Sponsored

How's your dealership experience been with ordering your 350?

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'm curious as to how your personal dealership experience has been with regards to your 350. So far, mine has been absolute shit. Still unable to order even thought they are getting a 2015. Salesman is flakey and has been trying to "get a meeting with the GM for a week." I've called the GM 6 times, left three voicemails, driven the 8 hour round trip four times to meet with them, and one written note by the secretary and he still refuses to call me back. I'm stuck because no one else will do a sticker deal but I will never go to this dealership again. Beyond ridiculous!!!!! :mad::frusty: Anyway, how was your experience?

EDIT
My new dealer is awesome. Took 5 hours to change their original order and have mine in place along with all the paperwork that goes with it and what not. The salesman is nice and upfront with me. Dealer is a small family owned dealer and treated me great. Can't thank them enough for their service and how they treated me. I know where I'm taking my business from now on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Really sounds like you need to be patient and find another dealership. No offense but if I was that GM I would find a customer like that annoying.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Really sounds like you need to be patient and find another dealership. No offense but if I was that GM I would find a customer like that annoying.

If I was a GM at a Ford dealer and had a customer about to buy a 350, said customers father buying a F350 Platinum and connected many members on here to them because they're willing to sell for MSRP, I'd be freaking thrilled to have that customer. I'm only staying with them because in the last month I started looking around again and 50ish dealers later I couldn't get one for sticker. Also, I've called 6 times in the past 2 weeks, and in the past 3 months been down there to meet.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Called a small dealership, Spoke to the GM(apparently all the salespeople in a SMALL dealer are GM's?). Told him my agenda and why and he said I'm not greedy come on in and I'll even take something off the MSRP. So i made an appointment to come in. Arrived the next day with my oldest son and one of the twin boys, 15 and 11. Spoke a bit with the salesman about family and principles and values and morals.... Then ordered the car I wanted the way I wanted it.... signed the deal for LESS than MSRP and left my deposit.

It was that easy. My kids were very ecstatic and wide eyed over what just happened. The salesman gained a new client. And his future business sees 5 kids coming back to him for their own new cars.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
The dealers who I didn't buy from: Ignorant, Unwilling, Untimely, ADM

The dealer I bought from: Nice, Timely, Informative, Knowledgeable, No ADM

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
My dealer has been excellent. Nothing but good things to say about my dealer. My sales guy is personable, honest, gets back to me quickly and overall he's done a fantastic job. The owner is also a fellow alumni which is important to me. The service dept was great with the work I had them do on my RV and the track key they installed on my LS. I'll be ordering two F150 Platinums from them very soon.

This dealer is close to an hour's drive from my house but I choose to do business with them as they are infact the exceedingly rare dealer who has integrity and is doing a fantastic job. There are dealers that are far closer. One is two blocks from my office but they simply do not compare for a number of reasons.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I think your dealer is stringing you along and you should find another dealer

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Enzo, Have you tried to lookup the Owner of the dealership and reach out to him/her?

That almost always puts a foot up the GM's ...you know

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Someone else also had a promised deal going south. He called the regional and it got sorted quickly. Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Fun42

2013 Porsche Boxster S
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Fast and Faster
I have not ordered yet, but I did contact one dealer in Houston for a quote. I explained that I do not have to have a GT350 this year and that price is more important than delivery date.

Dealer was emailing and calling instantly.

They mentioned first allocation went for $20k above MSRP. When I asked again for a quote for delivery in 2016, I got ZERO response.

Patience will be key.

Anyone have any luck with Ford dealers near Houston or anywhere in Texas?

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Contacted about eight dealerships in the midwest today.. all markups. They're saying the market dictates the price right now, but I don't need the car at this moment so I'm being patient. If I find MSRP.. I will place the order.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I talked with four and got four different experiences:
-Talked to a large dealer in Oklahoma from a lead that came from this forum. I saw the post and emailed the dealer within 15-20 minutes of it. I received an email that they will sell to me at MSRP. Then the dealer stopped returning my emails. So that dealer basically lied to me and now won't talk to me.
-One local dealer I haven't worked with before. They were very arrogant and I had to push to get them to say a price. Finally they said $10-20k over. I was a little rude to them at that point, but what can I say. I'm human... and no way am I paying 20 to 40% dealer mark up. Just not going to do it. I'm not that wealthy - it's real money to me and I need it more than they do.
-One local dealer said they are selling for $2k over. I'm in at that price, but I don't have it in writing and I'm number 4 on the list. I haven't talked to a dealer up here that is getting more than 1 guaranteed allocation per year. So.. odds are that deal might fall through.
-The local dealer I've bought 4 cars from in the last 4 years said they will look at average selling price once the car comes in and that will be the price. I have tried to push them to negotiate now, but they refuse. So it will be interesting to see what they settle on. On the bright side, they did order the car per my wants and I am first in line to look at it and negotiate. They acted like I would get to drive it as part of the negotiation, so that's something.

I expect that if I want to buy special edition Mustangs in the future I will probably buy them used in order to avoid the "dealer experience". I'm thinking that next year I will look for a used GT500 to drive for a couple years and then I will look for a used GT350 some time in 2018 or 2019. I'm just not happy with the balance of power when the demand is higher than the supply, so I will wait and buy used where the demand is much lower and I have more ability to negotiate. I don't "need" to have a brand new car. I think I will be happier with how things go if I do things this way.

Who knows, maybe one of the dealers above will treat me better than my current expectations. For now I'm trying to be patient.
Sponsored

Last edited: