton but not 100% i'm not the reason it broke.

101" belt (K061010RPM), Paxton tensioner in the middle hole, was all two guys could do to get the belt slid over the factory spring tensioner. Originally had it setup one hole to the left and had belt slip (dust all over the place) then moved it to the middle. When it broke the car missed a shift and hit the limiter in 3rd. Thinking there wasn't enough movement in the spring tensioner it got tight and it broke.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
Broke one on my Kenne Bell last week on a 1-2 shift. Mine was also very tight and the tensioner was near the limit. I emailed Gates and they said that is the reason it broke. The tensioner needs to be near the middle of the travel since there is no give in these belts. Good news is they are sending me not just one new belt but a couple different sizes for free so that I can get the right amount of travel. I highly recommend emailing their customer service.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Green belt was no match for my Paxton/3.48 and some Mexico trips. 3 60 rolls and it ate a rib.

Threw the stock belt that came with the kit on and it has held up to many more hits and looks just fine. I'd like to get a slightly shorter belt to tune in the tensioner but so far the stock belt in the kit is doing just fine with my 3.33.

Won't be doing another green belt ever, will likely go with an RPM.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Green belt was no match for my Paxton/3.48 and some Mexico trips. 3 60 rolls and it ate a rib.

Threw the stock belt that came with the kit on and it has held up to many more hits and looks just fine. I'd like to get a slightly shorter belt to tune in the tensioner but so far the stock belt in the kit is doing just fine with my 3.33.

Won't be doing another green belt ever, will likely go with an RPM.
I have had the same luck as you with the green belt.

Never seen it really outperform the standard run of the mill gates unit.

HOWEVER we have guys here running 8 rib "RPM" belts on F-1X's and going 8's so far with zero belt failures. (One engineer runs and F1X, the other a D1SC, and another D1SC)

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me like they perform no better than the standard/HD belt... Wish someone would make a belt that helped prevent slip!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Sounds to me like they perform no better than the standard/HD belt... Wish someone would make a belt that helped prevent slip!
"Slip" is a relative term.

99% of the time a belt SLIPS, because the tensioner is max out. (cause the belt stretches) or the person is just running to small of a pulley, for the amount of TQ their tensioner can create.

I think I have proven about that an RPM belt does just fine....
Mid 8-second street car that weighs 3,512 lbs...
And running an F-1X procharger, on an 8 rib belt.

That car above has been through this ENTIRE race season on the same belt. CRAZY awesome in my opinion.
Sponsored