Sponsored

First Supercharged GT350- 819rwhp/605rwtq Whipple Power!!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I hear you, but with high compression and limited boost your initial advantage of high compression and NA becomes moot. you are in effect paying much more for each additional HP. So for this car to me, and this is just my opinion, spending 6-10k for any of the FI kits to run 93 would be far to costly per hp gained vs the risk.

Again, just my very limited opinion.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Any updates on this?
Tempted with all the sale going on and with the MMR sale may also be a good time to start a "layaway" on a built GT 350 block also.
lol

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Car was for sale on ebay recently.
Ah. Well whatever happened to it after the clutch? Did they ever get it to the track? Any links to it? How did the engine and trans hold up?

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
No idea, but I am guessing if it was super awesome and successful there would be more videos on youtube? Maybe they dont want the publicity as it was always going to be sold?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have spoken to the shop that did the work, Power by the Hour here in S. FL. I was told that the car is fine, there were no issues, and truthfully it fell of due to some other "things" not bad, but just other things happening at Lethal.

Whoever is interested in the car should give em a call and find out for themselves, but I trust what I was told and if you wanted a whipple powered GT350, the car should be solid.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have spoken to the shop that did the work, Power by the Hour here in S. FL. I was told that the car is fine, there were no issues, and truthfully it fell of due to some other "things" not bad, but just other things happening at Lethal.

Whoever is interested in the car should give em a call and find out for themselves, but I trust what I was told and if you wanted a whipple powered GT350, the car should be solid.
I was interested in the story. I saw they said it was down due to the clutch but they never updated the thread. I know shops get busy. But come on, nobody is that busy that they can't update a thread in a year, lol! So it just seemed to me like something else must have happened. As mentioned before, if it was a success then I don't see how they would be soo busy that it wouldn't have been featured in their website and had this thread updated. I mean, an 800+ HP forced induction GT350 and it ran perfect and nobody posted any info on YouTube or their website or anywhere at all? Just very peculiar to me. But I wanted info on how it ran at the track, how the new clutch held up, how the drivetrain held up...but I don't really wanna engage in a phone conversation to find out.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
^^^^in this case I don’t think the old adage of “no news is good news” applies. If there was good news it would have been heavily advertised in my opinion.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I understand, I flt the same until I received the info....it was a "well bloody hell" moment. As I said, you need to engage them, I will not be the one who puts this out on the net.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^in this case I don’t think the old adage of “no news is good news” applies. If there was good news it would have been heavily advertised in my opinion.
True. I don't think something horrible happened. But I was wondering if there was a bit more to the story.

I understand, I flt the same until I received the info....it was a "well bloody hell" moment. As I said, you need to engage them, I will not be the one who puts this out on the net.
I engaged them by commenting on the post asking for updates. I'm not gonna call the shop because I don't wish to engage in a long conversation about it. I mean, if they are too busy to take a few seconds and update a thread then how would they have time to talk to me (or anyone else) on the phone and answer questions? If you know something that is factual then I don't see what your hangup is in telling people. There are plenty threads where someone says what happened to such and such car and someone else says "oh this or that happened". I mean, you did answer it partially. Now with your last sentence it's starting to sound like something did happen. So anyway I'll just await their response if you don't wanna be the one to put it out there.

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
In for drone report

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck. People in here acting like they're guarding the Ark of the Covenant or something. Makes no sense.
Sponsored