El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Make sure you have good tires that actually hook. 1 > 2 shift can get a little sideways if you are not careful. Highly recommend Lund tuning, they know their stuff!
Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At the track, I got more sideways with the 2-3 shift.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Anyone got a Lund tune in their auto transmission GT. I am interested in what the shifting is like between gears -the stock programming is a bit "mushy" but reading the US reviews of the Lund tune the shifts can be quite "firm" (maybe too firm, but yes it is programmable)?

Any thoughts appreciated.
I got my Auto Lund tuned back in Feb, I didn't like the hard gear shifting after the tune... they tweaked it for me, and it was better. But last month I asked them to soften it right off.... they have, and it's another improvement... but if I'm honest I prefer the factory shift set up...:)

OP
OP

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
I have always driven mine in sport plus using the paddles.i am hoping the normal gear position feels like sport plus. We will see in a week or so.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the price of a lund tune?
You need the Lund Nguage to go with it, $629.00 USD (EDIT: oops forgot I got a windscreen mount, its $614 USD without it) for the Nguage plus tune. There are some options if you have a supercharger or stuff like that.

Gives you the tuner, your tune and 3 months of minor (basically anything but replacement turbo/supercharger) changes, which can just be "hey can you change the shifting profile on my auto" as well.

I have my tune Im installing tonight, I had a new exhaust, CAI and intercooler put on yesterday and Ive got the tune for that setup.

Once I do that Ill datalog with their tuner, send them the information and they will tell me if they need to make any tweaks to my tune, or I can ask for stuff too.

Last edited:
OP
OP

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lund with Nguage direct from Lund is usd$579 plus $35 for shipping. This gives you three months free tunes. I will install mine on the weekend.

OP
OP

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I installed the Lund tune last night and drove to work this morning -its only 7km's in Sydney peak hour traffic. The few spots I normally would give it a quick blast I had a slow car in front of me, so no real feedback as yet.

The only two noticable differences were:
- shifts (using paddles) at mid throttle settings were much firmer, at low throttle settings they were unchanged.
- my car has a tendency to "run on" a bit (this is apparently quite common -it feels like you lift your foot off the accelerator but the car keeps a slight forward momentum). this seems to be gone with a lift off leading to engine braking -much better!

I will check back in after to upcoming long weekend with some more detailed thoughts.

BTW the NGuage from Lund arrived in 3 days and the tune was emailed the day after my order. installing couldnt be easier and took a whole 8 minutes!

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
So I installed the Lund tune last night and drove to work this morning -its only 7km's in Sydney peak hour traffic. The few spots I normally would give it a quick blast I had a slow car in front of me, so no real feedback as yet.

The only two noticable differences were:
- shifts (using paddles) at mid throttle settings were much firmer, at low throttle settings they were unchanged.
- my car has a tendency to "run on" a bit (this is apparently quite common -it feels like you lift your foot off the accelerator but the car keeps a slight forward momentum). this seems to be gone with a lift off leading to engine braking -much better!

I will check back in after to upcoming long weekend with some more detailed thoughts.

BTW the NGuage from Lund arrived in 3 days and the tune was emailed the day after my order. installing couldnt be easier and took a whole 8 minutes!
This "run on" thing, after lifting off throttle, can feel like you don't have control at times. Annoying. Has your paddle shift response time improved? Not referring to actual shift speed. Is Auto still smooth in D? Following this thread with great interest, as i am wanting to pull trigger on a worthwhile tune at some point. cheers

OP
OP

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mick, give me a week and i will try and give you some answers.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Mick, give me a week and i will try and give you some answers.
Looking forward to your comments micro. Left some questions for SF on their thread last week. No reply, thus far. Which seems odd. One assumes that Lund would have lots of experience with Mustang tunes and seem's to have a solid reputation. Of course, if an AUS tuner can offer something comparable , which is hard to know, i would support AUS. cheers

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is Auto still smooth in D?
Ive had a Lund tune on my EB Convertible Auto since last week.

There are two different ways it shifts now, if Im accelerating hard it shifts hard. If Im accelerating normally then it shifts normally. Theres two definite ways it feels when shifting.

I know Lund will adjust the shifting profile if you ask them though.

I havent used the paddles since the tune at all (or basically much ever) so cant comment there.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I can't say with any certainty but I think this is a deliberate comfort thing, a slow close of the throttle rather than snapping shut. My Ranger does the same thing. If you're actively braking it doesn't feel like it occurs but if you lift off the throttle and just coast it runs on a little as you say. I think it's supposed to give a smoother ride.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Ive had a Lund tune on my EB Convertible Auto since last week.

There are two different ways it shifts now, if Im accelerating hard it shifts hard. If Im accelerating normally then it shifts normally. Theres two definite ways it feels when shifting.

I know Lund will adjust the shifting profile if you ask them though.

I havent used the paddles since the tune at all (or basically much ever) so cant comment there.
Thanks for feedback. What about the tune in general?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a new cat-back, CAI plus an intercooler and its pipe kit.

Drove it like that for a day and then put in the tune.

It has a huge lot more acceleration for sure, I didnt dyno it so I cant give you numbers but it sure feels much faster in general.

The take off in sports mode is really hard and fast and basically no wheel spin so you just start flying, stuff like 80-120kmph rockets as well, I hit the accelerator to go around someone the other day and I was doing 130 before I knew it.
Sponsored