Looking for a pre-fabed cable with RCA pre-amp outputs for 9 speaker Shaker

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Better to swap to Sync 3 period. The biggest difference isn't the sound, it's the functionality and the ease of use. I would start with that and add a Helix DSP.2 as well as front speakers and a replacement sub. Really depends on what you want but I try to tell people that upgrading audio is like adding a blower, sooner or later you'll hit the limitations of what Clarion and Pioneer have done for Ford. The stock sub box could be modeled to work just fine with a better driver. The front tweeter and mid bass should be replaced. The factory mid is useless bc of the placement that was dictated by styling and not where it would sound best. And anyone that reads my post knows how I feel about rear speakers.
Agreed and I will probably go the Sync 3 route first. I actually had a life as an installer with my own large SPL system and then I grew into sound clarity comps. Image Dynamics with some MB Quart stuff.

Just kind of grew out of it and went into the speed category. Wouldn't mind a little bit better sounding audio though.
Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Agreed and I will probably go the Sync 3 route first. I actually had a life as an installer with my own large SPL system and then I grew into sound clarity comps. Image Dynamics with some MB Quart stuff.

Just kind of grew out of it and went into the speed category. Wouldn't mind a little bit better sounding audio though.
So I've been doing this since 95-96. I always ran Alpine HUs with PPI Amplifiers, MB Quart components and JL subs. Then I heard Dynaudio drivers and never went back to metal domes. If you like it that bright, Dr Mueller (the M in MB Quart) is the component speaker designer at JL Audio. But if you want something more natural Hybrid Audio Clarus is my budget choice.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was HiFonics (6x series 8 Zues) amps and JL (6x15W6) subs in the SPL arena. The 6 15s were in a extended cab S-10 with a walk through to the bed. Yeah it was stupid.

Image Dynamics horns, MB quart mids, with JL subs. PPI (606.2)amp with Audio control. Also in that timeframe from about 94-2003 until I got my first LS Camaro.

Instead of blowing my ears out I changed over to trying to kill myself with speed.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I was HiFonics (6x series 8 Zues) amps and JL (6x15W6) subs in the SPL arena. The 6 15s were in a extended cab S-10 with a walk through to the bed. Yeah it was stupid.

Image Dynamics horns, MB quart mids, with JL subs. PPI (606.2)amp with Audio control. Also in that timeframe from about 94-2003 until I got my first LS Camaro.

Instead of blowing my ears out I changed over to trying to kill myself with speed.
Why not both! :D :lol: Not as big but I'm putting two 12" Fi SP4v2's on about 8kW into my mustang :headbonk:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Why not both! :D :lol: Not as big but I'm putting two 12" Fi SP4v2's on about 8kW into my mustang :headbonk:
I seriously did not and still do not understand why you ran your ground cables from the front to the back. Ground is ground and the shorter the better.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I seriously did not and still do not understand why you ran your ground cables from the front to the back. Ground is ground and the shorter the better.
The body of the car cant conduct electricity as good as a copper wire. Especially newer cars that dont have a real frame and are just several pieces of metal welded together. Hundreds of amps dont flow well through sheet metal welds as well as OFC. On smaller systems it wont be an issue but on large systems that will be a bottleneck.

As far as length goes, the ground/negative has to go from the case of the alternator back to your amps anyway. Again, better to do that through a copper wire than sheet metal welds. I'm surprised you were able to run such a big system grounding through the body without massive voltage drop.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I ordered some of the connectors. I really would like a local to test it on. Once I make one I can quote a price. I never make any profit on this stuff but with MOQ's I have to be sure I'm not losing anything.
I'll gladly purchase one that plugs into the amp with just the RCA connectors to add a subwoofer as soon as you have these available. That's seriously the only thing that's been holding me back from adding a stealthbox is the lack of true connection possibilities, and not having the tools to create the plug anymore like I used to be able to.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
The body of the car cant conduct electricity as good as a copper wire. Especially newer cars that dont have a real frame and are just several pieces of metal welded together. Hundreds of amps dont flow well through sheet metal welds as well as OFC. On smaller systems it wont be an issue but on large systems that will be a bottleneck.

As far as length goes, the ground/negative has to go from the case of the alternator back to your amps anyway. Again, better to do that through a copper wire than sheet metal welds. I'm surprised you were able to run such a big system grounding through the body without massive voltage drop.
I was in a truck with a frame. I am Quality Assurance guy by education and trade. Bonding, shielding, and grounding is my one area of concentration.

In buildings though. :lol:

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would also be interested in a cable like this, But i have base audio, and would like 4 channels as well as a sub channel if thats possible.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Once I saw the signal voltage and confirmed the EQ was turned off I knew it would come down to connector and terminal availability.
Are you talking about the signal processing coming from the head unit? The bass roll-off as the volume goes up?

I thought you had to use Forscan to modify something in order to turn that off.

This cable we're talking about, it would connect to the harness that normally plugs into the factory amp, then gives us RCA outs for left/right front and rear, yes?

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Are you talking about the signal processing coming from the head unit? The bass roll-off as the volume goes up?
I thought you had to use Forscan to modify something in order to turn that off.
You do. It's pretty simple. The voltage that I'm referring to is the line level voltage that the ACM produces when you have it in what I will call pre-amp mode. This is the mode that Premium cars come with. The voltage I have measured was a solid 3.8-4.2 volts. Now let's be clear, back in the day aftermarket HUs would advertise 4V pre-outs all on the higher hend HUs. But then Ken Pohlman and they guys who wrote inbiased reviews in the car stereo rags were smart enough to hook one to a scope and see that that 4V out was really only 1.75-2.2 V nominally, most of the time you had to turn it all the way up and play 1 Hz test tones to hit 4V. Even then you weren't guaranteed the signal would not clip somewhere before max volume. The ACM in these cars has the BEST line level out voltage I have seen. And I have been around since 1995. This is another reason why I believe that the Sync 3 in combination with a DSP such as the Helix is a better option than aftermarket units.

This cable we're talking about, it would connect to the harness that normally plugs into the factory amp, then gives us RCA outs for left/right front and rear, yes?
There are two versions, the ACM-RCA out which is more for base cars or base cars that upgrade to Sync 3 and then there is the DSP/Amp-RCA harness which is for Premium cars. Both allow RCA out directly to a DSP or amplifier. I am trying to find someone in Columbus or Cincinnati, Ohio who has a Premium and wants to add aftermarket amplifiers/DSP so that I can test the Premium harness. Once I have that I can make them.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I would also be interested in a cable like this, But i have base audio, and would like 4 channels as well as a sub channel if thats possible.
The ACM doesn't have a sub out, and to be honest there's no reason to use rear speakers. Use the rear RCA out for a sub. Unless you're using a DSP.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Want me to drag my Premium down to you this weekend???
Sponsored