Display on V8 GT

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hi guys, I'm sure this has been covered but I have a few questions to ask... I just want to know what everyone is getting on there dash display for there fuel history and gauge summary? I have a stock 2017 V8 GT Auto and I'm sitting around 14.3 l/100 and the head temp is around 104 Degrees Celsius and the inlet temp is 17 degrees Celsius and the outside temp is 13 degrees Celsius... this is driving normal in D with the rev not going over 2000rpm. Who can help me out with this? Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
What are you looking for?

Everything sounds within spec, after the tune my car was sitting on 12.9L/100km, head temp is fairly consistent between 101-104 degrees.

+4 degrees from outside temperature to IAT also seems normal assuming your car is running the stock air box, this will obviously change depending on driving conditions (bumper to bumper traffic will increase IATs)

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the quick reply bud, was just asking because I heard that the head temp is a little high... once I start doing work to it, I will do a blue power CAI (has anyone got one) and exhaust.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Hi guys, I'm sure this has been covered but I have a few questions to ask... I just want to know what everyone is getting on there dash display for there fuel history and gauge summary? I have a stock 2017 V8 GT Auto and I'm sitting around 14.3 l/100 and the head temp is around 104 Degrees Celsius and the inlet temp is 17 degrees Celsius and the outside temp is 13 degrees Celsius... this is driving normal in D with the rev not going over 2000rpm. Who can help me out with this? Thanks in advance guys.
Same car in Melbourne.
Get 10.5 to 11.5 l/100 km around town - so much for buying an Eco for economy.
9.5 l/100 km to Canberra.
I take it carefully.

Filled with 95 Fuel one time. Fuel economy dropped nearly 15%
Never had a car before to worry about top grade fuel, but made real difference in mine.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting you say that radar, I only fill my cars with bp ultimate, also, never seen it under 14.3, always about 14.7 and I drive it very carefully. It's got 6500km atm, it's my daily. Not sure how everyone seems to get down to around 11 l/100km

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Thanks for the quick reply bud, was just asking because I heard that the head temp is a little high... once I start doing work to it, I will do a blue power CAI (has anyone got one) and exhaust.
I was one of the prototype cars for Blue Power for their CAI, couldn't recommend it more, great power increase. You will notice that IATs will climb in traffic but will drop quickly after you give the car some throttle.

The head temp doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me, I have seen it in that range before. If you have any concerns speak to Chris or Theo (Blue Power) they will be able to answer some questions for you and let you know what they have seen in their testing of cars.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
The head temp doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me, I have seen it in that range before. If you have any concerns speak to Chris or Theo (Blue Power) they will be able to answer some questions for you and let you know what they have seen in their testing of cars.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that buddy. Yeah I know them boys, they do amazing work... when I go see him, I will let him know... I'm thinking of going car back and cai from blue power... no tune atm, what you think from personal experience?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
The head temp doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me, I have seen it in that range before. If you have any concerns speak to Chris or Theo (Blue Power) they will be able to answer some questions for you and let you know what they have seen in their testing of cars.
Thanks for that buddy. Yeah I know them boys, they do amazing work... when I go see him, I will let him know... I'm thinking of going car back and cai from blue power... no tune atm, what you think from personal experience?[/QUOTE]

I went with the tune and cai, I used the corsa sport rather than their exhaust (their exhaust hadn't been made yet). It made the car so much more responsive and it felt how the car should have been from the factory. I couldn't recommend them more highly. :cheers:

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
+1 for Blue power, I have their cai and Difillipo catback, picked up approx 22 kw on their before and after dyno runs with no tune. Speak to Chris or Theo great guys to deal with.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Chris and theo are awesome guys. Taken all my cars to them... and I have had a heap of cars.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Same car in Melbourne.
Get 10.5 to 11.5 l/100 km around town - so much for buying an Eco for economy.
9.5 l/100 km to Canberra.
I take it carefully.

Filled with 95 Fuel one time. Fuel economy dropped nearly 15%
Never had a car before to worry about top grade fuel, but made real difference in mine.
95? won't put any less than 98 in mine. Not having a V8 to worry about fuel cost.

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
also, never seen it under 14.3, always about 14.7 and I drive it very carefully. It's got 6500km atm, it's my daily. Not sure how everyone seems to get down to around 11 l/100km
I'm not even sure how all you guys are managing below 20L per 100km :confused:

Mine's a daily driver (20km round trip to and from work) in normal traffic conditions (i.e. not stop start, bumper to bumper traffic) with a good thrash every free opportunity and I don't get anything less than 21.5L

This 21.5L is also the lifetime reading over 1700kms factoring in babying the thing for the first few hundred kms as well.

Trip meter 2 gets reset every time I fill up and that's always around 22.5L

Not having a V8 to worry about fuel cost.
True, but for the amount mine guzzles, I'd want at least a supercharger bolted onto it to justify the consumption.

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)

Mine's a daily driver (20km round trip to and from work) in normal traffic conditions (i.e. not stop start, bumper to bumper traffic) with a good thrash every free opportunity and I don't get anything less than 21.5L

This 21.5L is also the lifetime reading over 1700kms factoring in babying the thing for the first few hundred kms as well.

True, but for the amount mine guzzles, I'd want at least a supercharger bolted onto it to justify the consumption.
maybe changing before 7k rpms :shrug: mines sitting at 10.3 atm but that is 2hr each day on the m1. only time ive seen it average out above 20 was a track day.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

That's crazy, my brothers 1 million dollar Lamborghini aventador s gets 21.3l/100