Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Master tech at my local dealer replaced my master clutch reservoir line assembly when it was in for 1st regular maintenance service last week. Bumping this thread for the new members that may not have seen it.

Also, for those that have been around I believe this has gotten enough press to make it into Ford's TSB database because the part was on national backorder...took a few weeks to arrive.
Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I would keep a close eye on this. The zip tie you're using for strain relief will become like a pulley if the line sees tension on the end away from the brake resevoir. To do it right you should put another zip tie around the strain relief tie and tighten it enough that the line cannot pull through. See this:

[/quote] The line that is used a...ctly how it is in the picture I posted above.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Ever since I had my new clutch installed, I would get gear lockout for the first 5 to 10 minutes I'd drive the car. Once the car warmed up, it would go away and shifts felt more smooth. I took the car back to the dealer 3 times and each time they would bleed the system and the car would be good for 2 days before the problem coming back. Yesterday, I come across this thread and sure enough my line was pretty far off. I pushed it in gently and some brake fluid seeped out. I haven't driven the car since pressing the line in, but could only imagine this may have been the culprit. I'll do some decent driving over the weekend and see if this corrects the issue. If not, I'll see if the dealer can replace the line as they did for the above mentioned post #166 and bleed the system one more time.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Update- Saturday I go to drive the car first time since correcting the line, and clutch felt extra spongy(could practically feel air in the line) and I had a hell of a time getting the car initially into any gear. Was about 41 outside and after letting the car idle for about 7 or 8 minutes, I was finally able to get into first. First mile of driving I had a few stops signs which were giving me trouble getting into gear from stop and shifts felt extra nibbly. Further I drove with with more clutch depresses ,the shifter started feeling better with no lock-out or nibbles. I didn't drive the car at all on Sunday, but Monday morning when I left for work, gears felt slightly less notchy when car was cold, but without any gear lockout. Today (Tuesday), I only let the car idle for about 3 minutes before taking off to work and the shifter felt the best it has ever had. No nibbles, no lockout. Today is slightly warmer, but not by much. Hopefully, I'll be good going forward.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Update- Saturday I go to drive the car first time since correcting the line, and clutch felt extra spongy(could practically feel air in the line) and I had a hell of a time getting the car initially into any gear. Was about 41 outside and after letting the car idle for about 7 or 8 minutes, I was finally able to get into first. First mile of driving I had a few stops signs which were giving me trouble getting into gear from stop and shifts felt extra nibbly. Further I drove with with more clutch depresses ,the shifter started feeling better with no lock-out or nibbles. I didn't drive the car at all on Sunday, but Monday morning when I left for work, gears felt slightly less notchy when car was cold, but without any gear lockout. Today (Tuesday), I only let the car idle for about 3 minutes before taking off to work and the shifter felt the best it has ever had. No nibbles, no lockout. Today is slightly warmer, but not by much. Hopefully, I'll be good going forward.
It's amazing how quickly and noticeably the viscosity of oil changes with a few degrees.

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
I would have thought by now that somebody like steeda would have come up with a better fix for this since ford seems to have now interest in rectifying the problem. Tj@steeda

:shrug:

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Improved mine. See post #160 of this thread. Another alternative proposed on post#161.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Anybody looked at a 2018 to see if Ford fixed it.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I would have thought by now that somebody like steeda would have come up with a better fix for this since ford seems to have now interest in rectifying the problem. Tj@steeda

:shrug:
Not sure we knew of this ... I will check with our R & D team, see if it is something we can look into.

Subscribing.

Best Regards,

TJ

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Not sure we knew of this ... I will check with our R & D team, see if it is something we can look into.

Subscribing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thank you:clap2:

When you come up with a solution I'll take one!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Will Ford cover this under warranty? My car has less than 8,000 miles.
Sponsored