Sponsored

Pretty sure I wanna stay black

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've got the black PP wheels on my car and, against the Magnetic body, I think the contrast looks perfect. I've been paging through the thousands of pics in the wheel pic thread and the nickel/chrome and other colors just aren't doing it for me. Over the 8 months I've owned the car my taste really hasn't changed.

I will say it's a pain in the ass to clean all of the spaces/spokes with how spider-web the design is. So maybe I'll go with something simpler.

But in the spring I'll be ordering new rims to square off the setup so I can rotate the tires. Has anyone done the same with black rims? What rims/size did you go with? Is cleaning any easier than the PP wheels?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
I've got the black PP wheels on my car and, against the Magnetic body, I think the contrast looks perfect. I've been paging through the thousands of pics in the wheel pic thread and the nickel/chrome and other colors just aren't doing it for me. Over the 8 months I've owned the car my taste really hasn't changed.

I will say it's a pain in the ass to clean all of the spaces/spokes with how spider-web the design is. So maybe I'll go with something simpler.

But in the spring I'll be ordering new rims to square off the setup so I can rotate the tires. Has anyone done the same with black rims? What rims/size did you go with? Is cleaning any easier than the PP wheels?

Thanks!
Contact Paul (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=27078). He will get you set up and provide any info you may need. I'm switching out my PP black wheels and ordered a set from him. And I stuck with black as well. Got an amazing deal (cheaper than what I was about to pay American Muscle for crappier wheels!).

There are a lot of options for a square set up. A popular one is 275/40/19 all around since that's what you're already running in the rear.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contact Paul (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=27078). He will get you set up and provide any info you may need. I'm switching out my PP black wheels and ordered a set from him. And I stuck with black as well. Got an amazing deal (cheaper than what I was about to pay American Muscle for crappier wheels!).

There are a lot of options for a square set up. A popular one is 275/40/19 all around since that's what you're already running in the rear.
Would I need spacers up front?
Thanks

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
N4SM has some Project6gr 7-spoke (and 5-spoke) deep concave 19x10 square setups that work really well with 285/35-19 tires. Probably 1/3 the work to clean vs the PP wheels, no spacers required.

I still smile every time I walk back to my car and get compliments all the time on the wheels.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
N4SM has some Project6gr 7-spoke (and 5-spoke) deep concave 19x10 square setups that work really well with 285/35-19 tires. Probably 1/3 the work to clean vs the PP wheels, no spacers required.

I still smile every time I walk back to my car and get compliments all the time on the wheels.
Thanks Brotha!

Yes the Project 6GR wheels would be 70% easier to clean.
Direct fitment / flush to fenders and no hub rings needed.

Project 6GR is also having a Black Friday special best time to get some wheels! :headbang:

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
[MENTION=20357]Emt1581[/MENTION] you have multiple choices, what matters is finding the wheel that will fit you best, style finish (black) and price point.

I got the hookup on all of it and would be more then happy to help you out.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20357]Emt1581[/MENTION] you have multiple choices, what matters is finding the wheel that will fit you best, style finish (black) and price point.

I got the hookup on all of it and would be more then happy to help you out.
That makes sense. Let me do some looking around on your site and I'll get back to you if I need help. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
$600 a set??...And I even like the look.

Now what spacers did you go with, specifically? Thanks for sharing!

Not 100% sure I'll buy them but it sure is tempting. Thanks again!
No spacers. They fit great. A 5 mm spacer in the front would make the front near flush, but I like that I don't kick up rocks on the rear quarter. It's just far enough in to do that, but enough out compared to stock that it looks great.
0725171751.jpg
IMG_20170417_120913_.jpg

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No spacers. They fit great. A 5 mm spacer in the front would make the front near flush, but I like that I don't kick up rocks on the rear quarter. It's just far enough in to do that, but enough out compared to stock that it looks great.
Wait...so ordering these....$540 shipped with the discount code...means I just need rubber and I'll have a squared setup? That's awesome!!

Of course one alternative that might...might...be cheaper is to just order to more front PP wheels for the rear...or rears for the front (I forget).

Still, to have a slightly easier to clean, nice looking set, the SVE's seem like a bargain.

EDIT: One thing I notice is that you don't have the Brembo's/Perf. Pack....will these still clear the calipers up front and fit all around?

Thanks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...so ordering these....$540 shipped with the discount code...means I just need rubber and I'll have a squared setup? That's awesome!!

Of course one alternative that might...might...be cheaper is to just order to more front PP wheels for the rear...or rears for the front (I forget).

Still, to have a slightly easier to clean, nice looking set, the SVE's seem like a bargain.

EDIT: One thing I notice is that you don't have the Brembo's/Perf. Pack....will these still clear the calipers up front and fit all around?

Thanks
You'd want to do PP rears on the front. Minimum of a 5 mm spacer is required to make that fit. Then you have four wheels that are each 6 lbs heavier than these for the same width and diameter. To get the offset that looks great and adds some feel to the steering, you'd need 25 mm spacers all around, or the 25/23 motorsports tech ones. 20 mm won't fit, the studs hit the wheel pockets in between the lug holes.

They do clear the brembos. :thumbsup: