Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Can the stock GT350 lug nuts be used with the SV104 design?
Checked again with one of the OEM locking lug nuts. As suspected, your nuts will work. Unless you want to buy new nuts. Otherwise any non-R model or car without extended studs can use the OEM setup.

Only caveat is the 350R owners or those who have upgraded to an ARP extended lug nut will need to run an open ended or deep lug nut due to the length of the extended studs. No restrictions on the type of lug nut, just that it needs to be deeper or open.

I will be working on being able to offer the ZL1 Addons titanium setup to you all at a reduced cost if possible. But otherwise, your old nuts are good.

D9_C1753_B_9_D13_4_D45_B7_E4_CD6_F3_BA3_A033.jpg
Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I think Humpty Dumpty is about to have a great fall.

What if I told you there was going to be a Black Friday sale on the new SV501. Buy one set and get the second one half off. If you were both interested you could split the cost.....

Just saying .... [MENTION=23430]honeybadger[/MENTION]
Oh darn the deal is only for the SV501? If it also included the SV104 I'd be interested. With this deal do you start out with the manufacturer pricing, or your pricing. If it's based on yours you really have my attention. But then I'd have to find someone who also is buying.
Oh another thing these would go on a GT, not a GT350.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Oh darn the deal is only for the SV501? If it also included the SV104 I'd be interested. With this deal do you start out with the manufacturer pricing, or your pricing. If it's based on yours you really have my attention. But then I'd have to find someone who also is buying.
Oh another thing these would go on a GT, not a GT350.
I will send you a PM. My pricing is coming from the manufacturer, which is the nice thing about dealing with a rep directly. I have someone else who is looking to buy a set of wheels also

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wheel Construction Types And Information

Gents, I have been really enjoying talking to many of you about your wheel desires. Pretty cool being on this side of the ball providing customer service and discussing some of the technical aspects of wheel designs. In doing research about wheel types I came across a pretty good article on Camaro5 by a member named Nine Ball. I believe he/she works for Forgeline and broke down some technical information about different types of wheels being offered on the market. It was educational for me, and I think it will be for you also. This is not the gospel per-se, and it was written several years ago. You will see that Signature Wheels offers two of the best types of constructions in many widths/sizes, but I think it will help those that have questions about our wheels, pricing, and differences in construction.

I get a lot of emails from new wheel shoppers, asking what the differences are between cast aluminum wheels, flow-formed wheels, 1-piece forged wheels, 2-piece forged wheels, and 3-piece forged wheels. I always take my time to explain the differences in construction methods, as I prefer to educate my customers in order to allow them to select the wheels that best fit their needs.

There are predominantly 6 different methods for construction of wheels. Each one varies in quality, weight, strength, and price. There are pros and cons for each type. Hopefully after reading this thread, you gain a better understanding of each.

1. Cast aluminum wheels
2. Flow-Formed / Rotary Forged wheels
3. 1-piece "Monoblock" forged wheels
4. 2-piece welded construction forged wheels
5. 2-piece bolted construction forged wheels
6. 3-piece bolted construction forged wheels

Cast Aluminum Wheels
These are the lowest priced wheels, and are typically what are found on production vehicles. Cast aluminum wheels are created by pouring molten aluminum into a mold that is shaped like a wheel. This produces a wheel casting. Some final machining work is then done to clean up the rough surface, and paint/finishing is applied.

Pros: Lowest price, easiest to mass-produce.
Cons: More brittle than forged wheels. Spoke details and edges aren't as sharp as a machined forged wheel. Heaviest weight of all wheel construction types. Lowest quality. Limited offsets, width increments, diameter selection available. Nearly impossible to repair when cracked or severely bent - safely, that is. A damaged cast wheel usually needs to be replaced.

casting.jpg

Flow-Formed / Rotary Forged Wheels
Flow-Formed wheels start out identical to cast poured wheels, but with different hoop thickness. The casting process above is used to create the spoke pattern only. Then the wheel castings are put into a flow-forming machine to form the outer hoops. This is done using high heat and high pressure rollers, which "flow-form" the outer hoop. This results in a stronger outer hoop, with aligned aluminum grain structure. The resulting wheel is a cast faced wheel with a hoop that has properties similar to a forged wheel. They are stronger and lighter than cast wheels.

Pros: Low Price, Lightweight, Higher strength than cast wheels.
Cons: Cast face still lacks the sharp edges and details of a machined forged wheel. Limited width increments and diameters available. Hard to repair when severely bent or cracked.

Video on Flow-Forming process:

[ame]

1-Piece Monoblock Forged Wheels
The term "Monoblock" is used throughout the industry to describe the 1-piece forged wheels. "Mono" meaning one, and "Block" meaning it was created from one block of aluminum. The block in this case is actually a round bar stock of high quality, aerospace-quality 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy. The round bar is pressed in a huge forging machine, to stamp out a wheel shaped blank. Forging is a hot working process, and helps to align the grain structure of the alloy. This results in a very strong, very lightweight wheel construction material. The wheel blank is then flow-formed to create the outer barrel shape. Following that process, the wheel blank is loaded into a CNC milling machine and there the spoke pattern is milled out.

Pros: Lightest of the forged wheel construction methods.
Cons: Priced about the same as expensive 3-piece construction. Difficult to repair when bent or severely damaged.

onepiece.jpg

2-Piece Welded Construction Forged Wheels
These are considered the entry level forged wheels, as they are priced slightly lower than 3-piece forged wheels. The centers start out as a blank of forged 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy, and the spoke patterns are CNC machined with a milling machine. The wheel hoop is also a forged aluminum material. On a 2-piece wheel, the center is simply welded to the hoop on the backside of the wheel. Some manufacturers also offer cast aluminum centers, to reduce cost. Quality and weight of the cast centers is not as good as forged/machined, however.

Pros: Lowest Price of the Forged wheels. Same weight, appearance, quality as 3-piece wheels.
Cons: Limited widths increments available. Cannot easily chrome plate or paint the lip, since it has to be welded on. More difficult to repair a bent lip compared to a 3-piece wheel, as the center has to be cut out and a new hoop welded on.

twopiece.jpg

2-Piece Bolted Construction Forged Wheels
These are built very similar to the 2-piece welded construction wheels above, but use a hoop that has a bolting ring already in place. Instead of welding the center to the hoop, it is simply bolted on. This is the least common method of forged wheel construction, as the hoops tend to cost more than simple welded hoops. Some manufacturers also offer cast aluminum centers, to reduce cost. Quality and weight of the cast centers is not as good as forged/machined, however.

Pros: Lips can be easily chrome plated or painted, since no welding required. Easier to replace a hoop when it gets bent.
Cons: Limited width increments available. Few brands offer this type.

3-Piece Forged Wheels
Three piece forged wheels are usually the most expensive wheel construction, mostly due to the assembly labor and components used. The wheels consist of three main pieces; the center, the outer hoop (lip), and the inner hoop. These three parts are held together with a series of perimeter bolts. Silicone RTV is used to seal between the two hoops. Some manufacturers also offer cast aluminum centers, to reduce cost. Quality and weight of the cast centers is not as good as forged/machined, however.

Pros: Most width increments available, truly perfect fitments available. Easiest of all wheels to repair if lip gets bent or damaged, as hoops are easy to replace. Easy to paint or chrome plate lip, since no welding is required. Can have different color rear hoop and outer hoop, since they are two different pieces. Highest resale value for used wheels.
Cons: Most expensive forged wheel construction. RTV silicone seal can be damaged by inexperience tire installers, resulting in leaks.

threepiece.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Congratulations to members [MENTION=27270]wilddog[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26959]oldbmwfan[/MENTION] for taking advantage of our black Friday deal, and thanks for joining the Signature Owners Circle! Can’t wait to share more In 5-7 weeks when their wheels are built

[MENTION=27270]wilddog[/MENTION]
F5003_C79_7_B8_D_4_BCA_BC70_C81_DAE66_D4_BE.jpg

94_B33_FEA_C628_4376_97_B4_E88_F0_D0_CBE16.jpg

[MENTION=26959]oldbmwfan[/MENTION]
2915_ECED_013_D_426_F_979_F_0_CFE42_B0_E91_C.jpg

30_D96198_3_C9_F_4407_AA43_E8697986_ECD0.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Here is a quick video I shot today of the wheels while out at Thunder Hill watching the Ford Performance racing school race in the 25 hour event. First time out with the new equipment. iPhone X and DJI Osmo...

[ame]

We also finally got our very first set of the SV501 built. I have to say I am impressed with the final result, and it is a great OEM+ option. I personally liked the way the stock GT350 wheels looked, but hated that they were too heavy and shrouded the brake setup from sight. The new SV501 is everything the OEM Wheel should have been. Light, concave, and thinner spokes to show off the brake package. There are lots of aftermarket R wheels on the market, but not everyone wants that look on their GT350. Finally, a fully forged lightweight option is available.
B28A4039-61A0-463C-859D-9F37FA79786C.jpeg
D7DFF22F-C96A-47B3-B4A8-105DCCF7A1F8.jpeg
9BB6EA5E-CC18-462B-B48B-5A2102E00F10.jpeg

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Nice! Are those SV501's in R spec by chance?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice! Are those SV501's in R spec by chance?
Indeed they are, as are all the wheels we offer. A few members here have sets being built in that spec now.

We also just did a 20” R spec wheel for Gusmaroku on Instagram
0AF76AF2-B777-4AD1-BB9F-EE09BA552FE0.jpeg
88A47969-4E03-455B-989E-2BF9D11FC018.jpeg
91FB7D79-8036-4D86-AB67-15E8BBC4F3AC.jpeg
63D64EA0-51E0-4D78-B673-CC3358BC5788.jpeg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Whoa. As I suspected, the 20's look badass.

BAUCE!

TechnicalLimitation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350. H3562
We also finally got our very first set of the SV501 built. I have to say I am impressed with the final result, and it is a great OEM+ option. I personally liked the way the stock GT350 wheels looked, but hated that they were too heavy and shrouded the brake setup from sight. The new SV501 is everything the OEM Wheel should have been. Light, concave, and thinner spokes to show off the brake package. There are lots of aftermarket R wheels on the market, but not everyone wants that look on their GT350. Finally, a fully forged lightweight option is available.

Damn those are some nice wheels. I'm absolutely going to be hitting you up in the future. I'm on a bone-stock GT350 and I'd prefer something that does show off the brakes a bit more (even though my calipers are black), while dropping some weight. Not quite ready to pull the trigger, as I bet these run a pretty penny, but likely in the next 3-6 mo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Damn those are some nice wheels. I'm absolutely going to be hitting you up in the future. I'm on a bone-stock GT350 and I'd prefer something that does show off the brakes a bit more (even though my calipers are black), while dropping some weight. Not quite ready to pull the trigger, as I bet these run a pretty penny, but likely in the next 3-6 mo.
Ready when you are brother. Will probably cost less than you would think.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Baby's got new shoes a coming!

50 Deep's dedication to the Blue Oval and his following is no secret here on M6G. He pushes the envelope and experiments with just about everything. Most of it sticks, and some just takes awhile to grow on you (red mirrors).

But hands down the his wheel selection is perfect for me. So I ordered a set of R-spec Signature SV108 wheels (brushed triple black tinted) to nestle within a set of Michelin 4S rubber. Thank you 50 for test driving all the goodies and helping me spend my hard-earned cash. More photos to come once they're mounted and coated and installed. Can't express sufficiently how cool 50 is to make this happen while I'm 600 miles from my home and car. I owe you, bud!
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
4s.png

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hope you all are having a good weekend. Things have been very busy around here at Signature Wheel lately and I have lots to share. Going from enthusiast to vendor I have noticed a lot off added posts in the technical sections from wheel companies and other vendors. I will try to limit my updates to once a week so I do not take away from other discussions being had regarding our vehicles. With that said, let’s begin….

First, I want to introduce our new diamond cut wheel face option being offered. Now you can add even more customization to the set of wheels you select. This first set done was in our Crystal Orange...

52_DE8619_7_E80_4_C2_A_ABDD_70_C8_B4_F471_C1.jpg

60_AD55_C4_EF44_41_D3_873_E_55_BD2_EA3_B09_B.jpg

9_A4_AE044_4312_43_EC_924_A_307_A731_DCE22.jpg

B6_A7_FD1_F_FD27_41_EF_9865_D37_F232_AD43_F.jpg

Second, we released a new wheel to our lineup. This is the all new SV305 and SV305S. The two-piece version of our popular SV105 wheel. Available in any size you desire with exposed hardware (SV305S) or hidden (SV305). Deep concave just like all of our designs. Available to be cut for any platform, including your SUV!

C305_DF9_B_C7_F5_4_B7_F_BD14_B8_F642_D36204.jpg

8_CB4_C8_C7_509_D_4_AEF_936_C_C39751982_C1_F.jpg

C2_AA85_B0_8_E4_E_43_E7_9508_AECE25_E48207.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
On a side note we also had one of our custom DCT Motor Sports RS550 carbon fiber steering wheels installed by a customer. This was a white stitching and white center stripe option from our group buy that passed quality control inspection, but was not a configuration ordered by anyone. I have to say, it looks good. We have all the wheels you need!

49_A6557_C_E330_40_A4_A2_CA_98_C8_D1_BCDDC6.jpg

8_CE2_E4_E1_6_B4_A_4_DE5_AE2_A_32_C5_DBBAD278.jpg

The future is looking bright for 2018. We have a new wheel design in the works that I think all of you will love, and I may end up debuting on my car here soon depending on how things go. I am still on the hunt for the member ready to debut our SV102, SV103, SV105, and SV107. I know money is tight around the holidays, but Santa is looking to bring you a deliver in 5-7 weeks. If any of those profiles interest you let me know, looking to work some amazing pricing for the first person to order a set from each wheel profile. Signature Wheel - Built by us, made for you!

SV102_Angled.jpg

SV102_Side.jpg

SV102.jpg

SV103_Angled.jpg

SV103_Front.jpg

SV105_Front.jpg

SV105_Side.jpg

43_C9_DE77_2_B4_D_4338_90_C4_D1_DC10_B54_A0_C.jpg

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Out of all the Signature wheel designs you offer, which is truly the lightest when all other variable are held constant?
Sponsored