Sponsored

Curiosity: How Many GT350 Owners Own Raptors!

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor Lead Foot/ 2018 GT350 Shadow Blac
So, not sure if this topic has been taken up, I imagine it has and someone will direct me to the search box. Either way, figured I'd ask and I did search some!

My daily is currently a 2017 F250 SD Platinum Diesel, I love it, but don't utilize the need for it as much as I would like to. Only heavy stuff I pull is my farm tractor, and it's only 8K including my trailer, and that is only maybe 5-6 times per year. I've been patiently awaiting for my 2018 Shelby to arrive and she is coming in two weeks. My brother in law "total Ford nut" said the other day, "Wouldn't it be nice to pull your Shelby with a Raptor?" I now have been actually considering it!

Who else here has a Raptor and what are your thoughts? Who has a 17 or 18 with the 10 speed? I did drive one the other day and thought how absurd it is to have a truck like that, but isn't that the point?

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
My 17 Raptor is my DD. Had a 14 before it. Aside from the exhaust sound I absolutely love it

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
My neighbor has a 1st gen Raptor and he LOVES it. His daily is an SVT Focus with a Jackson racing supercharger though. In the winter he dailies the Raptor and uses that as his weekend fun truck. My dad has an F250 with the 6.2L the Raptors is based on, he loves his truck also. I wish the 6.2 would fit in a Mustang, that would make for a fun car.

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
My daily is currently a 2017 F250 SD Platinum Diesel, I love it, but don't utilize the need for it as much as I would like to.
It is not quite the same thing, but I have a 2015 Ram Rebel.

I actually like the truck just fine, but the need I had for it (when I bought it) is nonexistent now, and I have a Jeep for off-roading. Throw in the fact that the Jeep is just more fun to drive, and I am likely going to sell the truck before getting the 350.

NYC350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R,2011Raptor Supercharged,2018 Raptor , 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
My DD is 2018 Raptor and also 2011 SVT Raptor supercharged with upgraded suspension .for weekend and off-road fun.

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I traded in my 2014 Raptor for my GT350. I really liked the Raptor but I love the Shelby.

OP
OP

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor Lead Foot/ 2018 GT350 Shadow Blac
Will add before I bought my Super Duty I had a 2015 F150 Platinum and loved it! The SD just is too much to DD, it’s a tank! Don’t get me wrong lots of power and kind of fun, just too much! I do utilize actually having a truck as I do my own lawn care for my various properties, so during the summer I pull a utility trailer at least once per week. I have tonight to sleep on it. To make the deal sweeter my commercial fleet guy I deal with is willing to sell me one at sticker when all other dealers around me are adding at least $2500-$5000. I guess I’m getting Lucky getting a Raptor and a Shelby at sticker!!!!

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I have a '17 Raptor and is my DD. It's the best truck I've had yet. Plenty of power and the transmission is great.

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Too funny, I have a 2017 GT350 and a 2016 F-150 KR Fx4 with all the goodies. I really like the KR but my neighbor said last week what a neat thing it would be to have a Raptor and Shelby...got me to thinking. I called my GT350 dealer and pretty sure he'd do MSRP for a 2018 Raptor for me...seriously considering it, but I really like my KR, have upgraded the speakers and factory sub among other mods...it's Shadow Black with the Caribou lower trim and the KR Caribou wheels...I had to search all over SoCal and Central Valley to find this particular combination...not sure I'm ready to trade it yet...decisions...decisions...

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I had a '17. I wasn't crazy about it. I'll probably buy the ranger raptor and a bronco...see how i like those.

I don't like the weight of the Raptor. With it being that heavy it needs 650 Hp/Torque. What upset me more than anything are things I could have changed. I didn't like the pesky stuff like, stop start, when I set my damn heated steering wheel on, I want to shut if off, not to default to off every time I turn off the truck. That was stupid. Winters here aren't one day cold and the next hot. The thing that troubled me most about the truck were the brakes, they were absolutely shitty. Other than that, I like it.
Notice I didn't say anything about the exhaust. That didn't bother me at all.
I traded it in on an explorer sport. Has none of the issues that the truck had. Brakes are excellent. No heated seats or wheel defaulting to off. No stop start... problem is I want another truck so I'm waiting for the ranger raptor.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I like the Raptor a lot. I don't dd it, but I drive it here and there during the week and do weekend trips with it. It's a terrific road trip vehicle...super comfy on road and then, wherever you are, you have that amazing off-road capability. I dig the powertrain in it.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Whats more interesting is that most here that have a Raptor are not using it for what it was intended. This is the reason I have not purchased one.
Sponsored