Sponsored

"Steering Assist Fault Service Required" and "Service AdvanceTrac".

aajohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT (Base)
This morning I started my 2017 GT after not driving it for one day and I suddenly got a few errors "Steering Assist Fault Service Required" and "Service AdvanceTrac"

Has anybody ever had this before and is it serious and what happened if you got it? Restarting my car, etc didn't fix my issue.

I think it's supposed to be safe to drive, it was stiffer than normal(obviously) but I hope this isn't something serious or will haunt me for as long as I have my car. My first new car ever, it's a bummer with only 1,600 miles on it :/
Sponsored

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Mine did this after installing an oil catch can. I used a bolt near the passengers side strut tower, near the fuse box. The OEM nut wasn't making a good ground.

OP
OP

aajohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT (Base)
I'm honestly not the most handy person out there. Should I use a wrench on that side and see if there are any loose bolts under the hood?

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
You should take it to the dealership. If you mess with something and it makes it worse they may point fingers. Just let them fix it.

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had this happen to me in the past. It ended up being a wire grounding out causing a blown fuse. Dealership fixed under warranty.

Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
This just happened to me this morning car still runs but i can't select any drive modes.

Sledgeyj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT PP
Mine kept doing this, there was a software/firmware update that resolved the issue
Sponsored