OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
my curiosity is peaked! but jesus!!!! $1300, really dating myself here, but I remember catbacks being available for Fox Body's for under $300, now they werent quite this quality but damn!
Yeah it's not cheap, but neither are systems like Corsa or AWE. Plus, this exhaust isn't like a Flowmaster or Magnaflow system, which are really just mandrel bent piping and universal mufflers welded together. Krona's construction and finish are top notch.
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yep, one of our more underrated systems, nice review

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah it's not cheap, but neither are systems like Corsa or AWE. Plus, this exhaust isn't like a Flowmaster or Magnaflow system, which are really just mandrel bent piping and universal mufflers welded together. Krona's construction and finish are top notch.
oh I totally agree! hell I'd pull the trigger on it but the wife would kill me lol

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
The AM video is missing out on a lot of the sound. I think their mic is struggling, especially on the tip zoomed view. Really, it is so much deeper and throatier in person. At low rpms, there is a lot of the hollow reverberating (not drone, think auditorium effect) exhaust tone reminiscent of fox 5.0s. Regarding drone, it can be boomy on take off or under load (steep hill), but I set my cruise at a few engine speeds between 1800 and 2200 rpm and its not droning. You can hear the exhaust at cruise speeds, but there is no cabin resonance for me.

Can you explain this boominess for in cabin volume and sound?

When i went to hear the AWE it was much louder and boomy in the cabin, and this was stop sign to stop sign and low rpm cruising. It actually would get quieter as you get up to speed. But even with the windows down you would hear the in cabin boom much more than the actual exhaust. I would need to put the radio volume up high or speak rather loudly to be heard over it. Great for a sometimes car but not so much for a DD.

The borla s-type cat back i heard was like stock inside until you gave it some foot. A small margin louder than stock while cruising. This has been my favorite so far but im wondering if there is anything that reaches deeper.

I like the Krona sound, its much like the AWE in videos at least. but the in cabin volume killed it for me

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Can you explain this boominess for in cabin volume and sound? ...

I like the Krona sound, its much like the AWE in videos at least. but the in cabin volume killed it for me
The volume of the Krona is fairly tame unless you get into the throttle. I took my fiancée out for ice cream last night and got the "are you kidding me look" for rolling the windows down to listen to the exhaust better. I guess it was too cold, whatever. I rolled them back up, and we had no problem holding a conversation. Aside from me wanting to rev in a drive thru, it's S.O. approved. I wouldn't hesitate to drive her around on date nights, and it could easily be daily driven.

In regards to the booming I should probably rephrase, because the lousy base model stereo can "boom" more than the Krona exhaust. There is increased cabin volume during higher engine load situations, i.e. steep grades, bogging on takeoff, and being lazy not downshifting while rolling to a light. Under normal driving conditions, it's very unobtrusive with the windows up or down.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It sounds great. In the posted video above it sounds just like the Borla S type which is as you explained, it has that perfect deep tone/rumble in the lower RPMS and rips in the uppers.

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
It sounds great. In the posted video above it sounds just like the Borla S type which is as you explained, it has that perfect deep tone/rumble in the lower RPMS and rips in the uppers.
I'm sure the Borla sounds good, haven't heard it in person though. I just can't get past the single wall tips on their systems. Dual wall tips in 4.5" look best on these cars, IMO.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Next time you have a chance bring it back to my shop and I'll bring my shotgun mic which does a great job of capturing exhaust sounds without any ambient or reverb.

[MENTION=30043]triggered[/MENTION] : doit doit doit doit peerpressure doit doit. I also saw one one of your youtube vids you had a link to the inside cabin sound in the comments. But when its clicked on it says the video was removed. Do you still have that?

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Would like to hear it with an x-pipe
And i would love it with an h pipe. But i think without the mid resonator the smooth non raap tone may get raspy and wilder. Its hard to find even regular clips of this out there which stinks because it aint bad at all.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I wish they could've come up with a better name lol. or logo.. maybe I just have to get used to it but it just sounds :tsk:.

But for a deeper tone.. Id imagine its more restrictive which is ok since cat backs don't gain all that much anyways. Just make a deeper tone with your mouth and youll notice you restrict air flow with your lips etc. Easy way to know.

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
And i would love it with an h pipe. But i think without the mid resonator the smooth non raap tone may get raspy and wilder. Its hard to find even regular clips of this out there which stinks because it aint bad at all.
I agree, hard to get the right balance of raspy and deep.

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Correct, the only sound absorption material is in the center muffler. Instead of doing a crossover followed by two bottle resonators, both the crossover and resonator are combined into this one muffler case. Without it, you would be left with straight pipes and Helmholtz resonators.
Sponsored