Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Mine shipped today, I'll post photos here and in my build log when it arrives and gets installed. I currently have the amp mounted on the back of the seat, anyone have a suggestion close to that location that would work? Idk how much slack my installer left in the wiring.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You'll probably still have room on the seat back or back of the sub box.

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Mine shipped today, I'll post photos here and in my build log when it arrives and gets installed. I currently have the amp mounted on the back of the seat, anyone have a suggestion close to that location that would work? Idk how much slack my installer left in the wiring.
Sweeeet! Keep us updated!!! I'm on the verge of buying it!

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I ordered the rear facing box this evening. I debated with myself for over 24 hours on which one to order. I ALWAYS overthink these types of purchases. I think it was easier to settle on which car to buy than it was to choose which audio components I wanted to put IN the car. LOL

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Looks like a perfect fit. Would love to see one faced forward.

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
You'll probably still have room on the seat back or back of the sub box.
Confirmed today with Zenclosures that this box sits flush against the rear seats so no room for seat mounted amps.

I might mount my amp with a custom bracket to the underside of the rear deck to keep it out of sight since I intend on mounting the Air Suspension in the spare tire section.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I inquired about offset single subs which they will do. I can then modify the empty side to flush mount an amp ;)

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
I'm still deciding on two 10's or one 10 hah. Front facing of course

Sponsored

16GT/CS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
On the web site it shows the side of the box has room to maybe mount an amp behind the false panels. I don't know what it would do for the airflow for cooling but it would keep the amp hidden.

Confirmed today with Zenclosures that this box sits flush against the rear seats so no room for seat mounted amps.

I might mount my amp with a custom bracket to the underside of the rear deck to keep it out of sight since I intend on mounting the Air Suspension in the spare tire section.

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
I inquired about offset single subs which they will do. I can then modify the empty side to flush mount an amp ;)
Will that by okay for the amp? Only reason I don't want to mount it to the sub enclosure now is I heard from several installers that it's bad due to vibrations.

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
My amp is only 9.1 x 6.8 x 2 inches so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to mount it somewhere out of the way. Looking at their photos though, it might be a tights squeeze above the enclosure where the rear deck is.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Will that by okay for the amp? Only reason I don't want to mount it to the sub enclosure now is I heard from several installers that it's bad due to vibrations.
If your box vibrates it's not a very well built box...however most folks that I know who have extreme setups use rubber isolators on the amp mounts. You can do a free floating mount inside a box.

But after thinking about it I might just build my own box. This one by Zen isn't anything complex and measuring the space can be done pretty easily with cardboard templates. Plus that will give me the ability to custom design the enclosure and insert a Lexan window and vinyl covering instead of carpet.

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
If your box vibrates it's not a very well built box...however most folks that I know who have extreme setups use rubber isolators on the amp mounts. You can do a free floating mount inside a box.

But after thinking about it I might just build my own box. This one by Zen isn't anything complex and measuring the space can be done pretty easily with cardboard templates. Plus that will give me the ability to custom design the enclosure and insert a Lexan window and vinyl covering instead of carpet.
So you're saying my 750watt single 12" in an enclosure that size should be fine for mounting my amp on the enclosure itself? haha
Sponsored