Sponsored

Going for 500whp N/A

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I have been contemplating going FI vs NA for a bit now. I figure the safest way route to go right now is NA. I am planning on purchasing parts this week and they are as follows:

OPG, ATI balancer, CJ intake with monoblade and comp stage 3 NA cams.

I put 430 to the wheels and now run E85. I estimate around 4440 or so right now. The only debate is to possibly prepare the car for going FI later. That would be going with a Stage 2 blower cams instead of the Stage 3 NA. I'm wondering how much power would that give up now?

Anything I'm missing?
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
You wont get to 500 rwhp n/a without porting your heads! As far as adding boost later, which is what i intend to do at some point. centri blowers will the best transition with stage 3 cams. When you get the cams make sure you get upgraded valve springs. Also get billet crank gears and a new arp crank bolt!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wont get to 500 rwhp n/a without porting your heads! As far as adding boost later, which is what i intend to do at some point. centri blowers will the best transition with stage 3 cams. When you get the cams make sure you get upgraded valve springs. Also get billet crank gears and a new arp crank bolt!!

Thanks for your input. I see that you have 477. I hope I will come a little closer as the CJ, E85, manual and no cats will add a few ponies.

Do you know how much the cams helped you out?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I think the only 500+whp N/A build I've seen on the S550, they changed out the pistons for higher compression.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your input. I see that you have 477. I hope I will come a little closer as the CJ, E85, manual and no cats will add a few ponies.

Do you know how much the cams helped you out?
No because the build was done all in 1 shot. i literally showed up with all the parts and jpc installed it and tuned it!

Sponsored

Gremlinsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
727 roush
Send me the heads
I'm ready to get started on reworking the and help you get to the 500 plus mark

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can get to 500 whp with 11:1 compression but by the time your done you'll spend more then a blower set up!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
I think if you want to get past the 480 rwhp, your going to spend 5k more to get 20 rwhp. Might be better to look at weight reduction modifications at that point to speed up the car and not the motor.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rear seat delete kit, lighter wheels, aluminum ds, bmr k-member, if you have a spare tire & jack remove them, Thats about 150+lbs...

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Your list is missing headers, and I don't see them in your sig. If you go this route i'm interested in your results.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your list is missing headers, and I don't see them in your sig. If you go this route i'm interested in your results.
My bad, nice catch, had to edit my sig.

It has ARH headers and full exhaust.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be close hopefully, I may or not make it but Im giving it a try! I purchased the OPG and Crank gear and ordered the cams, CJ intake, mono blade TB and 47lb injectors. What I'm predicting is a little better numbers than the GT 350 IM. I have seen great numbers from them and almost purchased one. What will pull it close will be what the cams do.... this is my thinking. I will see if they are worth the $$.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Not going for upgraded springs? If so I will be interested in if they really are needed or not and if so what RPM did the stock springs get you to.

The NA stage 3 cams seem to fall somewhere in between FI stage 1 and 2 from the specs I can see. I doubt power will suffer at all if in the future you decide to go FI.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not going for upgraded springs? If so I will be interested in if they really are needed or not and if so what RPM did the stock springs get you to.

The NA stage 3 cams seem to fall somewhere in between FI stage 1 and 2 from the specs I can see. I doubt power will suffer at all if in the future you decide to go FI.
I did not order springs. Seems a lot of people spin the stock springs on other IM's. I don't know how much more aggressive the cam lobes are and if they are a must.
Sponsored