Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We've been chasing this one for weeks and finally captured the first video of the presumed 2018 Mach 1 S550 Mustang mule!

This mule differs from the previous version we showed in several ways.
Seen wearing Mustang GT clothing, the mule features an aggressive front splitter with two support rods connected to the lower grille.

The rear of the vehicle sports what appears to be a Ford Racing decklid panel with an integrated ducktail spoiler. As shown in the first spy photos, it also has a quad tip exhaust setup that as we hear in the video, packs a big audible punch.

The Mach 1 mule sits on 10-spoke brushed aluminum wheels in the rear (akin to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca wheels) which are wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero 275/40R19 tires. The mismatched front wheels are the ebony black-painted GT performance package wheels. Luckily, we get a chance to see the wheels in action in this video which shows the vehicle launching down the local roads of Dearborn, Michigan.

Even in this brief clip you can hear the louder, throatier rumble emanating from the Mach 1 mule as the Ford test driver gets on the gas.

[ame]

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule1.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule2.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule3.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule4.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule5.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule6.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule7.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule8.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule9.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule10.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule11.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule12.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule13.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule14.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule15.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule16.jpg

Mach 1 S550 Mustang Mule17.jpg

Sponsored

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Price speculation?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That exhaust has a deep, deep tone to it. I love it!!

Sponsored

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Love the quads!!!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Very nice guys! It does sound great, just not voodoo powered unfortunately. This brings up so many questions in my mind though lol. Kind of strange that they installed these parts on the mule...mismatched wheels, chin splitter and rear spoiler aren't likely to be things they need to test on a mule out in the open, especially if this will be a 2018 model. Shouldn't they be testing these parts with the 2018 refresh body panels? Still have the hack job rear diffuser too so aside from the exhaust, who knows what will end up being on the final car. I honestly think all the Ford Racing stuff might just be random parts they threw on and this could be a drivetrain mule for a more powerful standard GT for 2018 or lightly upgraded Bullitt model. These pictures just leave me scratching my head...:confused:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Very nice guys! It does sound great, just not voodoo powered unfortunately. This brings up so many questions in my mind though lol. Kind of strange that they installed these parts on the mule...mismatched wheels, chin splitter and rear spoiler aren't likely to be things they need to test on a mule out in the open, especially if this will be a 2018 model. Shouldn't they be testing these parts with the 2018 refresh body panels? Still have the hack job rear diffuser too so aside from the exhaust, who knows what will end up being on the final car. I honestly think all the Ford Racing stuff might just be random parts they threw on and this could be a drivetrain mule for a more powerful standard GT for 2018 or lightly upgraded Bullitt model. These pictures just leave me scratching my head...:confused:
I hear what you're saying, although this could just be a very early Mach 1 mule. I suspect the deck lid/spoiler could carry over/bolt straight onto the '18 car, as could that front splitter.

Perhaps they want to test things out in the open now, as it would be more difficult to do this on an '18 prototype with more camo on it :shrug:

Either way, it's great to see these photos :coolphotos:

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Love the exhaust 'make it fit' mod. Reminds me of guys cutting out the bumper on 87-93 GT's to have the straight tailpipe LX look.

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
Mufflers are definitely 13/14 GT500 quads and the wheels are Boss 302 Laguna Seca in silver, I do like the front splitter and decklid spoiler. IF it were are Mach 1 they are sticking to same game as they did in 03/04, take a bunch of leftover parts, slap them on it and call it a Mach 1.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Ok all you Photoshoppers........can we get the 10 spoke wheels photoshopped to the front as well?

Thanks!!!!
:thumbsup:

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Those wheels are the sames as Boss 302 LS

Sponsored