Sponsored

Curiosity: How Many GT350 Owners Own Raptors!

OP
OP

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor Lead Foot/ 2018 GT350 Shadow Blac
Picked it up tonight! I really like it so far! Drives pretty amazing on the street now to find some time to take it off road!!!!
Sponsored

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I had/have the 2011 6.2.
I got the 2017 AG screw, had to go out of state and 5k over for that. Got the 2017 350 RR and paid msrp, out of state.

LOVE my Raptor. Polly more than I love my Shelby.
Raptor is the only truck I'd have, Shelby isn't the only...

OP
OP

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Video of first impressions, will post walk around video soon, will do more videos also! Plus one on the GT350!

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
beautiful, congrats!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Then you should have just said that instead of throwing shade on people who did buy a Raptor but have no intentions of off-road racing it. I’d say far more Raptor owners take their trucks off-road then GT350R owners put theirs on a track. By a HUGE margin.
WTF is shade?? Lol reread and quit twisting words.:cheers:

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
WTF is shade?? Lol reread and quit twisting words.:cheers:
If you have to ask, you wouldn’t understand. And after reading your original post again, I still hold the same opinion that you look down on people who buy Raptors without the intent to off-road them.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
If you have to ask, you wouldn’t understand. And after reading your original post again, I still hold the same opinion that you look down on people who buy Raptors without the intent to off-road them.
FAKE NEWS!!! Move along.....:crazy:

Last edited:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I will say that I've received several comments from women about my Raptor, and zero from them with my GT350. So am I using my Raptor as intended...;)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I will say that I've received several comments from women about my Raptor, and zero from them with my GT350. So am I using my Raptor as intended...;)
Think we have you beat!
hooters-girls-160th.jpg

OP
OP

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it corny to get the license play to say Veloci?

My wife thought of it!

The Shelby will say VUDOOOO

Sponsored

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
I just ordered my 2018 Raptor. Pretty much all the options besides the stickers in magnetic. Paid dealer invoice for it. It will look great next to my 4k over sticker R and balance out the price gouging lol!

OP
OP

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered my 2018 Raptor. Pretty much all the options besides the stickers in magnetic. Paid dealer invoice for it. It will look great next to my 4k over sticker R and balance out the price gouging lol!
Wow, thats great, I got both at sticker. They would have sold me a GT350R is they would have had one allotted to them :( I still would have needed to go with the GT350 versus the R, as I like having backseats! Once the kiddos are all grown up I can get a toy like that just for the track!

Here is a video I made today of my exterior on the Lead Foot in case you want some teasers until yours comes in!!!!

[ame]

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I had a '17. I wasn't crazy about it. I'll probably buy the ranger raptor and a bronco...see how i like those.

I don't like the weight of the Raptor. With it being that heavy it needs 650 Hp/Torque. What upset me more than anything are things I could have changed. I didn't like the pesky stuff like, stop start, when I set my damn heated steering wheel on, I want to shut if off, not to default to off every time I turn off the truck. That was stupid. Winters here aren't one day cold and the next hot. The thing that troubled me most about the truck were the brakes, they were absolutely shitty. Other than that, I like it.
Notice I didn't say anything about the exhaust. That didn't bother me at all.
I traded it in on an explorer sport. Has none of the issues that the truck had. Brakes are excellent. No heated seats or wheel defaulting to off. No stop start... problem is I want another truck so I'm waiting for the ranger raptor.
I have a 17 raptor and 17 gt350R. Agree with most of above, need the raptor for kids and luggage and snowmobile hauling but it has some faults. Brakes suck, radio is not great but far better than r. Wish both cars retained the driving mode/settings I left them in after restart. Like I ever want the R exhaust in quiet, let alone having to toggle sport every single time.

But, value for money both are great! Raptor drives great and has fantastic charisma and fun. I think the tranny and enigine put power down very well for the weight. The interior has tons of space and is very comfortable and well layed out.

GFoxHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 w/Recaro, Black stripes, stock
I own a 2011 Raptor,bought new. Just picked up my first mustang, a magnetic GT350. Love the Raptor. Hope to feel the same about the GT.

GFoxHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 w/Recaro, Black stripes, stock
I have a Gen1 2012 Raptor and a 2017 GT350R. I won't and haven't ever considered selling the Raptor. I plan on having it for as long as I am around. When I lived in San Diego I used to take it out to Ocotillo Wells and run with the Raptor crowd out there. It was the best! I have to admit, I enjoyed blasting down the washouts at 70 miles in the sand more than I did at driving the regular GT350s at Track Attack. I get tons of looks in the GT350R, but always got tons of looks and compliments on the Raptor. Here is something that I noticed...I get more looks from the ladies in the Raptor and essentially zero looks from ladies in the GT350R. Both men and boys love the GT350R.

FYI, I won't be upgrading to the Gen2 Raptor. I'm a naturally aspirated 6.2 8 cyl purist. Sorry. The exhaust sound with my MBRP muffler is CRAZY!
I am with you. I have a 2011 Raptors and a 2017 GR350. Love them both. Plan on driving them till they rust away
Sponsored