Sponsored

Anyone with 285 square setup on daily driver?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
If so ... any issues compared to stock? Any problems with handling, tracking straight, or tramlining (following ruts in the road)? Change in steering weight/feel?
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i ran 19x9.5 sve drifts. with a 275/35 square on my old mustang and it handled great was lowered on cj springs and had my alignment done to track specs. just 0 toe and like -1.8 rear camber front they got into reg spec.. and she handled really good.

was a improvement in every way compared to stock.next spring think im going back to square if i can get a rear set of pp rims for the front and use a 5mm spacer

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
If so ... any issues compared to stock? Any problems with handling, tracking straight, or tramlining (following ruts in the road)? Change in steering weight/feel?
Following for answers as I'm planning on going to this exact setup in a couple weeks. 19x10.5 and 285/35-19 MP4S.

I'm hoping it doesn't affect my car too much but common sense says it will. I bought my car with Eibach prokit springs on it and I changed them to Sportlines. That change alone caused my car to follow the ruts much more so than before with the exact same wheel and tire setup.

I did the alignment myself and was able to get it within factory specs. I'm not sure what the alignment readings were before I installed the new springs.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
yeah that's not so much the rim and tire set up as it is with the sportlines.. youll prob need some camber plates and some other stuff to get it to stop doing that.. with them springs.

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
yeah that's not so much the rim and tire set up as it is with the sportlines.. youll prob need some camber plates and some other stuff to get it to stop doing that.. with them springs
I'm within factory alignment specs without plates or bolts. I guess it's just the geometry change.

That's good to know that new (wider) tires shouldn't affect it too much worse.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
damn ya got them in spec i had a bitch of a time with my other car and sportlines i had to get lca for the front and all..but that was also a dodge so lol

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
damn ya got them in spec i had a bitch of a time with my other car and sportlines i had to get lca for the front and all..but that was also a dodge so lol
The fronts were easy to get in spec. The hard part was the rear camber. When I say "got them in spec" I mean barely, like right on the line. But I'm ok with a little extra rear camber.

Speaking to that, I wonder if pushing the front toe more neutral would help in my case and also when going to a wider front tire?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
that might help.. i know my guy set mine to 0 then took it for a ride and said he was happy with that .. and he's been doing alignments for like 20 yrs from track cars to comp auto x cars so i trust his ass lol

Horde5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The Warchief
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've running 285/35/19 on a 19x10 square setup for about a year. Haven't had any problems or strange behavior.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, there are a whole lot of us on 19x10 wheels with 285 tires. Its a popular setup.

No issues with tramlining or any other handling defects, just good looks and improved handling. FWIW, low speed steering (parking lot speeds) feels slightly different but that's about all I notice.

Over a some thousands of miles, may get a few more rock chips on your rear panels behind the door, since the front tires do stick out a bit farther than the narrow factory tires.

Sponsored

blckoutGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've running 285/35/19 on a 19x10 square setup for about a year. Haven't had any problems or strange behavior.

I'm looking at going with this exact setup.

did you do any offset?

How do the front's feel? Any rubbing at full turn?

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i ran 19x9.5 sve drifts. with a 275/35 square on my old mustang and it handled great was lowered on cj springs and had my alignment done to track specs. just 0 toe and like -1.8 rear camber front they got into reg spec.. and she handled really good.

was a improvement in every way compared to stock.next spring think im going back to square if i can get a rear set of pp rims for the front and use a 5mm spacer
I have exactly this setup. 19X9.5 all around with 275/35R19. It's great.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yes running 285 35 19x10.5s all around. Great setup for our cars and no issues.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Mine only tramlines on exceptionally rough roads, and even then it's only minor. I absolutely love it
Sponsored