Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
"That's one of the most exciting cars I've driven in a long time... quicker than a V8 supercar any day of the week...it's a car you've got to give a lot of respect to."
Warren Luff giving his thoughts on the StreetFighter SF700S, supercharged Mustang.

Click on video link below.

Streetfighter entered 2 Mustangs to the event.
Our naturally aspirated SFPII (Streetfighter Stage II Package ) and our
Supercharged SF700S (Streetfighter 700 HP Street compliant package).
We are very proud of the efforts of our team to prepare, tune and showcase the 2 vehicles with only 2 ½ weeks preparation time.

Our SFPII was the top scoring naturally aspirated Mustang at the event finishing behind the Supercharged vehicles and ahead of the Tickford and Harrop entrants.

“This is such a great package, this is how the car should have come from standard. The exhaust note is amazing, you just want to keep revving it!”
Warren Luff after testing the StreetFighter SFPII Mustang.

Our SF700S supercharged package won every event until the standard equipment Ford oil cooler failed. Unfortunately this was at the end of the day on the Lap timed event. With a mild lap time needed to be enough for the Streetfighter Mustang to win the whole event we remained disappointed that a factory component (standard part on all entrants’ vehicles) failed.
However to put it all in perspective, Luffy and all test drivers were impressed with both vehicles showcasing standout results.
Also, due to what seems to be a common problem we are in now development of an upgraded oil cooler for our next outing and to add to the Streetfighter product range.

Congratulations Craig Dean from Mustang Motorsport taking out the event with their Supercharged Mustang. Great effort from their crew and well deserved..

Check out this month’s issue of Motor Magazine for the full Mustang Shootout write up.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
"That's one of the most exciting cars I've driven in a long time... quicker than a V8 supercar any day of the week...it's a car you've got to give a lot of respect to."
Warren Luff giving his thoughts on the StreetFighter SF700S, supercharged Mustang.

Streetfighter entered 2 Mustangs to the event.
Our naturally aspirated SFPII (Streetfighter Stage II Package ) and our
Supercharged SF700S (Streetfighter 700 HP Street compliant package).
We are very proud of the efforts of our team to prepare, tune and showcase the 2 vehicles with only 2 ½ weeks preparation time.

Our SFPII was the top scoring naturally aspirated Mustang at the event finishing behind the Supercharged vehicles and ahead of the Tickford and Harrop entrants.

“This is such a great package, this is how the car should have come from standard. The exhaust note is amazing, you just want to keep revving it!”
Warren Luff after testing the StreetFighter SFPII Mustang.

Our SF700S supercharged package won every event until the standard equipment Ford oil cooler failed. Unfortunately this was at the end of the day on the Lap timed event. With a mild lap time needed to be enough for the Streetfighter Mustang to win the whole event we remained disappointed that a factory component (standard part on all entrants’ vehicles) failed.
However to put it all in perspective, Luffy and all test drivers were impressed with both vehicles showcasing standout results.
Also, due to what seems to be a common problem we are in now development of an upgraded oil cooler for our next outing and to add to the Streetfighter product range.

Congratulations Craig Dean from Mustang Motorsport taking out the event with their Supercharged Mustang. Great effort from their crew and well deserved..

Check out this month’s issue of Motor Magazine for the full Mustang Shootout write up.

Don't want to sound to negative and i know that acceleration times are not everything, but 0-100 and 1/4 times for your $8000, SPF11 package are "only" 0.2secs faster than stock.Rightly or wrongly, cars will be judged on those times. Tickford is 0.2 quicker than SPF11 and i believe, they don't even run headers. Am i reading those graphs wrong?

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Full article in Motor mag a good read.

One concern for the Coyote is a couple cars suffering on the track.

David, you were there, any comment on this? Oil starvation under lateral Gs. Left or right corner bias?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert

David, you were there, any comment on this? Oil starvation under lateral Gs. Left or right corner bias?
I suppose, the GT was never meant to be a track car. That's the GT350's thing. I wonder if someone has imported one yet and is planing a RHD conversion.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang

We asked Luffy to keep it tame on the lap event as we noticed a plume of oil smoke at turn 5 left hander transitioning into turn 6 right hand sweeprs on the warm up lap.
After checking all was perfect we knew that the standard engine sump has no baffling and can be prone to oil splashing on transitional cornering.
Not being our own vehicle ( customers vehicle ) we gave Luffy the go ahead to continue however caution on sweeping transitional corners.
The car performed perfectly and was driven 800km back to our factory in Adelaide.
I am not sure what happened with several other competitors cars, but we noticed several instances at the same corners.

We are now recommending the baffled GT350 oil pump and sump set up and Streetfighter oil cooler for all our customers if they intend to use their Mustang for track days.

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wait, so you drove the customers car back to your factory after the oil cooler had failed and was mixing oil and coolant in places it shouldn't go?

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wait, so you drove the customers car back to your factory after the oil cooler had failed and was mixing oil and coolant in places it shouldn't go?

oh oooo!

08.03.12-Cornered-34-Edit-Edit-2-Edit-Edit-Edit-620x802.jpg

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Fairly sure the customers car is not the one that had the oil cooler failure. if this fails it's a tow job to a workshop.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fairly sure the customers car is not the one that had the oil cooler failure. if this fails it's a tow job to a workshop.
The customer car with the Whipple has spent 3-4 months off the road since the test day. It is most certainly the car in question.

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback

Yes you're right. According to Motor Mag the vehicle with the split oil cooler must have gone home on a truck. The other one David is referring to is the SFP II that was shut down immediately after blowing smoke a seemed fine afterwards.

Another car from Harrop also blew smoke on a lap and apparently caused a bearing failure according to Motor.

I'm not a customer of Streetfighter, but I am a bit tired of how quickly some will jump on David. Then we get posts like below that would have taken longer to find the 'funny' photo than check the facts.

How about a retraction guys?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you're right. According to Motor Mag the vehicle with the split oil cooler must have gone home on a truck. The other one David is referring to is the SFP II that was shut down immediately after blowing smoke a seemed fine afterwards.

Another car from Harrop also blew smoke on a lap and apparently caused a bearing failure according to Motor.

I'm not a customer of Streetfighter, but I am a bit tired of how quickly some will jump on David. Then we get posts like below that would have taken longer to find the 'funny' photo than check the facts.

How about a retraction guys?
Hang on, are you saying BOTH Streetfighter vehicles failed?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The Mustang mod game is growing buy the month and a growing amount of tuners/workshops want a slice of that Pony pie. It must be nerve racking for them, participating in these shootout's. Very brave of SF to put the graph, with numbers on here. The numbers (compared to the others) look good for the SC car, not so much, for the N/A car.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hang on, are you saying BOTH Streetfighter vehicles failed?
What I gathered from the article was that there were 2 cars. One had a terminal failure with the oil cooler. The other car blew some smoke but they checked it and it continued on.

I'm just assuming the customer car was the one that blew some smoke. An oil cooler failure renders the car unable to be driven, a la a couple of our UK brothers.

I stand to be corrected as I know what happens when one ass u me.

Cheers

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
What I gathered from the article was that there were 2 cars. One had a terminal failure with the oil cooler. The other car blew some smoke but they checked it and it continued on.

I'm just assuming the customer car was the one that blew some smoke. An oil cooler failure renders the car unable to be driven, a la a couple of our UK brothers.

I stand to be corrected as I know what happens when one ass u me.

Cheers
Yes that's my understanding as well, going on the Motor article. Plus the Herrod machine apparently suffered bearing failure from oil surge.

We are now recommending the baffled GT350 oil pump and sump set up and Streetfighter oil cooler for all our customers if they intend to use their Mustang for track days.
This might be worthwhile investment.

I'm taking mine to the track in a few weeks although to be honest, I don't think mine will experience the same lateral Gs with me at the wheel (compared to Warren Luff).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.