Sponsored

8 inch Android Touch Screen Navigation

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I was wondering if anybody had experience or opinions about the following auto radio unit.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/8-Android-Au...ash=item41c7f9ddbc:g:KTcAAOSwVfxZ3JT0&vxp=mtr

I wanted to install the Tomtop unit but it seems too buggy and unreliable, next comes the Raxiom or Rosen but they were discontinued, then there is the Moddiction unit but they are out of stock, so there are not that many options out there :shrug:.I would rather keep the stock appearance of a 8 inch screen instead of the other 10 inch android unit that is available.

It's a sad situation when you have to rely on no name Chinese products, to upgrade the audio on an american car. Hopefully somebody can steer me in the right direction, thanks.
Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
OP
OP
KonaBlue

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
no problem. im still considering getting one of these if i can find it in the $400 range. when the group buy imploded i picked up one the the metra dash kits for under $300 and ill just throw my android 7" head unit in it for now.

Theres also a similar 10" android unit that retains the factory hvac controls but requires timming of the volume knobs. if you scroll through the threads in this area you will find some discussion about that unit.

see, isnt that better than blurting out "use the search button" lol

OP
OP
KonaBlue

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This kit is not supposed to be compatible with the 2017 Mustang I am told, I'm I missing something ? I have the same 4 inch screen and centre console of the two previous years for the base models. I asked the seller for clarification suggesting he contact the supplier of the 8 inch screen kit for confirmation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KonaBlue

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
After several emails I got confirmation today that the Rupse 8 inch unit would be compatible for the 2017 Mustang, sort of... they say "it would fit". It would be in their interests if they did some research and included the 2017 Mustang as being compatible in their advertisement, anyhow.
Best price I saw so far is Amazon at $468 includes shipping.

blakmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
After several emails I got confirmation today that the Rupse 8 inch unit would be compatible for the 2017 Mustang, sort of... they say "it would fit". It would be in their interests if they did some research and included the 2017 Mustang as being compatible in their advertisement, anyhow.
Best price I saw so far is Amazon at $468 includes shipping.
The non android you can find them on ebay for high 200$ or 300$.

Best price i got for the android "8" is 485$.

Your Amazon price is for non andorid?

OP
OP
KonaBlue

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The non android you can find them on ebay for high 200$ or 300$.

Best price i got for the android "8" is 485$.

Your Amazon price is for non andorid?
(You can get the Tomtop unit for as low as $150 including shipping)
Rupse 8inch HD Android Car GPS Navigation Stereo With BT Music/Hands-free/SWC/HD/ For 2015 2016 Ford Mustang With Factory 4inch Screen

As I wrote $468 including shipping on Amazon, it's on sale...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DQ1KXQ

blakmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Did you get the android or still? "feedback plz"

Yeah i just noticed they so cheap now.

OP
OP
KonaBlue

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Did you get the android or still? "feedback plz"

Yeah i just noticed they so cheap now.
I'm waiting for a few reviews from people who actually installed the unit, I don't want to mess around with something that's not proven to be reliable and bug free.

By the way anybody knows the power output of the base radio? the Rupse unit is supposed to be 4x45W, I imagine that is peak power not RMS, I wonder if there would be a significant increase in volume. I changed my four standard 6.5 speakers to (REF-6522EX) Infinity's with 3.0 ohms impedance instead of 4.0 ohms, and that alone made a difference in volume output.

Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what happened to the 2nd thread about the 8" unit?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Ya I just noticed a thread I started, not Patrick, nor Patrick's clone, was deleted. Why, [MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION], was the thread I made about trying to get more information about 8" units deleted? Please tell me as I'd not like to do things that violate rules; I did not think I violated any rules. Anyways, there may be some news on the horizon about an 8" unit.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Ya I just noticed a thread I started, not Patrick, nor Patrick's clone, was deleted. Why, [MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION], was the thread I made about trying to get more information about 8" units deleted? Please tell me as I'd not like to do things that violate rules; I did not think I violated any rules. Anyways, there may be some news on the horizon about an 8" unit.
wasn't there some discussion of how to contact him in one of the posts? seems like they are wiping all mention of him or a group buy from the forum, which now weve put this thread at risk lol.
Sponsored