Sponsored

Need answers on gen 3 whipple

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
Ok just a few questions I’m trying to see if this is a move that should be made I’m interested in the gen 3 whipple but if it’s making that much power with just “Stage 2 gen 2 vs gen 3, 93 octane, stock exhaust, 3.625" pulley.” 766rwhp and 588tq how much power would it make with headers and would it be safe without going e85 sounds like that much power on 93 is a ticking time bomb

Whipple or whoever has knowledge on this please feel free to pm me or put it on her
24465740-5BCF-44E5-AAE1-505DDAB768CE.jpeg
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Ok just a few questions I’m trying to see if this is a move that should be made I’m interested in the gen 3 whipple but if it’s making that much power with just “Stage 2 gen 2 vs gen 3, 93 octane, stock exhaust, 3.625" pulley.” 766rwhp and 588tq how much power would it make with headers and would it be safe without going e85 sounds like that much power on 93 is a ticking time bomb

Whipple or whoever has knowledge on this please feel free to pm me or put it on her
The power gain increases as volume is needed, therefore power potential on E85 is still greater than 93 by a large margin. E85 is just very good at making power so its hard to ever talk anyone off that ledge. But, to answer your question, a good set of LT's with cats help about 15-20RWHP and 20-25rwtrq. No cats will help more, 25-30RWHP, 30-35RWTRQ as the PCM will typically add 2-3deg's more timing. Without the timing, and or more boost, the LT's only make a small change as the supercharger/pump is dictating how much airflow is going through the engine.

The difference between these 2 runs isn't time bomb vs no time bomb, the Gen 3 picks up more power by an increase in efficiency, i.e. lower power consumption and lower temps so it free's up power to the flywheel that the crankshaft was already absorbing.

OP
OP
S550jay

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
The power gain increases as volume is needed, therefore power potential on E85 is still greater than 93 by a large margin. E85 is just very good at making power so its hard to ever talk anyone off that ledge. But, to answer your question, a good set of LT's with cats help about 15-20RWHP and 20-25rwtrq. No cats will help more, 25-30RWHP, 30-35RWTRQ as the PCM will typically add 2-3deg's more timing. Without the timing, and or more boost, the LT's only make a small change as the supercharger/pump is dictating how much airflow is going through the engine.

The difference between these 2 runs isn't time bomb vs no time bomb, the Gen 3 picks up more power by an increase in efficiency, i.e. lower power consumption and lower temps so it free's up power to the flywheel that the crankshaft was already absorbing.

Say no more all I really needed was a little clarification I am on board for the new whipple gen 3 when they begin to release thank you for taking the time out to explain it

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
does the whipple supplied tune automatically adjust for the the addition of headers, cat delete etc ? Or is this something that needs to be specified before ordering ? Or maybe a retune is needed if adding after ?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
does the whipple supplied tune automatically adjust for the the addition of headers, cat delete etc ? Or is this something that needs to be specified before ordering ? Or maybe a retune is needed if adding after ?
It can work with high flow cats and LT but it needs O2 foulest to not set codes. Cat delete is not supported. In that case you want to contact PBD or Lund for a custom tune which is offered complete or Competition.

Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
If anyone is interested, give us a call or send over a PM and I'll do my best to get you taken care of!

Matt

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I'm currently running the Stage 2 with stock exhaust and noticed the dyno graph in another thread is a car with the same. I know, I know, exhaust is in the works. My question is what to expect when I do go to 3" catback in regards to the change in back pressure and releasing some of those gases. Stock exhaust manifolds and cats will remain intact. Thanks

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I'm currently running the Stage 2 with stock exhaust and noticed the dyno graph in another thread is a car with the same. I know, I know, exhaust is in the works. My question is what to expect when I do go to 3" catback in regards to the change in back pressure and releasing some of those gases. Stock exhaust manifolds and cats will remain intact. Thanks
Id say dyno before and after and let us know. Id like to see the improvement with no change but catback.

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Id say dyno before and after and let us know. Id like to see the improvement with no change but catback.

That's a good point I'd like to see that difference too. The car was dyno'd at Whipple before I purchased it from my good friend. Before he knew I was taking over ownership he sold the Corsa, otherwise it's in the exact same state as the 727/568. Will drop back in once the new clutch goes in and I'm able to get it dyno'd with stock exhaust

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
That's a good point I'd like to see that difference too. The car was dyno'd at Whipple before I purchased it from my good friend. Before he knew I was taking over ownership he sold the Corsa, otherwise it's in the exact same state as the 727/568. Will drop back in once the new clutch goes in and I'm able to get it dyno'd with stock exhaust
Take off that stock headers and go catless. You'll easily be on the 750s

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Take off that stock headers and go catless. You'll easily be on the 750s

Yeah just not sure I wanna go catless again. The car really doesn't NEED any more power. But of course I say that now, next year I'll probably be trying to up the horsepower and torque LOL

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Yeah just not sure I wanna go catless again. The car really doesn't NEED any more power. But of course I say that now, next year I'll probably be trying to up the horsepower and torque LOL
always need that extra horses. lol

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

You won't see much difference with the 3" catback over the stock one. The real gains are in the headers or offroad setup.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks, Jared

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with Jarred and Dustin.

I am putting my stage 2 on the dyno tomorrow to get baseline Stage 2 with long tubes and cats, auto car numbers to compare to the Stage 3 numbers once the new beauty arrives at my house lol.

The fallacy out there that 3" cat back is needed compared to 2.5", is just not true UNLESS you are making over 1,000 rwhp. You may see 5 hp gain going from 2.5" to 3" but thats a BIG may. Also, the sock connection being 2.25 is not a big deal at all until you hit over 1000 rwhp.
Sponsored