Long tubes and emissions

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Hey guys I'm in a pickle. I got long tubes with cats. Tuned with Lund. I went for my yearly inspection and monitors says my heater 02 and cat not ready and everything else is. I got no codes. I drove for 70 miles after the test and still not ready.what should I do?
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Talk with lund and let them know the issue. Sometimes tuners "shut off" the rear o2's.

OP
OP
Leshik

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Talk with lund and let them know the issue. Sometimes tuners "shut off" the rear o2's.
I did he says all the sensors are on. I read on Bama website that since the 02 are low the water corrosion can get in.

eightyeight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I've had the same problem since December, are you running spacers for the sensors? I've tried two different types with no luck

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Its got to be tune related. Mine will set the readiness in about 20miles and i don't..

OP
OP
Leshik

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Its got to be tune related. Mine will set the readiness in about 20miles and i don't..
Who's ur tuner? I think it might be the 02 extension since it had burned up so I rigged it so it wouldn't show a CEL. Maybe its sending a wick signal.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
First and foremost go to lund support and request a Emmissions revision! I had to get the revision to pass. You will have emission ready tune, secondly I don't know what headers your running but even if you get cats on most if not every single header setup it will not pass Emissions. Reason why I haven't gone with long tubes. I was told kooks long tubes with green cats have a shot at passing but kooks told me it's not guaranteed. The cats are too far away from the engine which doesn't allow most cats to get hot enough and the 02 sensors won't keep a check engine light from lighting up. Let me know what happens but grab the emission revision drive 100 miles and if no check engine light try again

Sponsored
OP
OP
Leshik

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
First and foremost go to lund support and request a Emmissions revision! I had to get the revision to pass. You will have emission ready tune, secondly I don't know what headers your running but even if you get cats on most if not every single header setup it will not pass Emissions. Reason why I haven't gone with long tubes. I was told kooks long tubes with green cats have a shot at passing but kooks told me it's not guaranteed. The cats are too far away from the engine which doesn't allow most cats to get hot enough and the 02 sensors won't keep a check engine light from lighting up. Let me know what happens but grab the emission revision drive 100 miles and if no check engine light try again
Thanks ill try it.

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
Been recently looking up this topic. I'm switching plates to NJ and my old 2000 GT has longtubes with catted h-pipe. I'm not exactly sure what the emissions test for. I believe my O2 sensors turned off bc no emissions testing in Fl. Can this be tuned and them put back on to pass?

OP
OP
Leshik

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Been recently looking up this topic. I'm switching plates to NJ and my old 2000 GT has longtubes with catted h-pipe. I'm not exactly sure what the emissions test for. I believe my O2 sensors turned off bc no emissions testing in Fl. Can this be tuned and them put back on to pass?

Yes

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
What do they test for as far as emission and all this other junk?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
2000 mustang will pass, your allowed 2 not ready signals on cars older then 2011, therefore that's the 2 rear 02 sensors anything newer your in trouble. That's how's it's in NY I'm sure for NJ as well
Sponsored