Sponsored

Maximizer (ebay) Headers with pics

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I buy American when it's fairly priced. 1.5-2k for long tubes is freakin ridiculous. I paid 2600 for a MAPerformance turbo kit. All made in USA including the turbo. Most headers have e85 fouling problems anyway other than Kooks. At least these eBay headers have a 15 deg o2 bung so that shouldn't be an issue.
I personally bought Kooks but I had a reason aside from the name. I will say that Chinese alloys are generally inferior to American alloys in almost ever type I have used.

Cheapest example of this would be pocket knives. Someone bought me one made from Chinese steel, broke it within a year. The one made from American steel has outlasted two belt holsters and sharpened countless times due to use. 10 years and counting. Chinese tools, broken after a few years. American tools, still functioning like the day I bought them.

I could go on but I think I have made my point. I don't plan on getting rid of my car any time soon. So I rather have something I would expect outlast my car.
Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I personally bought Kooks but I had a reason aside from the name. I will say that Chinese alloys are generally inferior to American alloys in almost ever type I have used.

Cheapest example of this would be pocket knives. Someone bought me one made from Chinese steel, broke it within a year. The one made from American steel has outlasted two belt holsters and sharpened countless times due to use. 10 years and counting. Chinese tools, broken after a few years. American tools, still functioning like the day I bought them.

I could go on but I think I have made my point. I don't plan on getting rid of my car any time soon. So I rather have something I would expect outlast my car.
Agree 100%. American steel is tits. I know it's strange but I can smell the differences in the country of origin when I weld on pipe. Taiwan is the worst. It will make you gag. American steel is so clean, but literally cost double or more and takes twice as long to get. Philippian pipe is so so as well as Chinese but American steel is where it's at. USA USA USA...only if you have time to wait...

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are OBX headers. The only issue was that I needed to add 2.5 inches of stainless to each midpipe to connect up to my Corsa Sport. The O2's are tilted for e85. I have yet to take out an O2 running E85 for 5k miles. No issues with the installation. A small ding may be needed for the steering shaft

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I installed these exact headers in April. Not sure what type of tranny you have, but on my Auto I did not need to extend any of the O2 sensors. I removed the A/C line bracket on the passenger side because it was making contact. The headers were very close to the steering shaft and just to be safe I spaced the engine up about 3/16".

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Hell IM southern too. Tread lightly!!! Just kidding. American made products are great for the most part don't get me wrong, BUT there are better made products at better prices from all over the globe regardless. I'm pretty damn patriotic but you knock 50 bucks off a tv a Walmart that's made in who the f*** knows country, by who the f*** knows kids,grandparents,prisoners,etc then I'm all in!!! I'm going to be 100% percent completely honest right now...the 1 and ONLY thing that I refuse to buy that's made in a foreign country is an American flag. Gotta be American made for me

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=32284]UAmach1[/MENTION] for the record the welds are fine. They would pass a "visual" for the most part. Weld inspectors love to bust balls on visuals but it's harder for some to pass visual welds than full X-ray I've seen it countless times. The fit is lined up and looks great. You won't have anything to worry about as far as them falling apart anytime soon. IMO

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
I think we are just trying to pass the time til the weekend when we can hear about the fitment and hopefully get a sound clip. The rest will work itself out

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Buy what you want, when you want. I'm going to buy the same headers. Are Kooks better, probably. Are they worth the extra $1000, nope. Some things matter, some things, not so much.

As for the buy American thing, America cannot compete. I'm not going to spend an extra $1000 just to say I bought American. There are reasons behind the price being higher, I get it. But, that's not my problem. But many of these parts are made by machines anyway, so much of this stuff is not labor intensive.

I would love the good old days of the 50's where everything was made in America with quality for a decent price. That's not the world we live in. If we can get a few more illegal Mexicans to float up here we might be able to compete with China. lol. That is a joke.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Haha. I like your jokes

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
what is the deal with e85 and headers? I am getting american racing headers installed next week and I run e85 when I go to the drag strip. I have been reading there is issues with o2 sensors? Is this common occurrence or bad luck?

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
I have been running e85 for over 1k miles with no problems. This thread has me wondering also tho. I'm wondering the same

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
what is the deal with e85 and headers? I am getting american racing headers installed next week and I run e85 when I go to the drag strip. I have been reading there is issues with o2 sensors? Is this common occurrence or bad luck?
It all depends on the angle in which the o2 sensors are placed. The only culprit I've heard of are the stainless power headers, which mount their o2 sensors at a 90 degree angle.

Before I had mine installed I had them remount the o2 sensors at a 45ish degree angle to avoid whatever it was that killed the sensors. I can't recall the exact issue but it had something to do with exhaust temperature and water. I run E85 about 80-90% of the time and have put about 10k miles through them and the sensors are fine.

Many of the headers come with the sensors mounted in an acceptable area, but I know stainless power does not with regards to E85 (its fine for 87-93 pump gas).

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Any problems with arh? I could probably tell the shop to fix it before the install .

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Any problems with arh? I could probably tell the shop to fix it before the install .
https://www.rpmoutlet.com/2015-mustang-gt-arh-exhaust.htm

They look to be fine as they're not horizontal with the ground. After browsing really quick the issue seems to be condensation. I'm willing to bet if you talked to the shop that's going to do the install they'll be able to tell you more. Mine was aware of the issue and was going to bring it up to me but I beat them to the punch.

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang