Sponsored

Continental Extreme Contact Sport Review

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
I know there’s a huge debate between these and various other UHP summer tires, especially the MPSS and new MP4S. I made this video in reply to a thread in the forced induction section but thought I would post it here as well. Obviously this is only my opinion under real world conditions. The tires currently have approximately 5-10k miles on them.

This is my first time making a video with any commentary. Also, it’s very one dimensional (dry straight line traction) but hopefully someone finds it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4zV1GYviqEs

(Embedding isn’t working for me for some reason. Please feel free to fix it if you can.)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Much obliged.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the review

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Username checks out :thumbsup: :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to make up a review! They look to perform pretty good. I wonder how they compare to the MP4S.

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
I have these tires on a Porsche 981S with about 4K on them now. Strictly for the street, but have done some aggressive driving through some of the local twisties.
Way better than the PZeros that came on the car--lower noise, better ride, seem a bit stickier at lower temps. Sidewall not as stiff, which reduces steering response just a bit but not bad at all. They flat spot a bit if not driven for a while but not as bad now compared to when new and it clears up after 5-10 miles. Had to drive on them to a dealer with temps in the 30's and had no issues.
BTW, they re phenomenal in the wet--probably the best handling in the wet of any tire I've owned.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Username checks out :thumbsup: :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to make up a review! They look to perform pretty good. I wonder how they compare to the MP4S.
That’s been my username since joining my first forum! If you look at my YouTube page you’ll see lots of it going on. Lol

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Great review. Are you still using 3.73’s?

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Yes, still on the stock 3.73 Torsen.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
I just ordered these at 285/35R19 on 19x10 SVE GT7 wheels. Looking forward for them to arrive. I am still on PP tires. There is almost nothing left after my last track day. I needed a tire for both street and track. These seems like a good alternative to michelin's offerings.

Sponsored

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I just ordered these at 285/35R19 on 19x10 SVE GT7 wheels. Looking forward for them to arrive. I am still on PP tires. There is almost nothing left after my last track day. I needed a tire for both street and track. These seems like a good alternative to michelin's offerings.
Just took these off and went to MPS4S for DD/track day tires ha.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Just took these off and went to MPS4S for DD/track day tires ha.
How do they compare now that you have driven them both? What were the reasons for switching? Once I wear the contis, I might try michelins.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
How do they compare now that you have driven them both? What were the reasons for switching? Once I wear the contis, I might try michelins.
Only have a week on the miches so far but next track day is 6/29. Should have more info then as I've run 3 days on that track with the contis this year. Big fan of the contis for DD duty.

Got the contis initially bc they were 3/4 the price of the miches. Was looking for a 300 TW UHP tire that could DD and be tracked occasionally. Caught a nail in the contis a few weeks ago and had to seal it on the fly with foam. To dismount, patch, and clean up some unrelated rash on the wheels I was looking at new wheel pricing and the tires are at about 60% tread... so I jumped ship and got a fresh set of wheels and tires to see if the grass is greener on the miches side.

My selection criteria changed a little since tire shopping last time. I now want a UHP that can handle 10 track days per year. Time will tell if that's realistic for a DD tire or if a separate set of track wheels/tires will be a better option.

Good luck wearing out the contis, I have ~20k plus 3 track days on mine and they still look new. They wear like iron and are great in the rain.

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Nice video. I found the Continental Extreme Contact Sports to be a huge improvement over the stock PP tires that came with my Ecoboost. Lots of traction now. Only have about 2K miles on them so far. Mine are 285/35ZR19's all around.
Sponsored