Sponsored

Cortex electronic boost controller

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
yup I ordered it with the 3 port as well.
Sponsored

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I got mine the other day and looked over the unit and software, this thing can do a lot!!
It does a lot more than i really need. Looking at the software it looks pretty complicated and I an no computer guy, too old school. It might not be a complicated as i think.

Will likely sell itand get a simpler one to use!!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I got mine the other day and looked over the unit and software, this thing can do a lot!!
It does a lot more than i really need. Looking at the software it looks pretty complicated and I an no computer guy, too old school. It might not be a complicated as i think.

Will likely sell itand get a simpler one to use!!
If you want boost by gear (or boost by whatever), I believe it's the most inexpensive unit you can get.

If you just want to be able to control boost universally, there's cheaper options for sure.

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, i completely agree. I bought it at the sale price so it was a great deal. I just don't do well with the software side of it and setting it up properly. Cost is not a factor.
I am not sure i would use all the features it has.

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
you gonna be the fastest s550 in ATL? haha

OP
OP
Plimmer

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If anyone needs help getting started, just ask. I can can share my boost by rpm and gear file and then you fine tune for you, instead of starting from scratch.

There is also a vehicle spec file, but that is pretty easy to setup if you follow the instructions posted above.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone needs help getting started, just ask. I can can share my boost by rpm and gear file and then you fine tune for you, instead of starting from scratch.

There is also a vehicle spec file, but that is pretty easy to setup if you follow the instructions posted above.

I can,t even get mine to connect. It tells me the com port selectec is not available. I went through the trouble shoot procedure and still will not connect.

Any Ideas?

OP
OP
Plimmer

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can,t even get mine to connect. It tells me the com port selectec is not available. I went through the trouble shoot procedure and still will not connect.

Any Ideas?
It will only connect when powered on, as in ignition on. Then I have no trouble, sometimes might need to hit the "refresh COM Port List" then try connect.

Sponsored

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will only connect when powered on, as in ignition on. Then I have no trouble, sometimes might need to hit the "refresh COM Port List" then try connect.
Well that answers that, I had it removed and tried to connect to my PC in my office. Guess I need a laptop.

Do you like how it performs?

Thank You

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
I’ll be that guy reviving an OLD thread.... Are you guys using the cortex still happy with it? Any complains or otherwise?

Trying to justify the lower cost of this vs an AMS.

Single turbo gen 3 a10. Looking to do boost by front wheel speed. 99% drag strip car.

OP
OP
Plimmer

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes, still very happy with mine, use it for boost by gear by rpm and it does a great job.

Guys who consider the cortex are usually put off by the install which requires a engine speed signal and an OSS speed signal. Also there are a ton of programming and setup features that can be intimidating at first.

Programming the cortex needs a laptop, but once setup it does a great job and I think its easy to use and understand

Fastime331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT ingot silver
Wanted to make the turbo guys aware of a really cool electronic boost controller made by SIRHC labs. I don't work for the company or know them, I came across them while doing a google search.

https://sirhclabs.com

Anyway I bought one of their controllers and so far I'm really happy with it. I'm using it for gear and rpm based boost control.

Basically it has 3 signal wires, one for rpm, one for vehicle speed and one for throttle or wideband input, I connected mine to throttle angle. Downside is you have to man up and splice these 3 wires into your harness, but good news is after you set up the EBC software you get gear/ rpm and throttle based boost control.

It can drive 2 external devices like a 2nd fuel pump or NOS solenoid, but I haven't gone that far at the moment.

Also you definitely need to read the manual, tons of features you need to know.

Like I said, I don't know these guys, just wanted to share a cool alternative to the traditional boost controllers out there.
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.15.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.15.50 AM.png
I have one and I'm lost as far as setting it up for boost by gear and or speed on my 2015 gt.
I've searched alot for an instructional video and can't seem to find the answers.

Fastime331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT ingot silver
Yes, still very happy with mine, use it for boost by gear by rpm and it does a great job.

Guys who consider the cortex are usually put off by the install which requires a engine speed signal and an OSS speed signal. Also there are a ton of programming and setup features that can be intimidating at first.

Programming the cortex needs a laptop, but once setup it does a great job and I think its easy to use and understand
Man I'd pay you to help me set up mine. Would you be willing to share your base file?
I got a laptop specifically with windows 10 to work with the software and it still doesn't connect with the cortex for some reason.
Sponsored

Last edited: