Sponsored

Rear panel on trunk lid - gaps

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok, so tons of threads regarding rear bumper cover gaps...

I have not seen this one addressed:

Can the black panel on the trunk lid be adjusted so the gap is equal on each side where the ends of the panel is next to the tail light assemblies?
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I took mine back to the dealer a week after I took delivery. The body shop manager and I walked around the lot and looked at every Mustang available, and every single one was aligned differently, and NONE of them were close to perfect. They replaced the panel, which made it better, but not perfect. FWIF, I can deal with the way it now looks.

JR

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Mine is very off beside the left tail. The truck is also probably an 1/8th inch higher on the left. It will be taken in to the dealer to be adjusted soon to see how the decklid will line up after. Same as above poster said, I checked all of the '17s on the lot when I was taking delivery and they were all off. Some better fitted some even worse.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Ok, so tons of threads regarding rear bumper cover gaps...

I have not seen this one addressed:

Can the black panel on the trunk lid be adjusted so the gap is equal on each side where the ends of the panel is next to the tail light assemblies?
That panel can be adjusted.

When reinstalling the panel, just make sure to pay close attention to the distance between the outer edge of trunk to the inner edge of the panel. Had to move mine towards the drivers side by 1/2mm maybe. So after all is said and done, it'll be off to one side by a smidge and only visible when the trunk is open.

You may have to remove the lower trunk bracket that holds the bottom part of the panel and trim off the locating pins. This will allow you more wiggle room. (Moved the bracket a little to the left) It required it on mine so YMMV.
Sponsored