OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It'd probably help if you put the as-built changes in the OP.

You have info there on adapters and FORScan, but I don't see anything about what you have to change.
Good idea. But not everyone will be the same. I could do a generic one though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'll have about $420 into all the parts for TWO cars! :-D
That’s almost as good of a deal as my $35 California Special front grille :lol:

When I wrote this post no one was sure if APIMs from different cars would work but as you and others have found the as built data from a Mustang will have it operating normally. No more Mustang tax.

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Great deal bro! Good luck with the install!

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It’s real. Still has the horse on it, like CS but I’m going to take it off so that the Cobra Jet grilles will match the Cobra Jet blower

638_D1_FF9_DBEE_4_E8_D_978_E_3_D2_C833_C49_A4.png

Last edited:

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
The grabber looks dope

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Forgot to note earlier, it appears the screen brackets on the Escape Sync 3 are the same as on the Mustangs just reversed. So you just need to swap left and right brackets
That’s excellent info. Maybe we need to collect a better record of APIM brackets, like I said, when I wrote that no one was positive that Ford was using the same APIM for most cars and trucks.

Mustang - Fits
Focus - Needs brackets
Fiesta -
Fusion -
Taurus -
Explorer -
Escape - Needs brackets
Flex -
Transit Connect -
CMAX - Fits
F150 - Needs brackets
F250/350

Last edited:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
That’s excellent info. Maybe we need to collect a better record of APIM brackets, like I said, when I wrote that no one was positive that Ford was using the same APIM for most cars and trucks.

Mustang - Fits
Focus - Fits
Fiesta -
Fusion -
Taurus -
Explorer -
Escape - Fits, flip brackets R to L
Flex -
Transit Connect -
CMAX - Fits
F150 - Needs brackets
F250/350
I can also say the Focus brackets are completely different, though the APIM and screen itself seem to be the same. Would just need to swap brackets if you get a Focus unit. Also it appears of doing an MFT swap you can just swap brackets from MFT to Sync 3 easily. Would only need to acquire your own brackets if you are doing a base to Sync swap.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Forgot to note earlier, it appears the screen brackets on the Escape Sync 3 are the same as on the Mustangs just reversed. So you just need to swap left and right brackets
Mine came from an escape as well, but I didn't really pay close attention to the shape of the brackets, and just swapped over the ones from the MFT.

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't know if this has been asked or mentioned yet, but the new 301a package includes Sync 3 and you can get it for the base mustangs. Do we think that this will make the swap easier for us or even able to get it from ford directly?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
My bad, Hex, I deleted my post above because it was wrong information. I spoke too soon with out trying to actually bolt it up with the bezel!

The Escape brackets ARE different after all. I tried it out yesterday and realized the holes are in a slightly different vertical location. So you can bolt it up but it won't line up with your bezel correctly.

My bad, sorry for the bad info :(

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I don't know if this has been asked or mentioned yet, but the new 301a package includes Sync 3 and you can get it for the base mustangs. Do we think that this will make the swap easier for us or even able to get it from ford directly?
Ive mentioned that in one of the 2018 Mustang preview pics from months ago showed a Sync3 with cloth interior. I think that the 3 month delay on getting my premium stereo bezel w/o heated seats was due to Ford ordering a lot of those bezels for the upcoming 2018. My assumption is that it will be a lot easier to find parts once 2018's started to get wrecked. As for wiring changes, I imagine they'll still be the same.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ford won’t sell you a brand new APIM/Touchscreen. You can buy a refurb but you must provide either a Sync 3 core from a Mustang or a large core charge and even then both scenarios are cost prohibitive. I worked behind the parts counter at a Ford dealer when I was in college for 3 years and Mike R from ANF has told me that nothing has changed.

Stig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
to be traded for 2015 GT premium (just ordered)
i Want to upgrade to sync3 and was curious about programming the APIM. Can I use the same APIM settings from my sync2 apim on sync 3? I already have NAV heated/cooled seats etc... and only want to upgrade to sync 3 while keeping the same features that I already have?

I appreciate any help.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.