Sponsored

Help a Military Member Deploying find a GT350R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey everyone, long shot I know, but would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction to find a GT350R? I'm active duty US Navy, and I'll be deploying later this year. I would like to order a GT350R while on deployment, so it can arrive sometimes next year, hopefully around when I get home.

I'm currently located in Virginia Beach, VA, but I'm willing to travel for a good deal, which to me, is MSRP. The dealership I've talked to have a different set of views when it comes to "taking care or active duty military".

I'm only interested in the GT350R, yes, I have enough funds to purchase it and even a deposit. No, I'm not interested in the GT350, and the GT350R isn't being sold in the Military Overseas Buyer Program, and the GT350 is sold out even if I wanted one.

Again, understands it's a long shot, but figured I might be able to find some luck here. PM with details. Maybe I'll even throw in a finders fee, it's that bad out there trying to find one.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I've contacted over 400 dealers in the search for an R and in my experience, there are no MSRP deals although, hope springs eternal.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
Hi I am also in the Navy and I was able to get a GT350 through MAS but I also have another one that I ordered earlier from a dealershipt at MSRP. I am looking to transfer that deal and get my 1K deposit back. If you change your mind and decide you want a Regular GT350 PM and I will transfer the deal to you. The car will be delivered to a base in the mid-atlantic not to far from you. PM me if your are serious and want further details.

OP
OP

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I really appreciate the offer, but I'm only looking fur a GT350R. If there is anyway it can change into an R allocation, I'll definitely cover that deposit for you.

Sponsored

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
Mustang Lurcker I PM'd you about your deal but you have not responed to my message?

OP
OP

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Bump. My wife is looking at buying a 2016 Edge, so maybe a package deal for an R can be worked out.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Bump. My wife is looking at buying a 2016 Edge, so maybe a package deal for an R can be worked out.
Good luck brother with your quest... And Godspeed on deployment. My prayers are with my Brothers In Arms and their families.

Last edited:

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Hey everyone, long shot I know, but would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction to find a GT350R? I'm active duty US Navy, and I'll be deploying later this year. I would like to order a GT350R while on deployment, so it can arrive sometimes next year, hopefully around when I get home.

I'm currently located in Virginia Beach, VA, but I'm willing to travel for a good deal, which to me, is MSRP. The dealership I've talked to have a different set of views when it comes to "taking care or active duty military".

I'm only interested in the GT350R, yes, I have enough funds to purchase it and even a deposit. No, I'm not interested in the GT350, and the GT350R isn't being sold in the Military Overseas Buyer Program, and the GT350 is sold out even if I wanted one.

Again, understands it's a long shot, but figured I might be able to find some luck here. PM with details. Maybe I'll even throw in a finders fee, it's that bad out there trying to find one.

Thanks for the help.
Gotta be honest - as a veteran, this post rubs me the wrong way. I've been blessed to help several members find MSRP (or close to MSRP) deals on non-Rs, so I can relate to the desire to find one at sticker.

I appreciate your service and the sacrifices that come with it. I spent 13 1/2 years are on Active Duty in the Air Force, and I can tell you that I would have never wanted anyone to interpret me using my military service as a way to get a favor. I realize you may just be sharing the truth of your situation - understood. But, your comment about "taking care of our active duty military" feels wrong.

I didn't serve so that I could be served. I did it because I have a passion for this country and what it stands for, I wanted to have a direct impact on the lives of others, and it was a great opportunity. I did not expect anything in return, sans a pay check.

While, hopefully not intentioned, your message comes across as one of entitlement; which I hope is inaccurate. Also, it's interesting that your request is only for an R. You've been on the forum (by the number of posts) to know that an R at MSRP is virtually impossible. Again, this just doesn't feel right to have you talk about your military service while asking for a favor.

I wish you the best during your deployment, and I would encourage you to rethink how you mention your military service by way of possible expectation.

OP
OP

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yawn, save the lecture. Words from my local stealership "We take care of our local military here" and then proceed to hit me with a $25,000 mark up on the GT350R. You'll notice that it was in quotes, ergo, I was quoting someone else who was speaking. So get off your high horse Thanks buddy, oh, and I take exception to you jumping the gun and commenting on something you have no SA on. I also encourage you to "Think, key, speak".

As far as my military service being "a possible exception", dealerships advertise military discounts all the time. Should I not take it? Worst people or a dealership can say is no. If the offer is there, why not uitilize it. It's not a favor, just an offer on the table. Did you ever use a military discount while you were active duty? Is so, again, don't attempt to lecture me. Perhaps the dealer owner is a veteran and wouldn't charge a mark up for an R to someone who is serving. If I don't ask the question, I'll never know. So again, your post, without merit or reason, comes off as extremely condescending and is unwarranted.

As far as my request for an R being "interesting" why is that? I have standards and something I want, I'm not going to settle for a GT350 because the R is difficult to find at this time.

So thank you for your unwarranted $0.02, as an active duty member on deployment, your post rubs me the wrong way. Cheers, off to watch.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think why this might seem a sensitive subject....is, you're not asking for someone to watch your dog, mow your grass or take care of some deserving family member while you're deployed. You're shopping for a $70k sports car. If you're offered a discount, I agree, why not take it - but this is seriously 1st world problems going on right here ;)

Stay safe man.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
^^^This.

Unfortunately, your response seems to validate my original assertion.

BTW - You can expect people to share their unwarrented $0.02 anytime you post on an open public forum. ;)

Also, you may not remember me, but I just checked, and I passed along an MSRP deal in Florida to you on August 28th...which you turned down, because it turned out not to be an R. I thought I recognized your username.

Be safe! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So asking someone to do yard work, watch my dog, do house work, etc for free is better than asking for a deal, that being MSRP on a car? I would never expect or ask for anything free. Ya'll crack me up. Not asking for a discount, asking for a car at MSRP. Shame on me.

All hail shelby r, high and mighty on his throne of morality and prior service, for he is infallible, and has never taken a discount in his life. Be weary those who do so, for he shall cast judgment and smite thee.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So asking someone to do yard work, watch my dog, do house work, etc for free is better than asking for a deal, that being MSRP on a car? I would never expect or ask for anything free. Ya'll crack me up. Not asking for a discount, asking for a car at MSRP. Shame on me.

All hail shelby r, high and mighty on his throne of morality and prior service, for he is infallible, and has never taken a discount in his life. Be weary those who do so, for he shall cast judgment and smite thee.

I thought my analogy was fair. People are just more likely to raise an eyebrow for something high-end like this and not something that's truly a "need".

And asking for MSRP on an R, this late in the game - IS like asking for something for free. It would be like handing you $20k.

Good luck finding what you're after man, seriously. It's an uphill battle at this point.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

Hmmm, I'm disturbed by your character... Truly Unbefitting of that of an officer, which I hope you aren't when sporting this attitude.

This community owes you nothing... And as a commissioned officer if I witnessed such entitlement behavior in my squad we would have a talk with the commander.

Please, don't disrespect the uniform such selfish desires. That uniform is not at your disposal for personal welfare or gain.

Again, Godspeed in your deployment and Merry Christmas.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.