Sponsored

JLT intake fitment issues

Ffr8dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350. Grabber Blue. White stripes.
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. So much great info on here, never felt the need to post!

Anyway, Having some issues with installing a JLT cai on my Gt350.

First, no matter how I adjust it, the filter is pushed up against the drivers side of the airbox. Its not too bad, but this annoys me.

Next is the vacuum line attachment. The nipple on the JLT is attatched with a section of hose that is too long. This binds up and puts unwanted tension in the vacuum lines. Not impressed. See image below for what Im reffering to regarding the length of the vacuum connection. You can see the vacuum line next to the much too long connection on the JLT. Any advise with getting this ibtake installed properly would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ffr8dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fitment of this intake is trash. spent another 40 minutes messing with it. Back to stock for me until the aftermarket steps up thier game. Ive put intakes on all sorts of vehicles and this intake by far was the lowest quality, poorest fitting, I have ever dealt with. good riddance!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Remove the large blue tube on the left side of the picture and replace that with the stock piece removed from the location. It should fit fine then.

Why did you want to go with the JLT to begin with?

OP
OP

Ffr8dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question. It seemed like a good choice, I liked the color matching, They were the first to the market for a Gt350 intake, it came with a performance pack from Lethal... I dunno. Lesson learned.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Joking aside, I understand, and the color match is cool. But that being said the performance gain from the tube itself will likely be negligible in the real world, and I imagine the project will become more of a personal decision of how much you're willing to work with it in order to have that color matched piece. I have no experience with the JLT, but I do recall seeing other people commenting on how fitting it means things get squeezed and pushed around, especially when the hood closes.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Agreed with Demonic. The colour match is cool if you have a unique colour, but that's about it. You could probably spend close to or less taking your CAI tube to a paint shop and have them do it perhaps.

Akk I did was get a Airraid blue filter and called i a day. It has been noted that the JLT and other CAI kits net very little..like 1~2 HP over the stock if that.
Sponsored