Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a picture of the Scosche D6210B kit. It's the best picture I could get of it.

Kinda ugly how the screen protrudes out so much but it looks like it's necessary for clearance issues.

No thanks. It propagates one of the things I dislike about the premium interior: can't control where the air goes without using a touchscreen.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
No thanks. It propagates one of the things I dislike about the premium interior: can't control where the air goes without using a touchscreen.
True that...leave me with my physical controls!

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
if u look at the picture closer it shows buttons on the sides which allows you to control climate without using the screen.

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
if u look at the picture closer it shows buttons on the sides which allows you to control climate without using the screen.
....and no matter what the HVAC controls are like, it certainly beats the hell out of the stock radio POS.

OP, is there are rough ETA?

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Thank GOD! Now I don't have to get a custom harness or expensive OEM screen for $2,000! Hope this kit is in the 200-300 range tops. Then a nice Pioneer headunit for ~$300 is very reasonable. Don't have to fiddle with line output converters now. Perfect timing as this winter I'll be purchasing all my stereo equipment in prep for the spring!

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank GOD! Now I don't have to get a custom harness or expensive OEM screen for $2,000! Hope this kit is in the 200-300 range tops. Then a nice Pioneer headunit for ~$300 is very reasonable. Don't have to fiddle with line output converters now. Perfect timing as this winter I'll be purchasing all my stereo equipment in prep for the spring!
if theyre the same (which it looks like they are) as the Scosche climate control hard buttons on the 2010-14 dash panel, they do not control where the air is aimed, they are fan speed up/down, max a/c, defrost, temp up/down, power menu, but I could be wrong on the exact ones they are, but I know they do not control where the air is aimed, and this kit will not be cheap, Id say it will be no less than $459 to start, I paid $350 for my 2010-14 kit.

despite the shortcomings of the stock premium system, Im not willing to lose 1" in screen real estate, but if Ford doesnt bring Android Auto/Car Play (which I fear they wont) to 2016's I might be forced to go this route

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I agree I would much rather get a nice pioneer head unit. I plan on getting nicer speakers also. Had some when I had my last car and ran them off the stock head unit with line output converters and it didn't sound nearly as good as getting a good head unit. Really looking forward to this kit. I also have a 2015 so no car play and that is one thing I really want to have.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Interesting. If the price is right, and if it actually doesn't get perpetually delayed, then I might go down this road in the future.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
They didn't give me an eta, but like everything I'm sure if they did it would get pushed back. I've got my double din android head unit in a premium bezel so I can wait a while ;)

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I'll go this route as long as iDatalink makes the Maestro compatible with the S550. Should be able to sell the factory Sync 3 and recover most if not all of the costs associated to move to a nicer Pioneer double din radio.

Sponsored

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
I'll go this route as long as iDatalink makes the Maestro compatible with the S550. Should be able to sell the factory Sync 3 and recover most if not all of the costs associated to move to a nicer Pioneer double din radio.
Is Idatalink known to make better components vs Scosche?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
This is a game changer. I have sync 3, but would give my 4th from the left nut to be able to swap to a good HU.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
iDatalink maestro allows you to keep the Sync, built in phone mic etc just like the factory system but utilize aftermarket headunits.
http://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/102
That's awesome for those who want to keep sync. Me, I've removed all the sync components from my car including the head unit behind the dash that holds the factory cd player. I even disconnected the factory microphone and replaced it with the microphone for my aftermarket head unit, feed the wire all the way around the windshield under the trim so it's invisible. For me all my modifications were more about getting rid of sync than anything else. Sync was nothing but terrible and was so limited in what it could do if it worked like it was supposed to anyway. I now have 100% reliable Bluetooth and hands free calling. I was even able to get the rear view camera to display on the aftermarket head unit.

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
iDatalink maestro allows you to keep the Sync, built in phone mic etc just like the factory system but utilize aftermarket headunits.
http://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/102
Gotcha. In lieu of that, you can still use SWC and use a new, better microphone hooked up to a good HU if you use the Schosche unit (in theory), correct?
Assuming that the HU can do voice controls, is there anythign that you'd get with the idatalink that you won't be able to acheive with, say, the Pioneer 8200?
Sponsored