BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
I like the look of the BMR's but why the big difference in price? It's double!

I did notice that they have the 2 point chassis brace and it's the same price as the steeda brace. But you can get it in red or black.

I'll save the $$$ and get the Steeda for the jacking rails. But may try the BMR for the chassis brace??
Sponsored

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I ordered the Steeda 2-point brace and the jacking rails. The price with free shipping was a big reason why I went with them instead of BMR. I've used BMR in the past and have no concerns with their products or service.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I was just looking at the mods you are doing! LOL.

I've done a couple of things so far. Mostly Detailing the crap out of the car, clear bra the front end, tint on the windows and installing diode dynamics lighting in the car. (side markers, reverse light, switchback turn signals and the all the interior lighting. Huge improvement of the stock lighting. Absolutely love the turn signals. But talk about a Bitch to install. Cut my fingers so badly trying to install those. But well worth it after it was all done. Just make sure you have some band aids handy afterwords. LOL!

Now on to the bigger Mods.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Like discounts! You have a code or should I just give you a call on Monday?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I actually like the beefier build of the BMR units. Willing to spend a little extra and give up a few lbs for the overall design.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
When it comes to BMR vs. Steeda jack rails, I think it's a question of sufficiency. The Steedas are sufficient; they get the job done completely. Are the BMR's "better"? Well, they're more robust, and longer, and being level with the ground is a feature that has value for some. All this comes with the downside of weight and cost.

My $0.02: you really can't go wrong with either. They're quality products that are well supported by forum sponsors. FWIW, I have the Steedas.

The most important thing is that you get jack rails from somebody. They really make working on the car vastly easier and more fun.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Where are you guys putting the jack stands?

I have the original Steeda rails which are great for jacking up the car but my stands have a narrow top I guess and the rail doesn't really seat into the jack stand top so I now place the stands at the pinch welds.

Is it just my stands or have others noticed this? Do the BMR rails fully "cup" into the jack stand?
I have the Steeda Rails just for convenience of lifting and removing wheels when needed because I have a lift in my garage for working under the car. Sounds like most with Steeda Rails who actually need to work under the car put jack stands at the pinch welds, which are perfectly strong to hold the car indefinitely, just tricky without rails because if your jack is at the pinch weld then nowhere to put the jack stand.

Used the rails recently to install diode dynamics LED switchback lights up front, which look amazing. Easy install if remove the front wheels first especially if have coolers on both sides (lifting jacking rail in the middle with a jack).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the feedback ... some great reviews on the Steeda rails!

TJ

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
those look good
Yeah, not sure why more info isn't out there on the J&M rails. Seem to fall between BMR and Steeda in price, but more in line with BMR on length. [MENTION=12802]Hotpart.com[/MENTION] may be able to shed more light.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have the Steeda rails and they are a good quality piece. IMO the car is a bit of a PITA to get in the air, so I'm glad I bought them. I think they are well worth it.

OP
OP
JCSIX13

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Also, for members on the fence, we also offer a forum discount too ... win - win.

The Steeda Jacking Rails have been one of our hottest sellers since we released them & extended them to the S197 - Focus ST & Focus RS - all very popular.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-ultra-lite-chassis-jacking-rails-15-16-all-555-5205.html

Send me an email at [email protected] if I can help with your order!

Best Regards,

TJ

TJ can you PM me the forum discount code.

Thanks
Sponsored