Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That looks cool. Gonna add that to my potential list of mods. Thanks for the link!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Going to be one of those things that needs to be proven beyond a doubt.

So the air suspension company is going to improve on the OEM track settings for the 350? meh.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I believe the R was probably tuned to as close to no compromise as possible when running in track mode. I doubt they would leave their flagship track car with time on the table just from suspension tuning.

With that said, I'm eager to be proven wrong.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
$1,290 worth of increased performance? Will believe it when I see it.
Lets ask [MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] to be the forum Guinea :D

:clap2:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I could go for a randy pobst / Head 2 Head type lap test. Run two stock 350's on hot laps at the track. Same day, same tire, one with the tuning and one without. See if an actual difference is made.

Short of that I think it will be hard to convince people of the benefit.

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I know on the C7 corvettes and GT3 rs it good for 1-2 seconds

Sponsored
OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Going to be one of those things that needs to be proven beyond a doubt.

So the air suspension company is going to improve on the OEM track settings for the 350? meh.
They do so much more then air, I love my coilovers. I'd put them up against any JRi or Jrz anyday.

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I believe the R was probably tuned to as close to no compromise as possible when running in track mode. I doubt they would leave their flagship track car with time on the table just from suspension tuning.
Actually, from the modest research I've done, I think this is one of the first mods I will absolutely do on my R; and I expect it will probably be the best bang for the buck.

The point isn't some big drop in lap time, it's the HUGE improvement in street manners, especially over rough roads, AND better track performance. Here's one of the first threads from the corvetteforum C7 Z06 section:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ng-released-and-katech-pre-order-started.html

And here's one from today:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-dsc-sport-shock-controller-observations.html

The key will be how much development of the algorithm they've done in an actual GT350 and a GT350R. As I understand it, they did their first tune for a 911, but then spent hundreds of track and street hours for their C7 Z06 tune. According to the C7 Z06 owners, the C7Z Stage 3 is a rough DD; this tuner by itself turns the car into a virtual Cadillac on the street, and improves track performance.

I wouldn't automatically turn my nose up at it, or at the price. And, FWIW, I'm a Ford guy who has no connection to these folks or their product. It's just one of the things I've been reading on the last year or so, and am impressed - so far.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No disrespect, but anyone that wishes to turn an R into a Cadillac might need a driver mind mod...

My R is perfect as it is on back roads, intermediates and interstates... I did initially have issues with tramlining but changing the tires was the best mod for better street manners. Altering the suspension software just to get better street manners is akin to putting a supercharger on the VooDoo just to get better 1/4-mile times.

Amazes me what people are willing to do to their cars to alter them from their intended purpose... but, then again, it is your car and your money.
Sponsored